Vega X

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
4 out of 5 rating for Vega X

As an intermediate level, FH-oriented player I glued on Vega X (black, 2.0) while playing a tournament to replace the R53 that I had just destroyed by grazing the table corner.

The transition was immediate. Some observation:

- Great rubber (for me) when serving. Utterly predictable for any spin, any speed, and any placement; very effective. A confidence booster.
- Magnificent in serve receives. Flicking, opening up with power on long serves work very well — as does the short game. Again, good for confidence.
- No easy spin like R53 or T05; opening up a deep backspin ball requires you to get into it a bit more. Fast and deep is more true to its nature than slow and spinny.
- It does grip the ball well, with good feeling.
- When counterspinning, it's very powerful. Not R53 level powerful, but still remarkably powerful.
- It's a very good blocking rubber. Easy to keep blocks tight, ready to change pace (accelerate, decelerate) at any moment.
- In matchplay I got better than expected results, which I mostly tribute to a remarkable amount of outright service points (usually not my forte).
- I have the impression that it took a few sessions for Vega X to break in.
- No visible signs of wear after about a few dozen hours of play.

As comparisons go, I'd put this more in line with R48 than with Vega Pro. It's no beginner rubber, but once the basics are down it should work very well for any offensive player.

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews

Currently I am searching for less spin sensitive rubbers for my FH and I came to this rubber. Some say, that it is an upgrade to the Vega Pro. Usually I play modern looping/attacking rubbers on my FH (Like M1, Omega V PRO, MX-P, Nittaku Fastarc G1). I was searching for a fast, but bit less spin sensitive and forgiving gear. So this rubber has a soft upper rubber, that absorbs the ball and helps to get a prolonged contact during your hit. But when you engage the sponge it simply explodes. This rubber is fast. The general throw of the rubber is flat, but it always clears the net, I did not have to alter my technique from them M1 to play with this rubber. When you loop, the throw angle can get really high. This is a really stable rubber, mainly for FH. Cut down to standard butterfly head size it is 53 g. Compared to the modern tensors it does not have a huge spin potential, it is only decent. On the other side, this rubber is simply a confidence booster, it has insane amount of controlled speed paired with resistance to incoming spin. If your game is about (fast) looping and counerlooping and quickly playing the ball out of the reach of your opponent, this rubber will help you to do that. The price is really good, the durability is also good. Maybe this is not recommended generally to pro players, because of the lack of monster spin, but every intermediate player should check it out if it suits their playing style.

This user has no status.

I play this on a Waldner Senso Carbon blade in red, max. A bit more linear than a Tibhar MX-P. A great Off to allround play rubber. Good spin but not monster spin. But overall a totally good rubber for amateur players with a clear controlled feedback. I think its a rubber you cant do wrong to try. Too fast for a beginner player though!