He Zhi Wen Playing for Drumchapel

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi alli’ve been watching videos on YouTube of He Zhi Wen Playing for Drumchapel and of course thoroughly enjoying them.

It made me wonder whether Drumchapel actually paid him to play for them. He surely wouldn’t do it for free. And I presume he had to live in Scotland during that time. There is very little money in table tennis and I wondered how it happened?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Some great matches definitely. I think they had Eugene Wang playing for the team as well at some stage

Think He only lost to Victor Brodd when he played that year if memory serves.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Wasn't Chris Doran a hardbat champion in England or I am mistaken
He competes and does well at the Ping Pong World Championships which are played with sandpaper bats. I think he might also be the world's tallest professional player, definitely one of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I think he lost only 1 or 2 matches in his time playing in the Premier league overall . Amazing tricky service and hits definitely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Drumchapel had an amazing set of players coming in overall. Eugene Wang was ranked well when he played in the Premier as well. Lui Song I think played as well. Lovely to watch such good players turn out.

This user has no status.
How good were his serves I heard they are in returnable at times

His serves were the best I've played against. I'm right handed and his serve from the corner swung ridiculously wide and fast out to my forehand side. So I moved over to have a chance to reach it at which point he was played straight down the line to my backhand very quickly which was extremely awkward. He basically only used these two serves the whole match. I could count on one hand the amount of times I won points off his serve for the whole match! Usually when you play great serves it's the amount of spin which catches you, but with He Zhi Wen it's the speed and placement.