Butterfly Aibiss

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
unnamed.jpg06080_02.jpg

So apparently we now get a good look at the new Butterfly Aibiss rubber. The characteristics of this rubber is that it has a 50 degree sponge that uses its "Spring Sponge" technology. Somehow, the color of the sponge kinda reminds me of the Rasanter series but with a lighter green sponge. This rubber is not out yet, but it will be released by July 1.

Manufacturing Details:
Speed: 10.5
Spin: 11

Description:
It is an adhesive rubber that combines "adhesive rubber-likeness" with stable high quality. By combining a special seat that uses a tub shape that draws out strong rotation with a harder sponge that applies the manufacturing technology of "Spring Sponge", we have realized a repulsive force that can withstand adhesive force. "Ibis", which produces a ball with a large amount of rotation and a high arch line, is recommended for players who aim to play utilizing the features of adhesive rubber such as precise bench technology and counter drive in the front team.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
"utilizing the features of adhesive rubber such as precise bench technology and counter drive in the front team" - can anyone decipher this word salad?

https://www.butterfly.co.jp/products/detail/06080.html
...緻密な台上技術や前陣でのカウンタードライブなど粘着性ラバーの特長を生かしたプレーを目指す選手にお勧めです。
...for players aiming for precise short game, counterdriving close to the table and so on that are the strong suits of tacky rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So this is the d09c for weaklings like me who play close in? Where can I buy some?

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So has anyone else tried Aibiss? I tried it and I found it extremely slow and it's really not spinny either. The sponge has no spring, it actually makes Chinese rubbers feel like a soft pillow :/When I tried to just hit through the sponge it is just absorbing all of my energy and it refuses to make the ball faster. I played for a long time with H3N and Battle2 so I don't have a weak hit at all, but I just can't make this rubber work.The spin is rated the same as Rozena but I'm not sure about that either, to be honest. I tried it more on the backhand and I could do opening loops safely with it, but my opponents actually blocked everything in the net.It almost feels like a troll rubber, tacky, slow, hard, heavy, and anti like... It has a good high arc, but I doubt it's because of the spin, I think it's just so slow that gravity arcs the ball trajectory.That being said close to the table countering was really good with it. I haven't tried D09c, but I doubt it strongly that it plays even remotely like this rubber.Well just wondering if anyone else has tried it since its release and with what level of success.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Giant Dragon has had the like thing since 2014.
SUPERVELOGE V12 48* hardness degree by Shore A.

Be happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
I bought this rubber 6-7 months ago (just to see how it played) and at first I liked it. Has good control with some speed close to the table. Perfect for close to the table play and blocking as mentioned by everyone. I also have D09c on the other side of the blade and I much prefer it over the Aibiss. D09c has significantly more feel, control and spin. If you are deciding between the two, definitely go with D09c. You get what you pay for. I also have Rakza 7 on another blade and maybe it's just me but I really like the feel and speed of R7 over Aibiss as well.