Real time AI table tennis analytics

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This looks good! This type of innovation/tech could really help the sport on TV, stats that can give viewer more things to impress them will help the sport. Such as in tennis with the speed of serve etc, this impresses the viewers watching and it's also a talking point for the lurked fan. I don't watch cricket for example but when I have done I found the speed etc interesting. I can't tell from the video but once the spin can be read effectively that's really going to help things I think.

Like right now we have no idea who has the spinniest serve in the world, or the fastest forehand or spinniest backhand flick etc. So there is a lot of cool opportunity :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Yes, viewers engagement is very important for the future of TT imho.

Players could play without any problem their matches using the analysis of previous games of their opponents and their intuition (a.k.a experience) as they did for long time. But if you add live analysis for viewers it suddenly get's so much more interesting then shouting it's unbelievable, what a point :).

I am interested with whom in mind did they make this tech? Was it made for players to improve their game or more for broadcasters (to make viewing more interesting)..

They will be using this tech in the finals of Russian league as I understood. We'll see how it works out, but it looks very very interesting :)

Last edited:
Reactions: h117
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
new video: Russian table tennis team training

Annotation 2020-07-06 222808.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCSsPABnlC7

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls