Video Interview w Timo Boll (17th June 2020)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Here we are, 10 hours after the initial post was made... ZERO comments and two likes...

... and we have a forum member who just interviewed TIMO FREEKIN' BOLL.

The inattention to this thread and others like it while fanboy Dignics, Natl H3, pro Tenergy, and 968 threads get double digit posts in the first two hours says it all about what people on the forums are like.

Look in fuddin' mirror TTD Members and evaluate where you stand.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I’m in awe of Timo and digest this kind of interview intently and intensely.

That said, it’s a building of it’s own. It’s out there, finished and furnitured. It needs no additions, can do without comments.

Mythical minor things in a few blades or rubbers suddenly en vogue, though…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Great interview, timo is such a friendly guy.crazy that he played in the bundesliga at age 14. Here is him beating former world number 6 Chen zhibin at age 16 (chen was in his mid 30s and past his prime but still one of the better bundesliga players at that time
https://youtu.be/JAtIlspPelg

I wonder if timo being such a nice and relaxed person cost him some success at the world and Olympic level.

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I wonder if timo being such a nice and relaxed person cost him some success at the world and Olympic level.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that Timo is a credit to our sport and I hope that being nice has not cost him any matches. In our local leagues there are players who are friendly, fair and a pleasure to play and others who will try any trick (legal or otherwise) to gain a point. I think I am more likely to be fair to a fair player and would possibly "steal" a point against a nasty opponent.

p.s. great interview Matt. At the start of the interview your jacket shows that you are now sponsored by AJOOL -who are they?

This user has no status.
I did comment on YouTube, and I gave a thumbs-up to Matt for the nice interview. Your point is a good one, though.

—Tim

Here we are, 10 hours after the initial post was made... ZERO comments and two likes...

... and we have a forum member who just interviewed TIMO FREEKIN' BOLL.

The inattention to this thread and others like it while fanboy Dignics, Natl H3, pro Tenergy, and 968 threads get double digit posts in the first two hours says it all about what people on the forums are like.

Look in fuddin' mirror TTD Members and evaluate where you stand.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TG, you are on of the few national heros.

I would not expect anyone to fall over themselves supporting this or that, but how most forum members post boatloads almost instantly on threads that have beaten the proverbial horse to a trillion deaths, yet say nothing on threads involving something like this is more than an indictment of the forum member's out of place preferences.

Sure, I believe everyone should do as they feel well with, but c'mon, at least respect good stuff with a little balance.