New Butterfly Rubber Aibis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
These auto-generated subtitles with translations are .... interesting:

Aibiss_autogenerated_subtitles.jpg

Sounds like the first rule out of the Goon Squad rule book.

Found another video, which I thought was more helpful:

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The devil is in the detail?

Strictly speaking, it isn't Spring Sponge but "a hard sponge utilizing the manufacturing technology of Spring Sponge." Therefore, unlike Rozena, Aibiss isn't listed under the categories of "High Tension" and "Spring Sponge".

Exploitation of cognitive bias at its best. Another decoy to get people hooked. Want more speed? Bling-bling - D09C!
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6787705520
AlBlSS打过了,一句话,不太好用。配的是银河群秒到的PRO-01㡳板(外置ALC结构)。反手为了对比用,用有机换着贴的狂3和北斗3。

粘度一般,硬度够了,力量一般般,也就王座水平(甚至不到)。不过蝴蝶这个价位的东西,也不指望什么了,正手继续狂3……

jTPqMQh.jpg

OEfa53L.jpg
I've tried Aibiss. In one phrase, not that good. Paired with Yinhe Pro-01(outer ALC). For comparison on BH, H3 and Dipper 3[?] w/ VOC glue.

Tackiness so-so, hardness enough, power mediocre, Xiom Oza's level at best(or not even there). But given this price point for Butterfly, not expecting much, on with H3 for FH...

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6786737438
爱必死 我之前以为是王座水准 我道歉 我错了
729-08es?我接着道歉
不知道怎么形容 就是难用的让我怀念cj8000

ygpWWCo.jpg
Ai(love) bi(must) ss(die) I thought it'd be Oza's level My apologies I was wrong
729-08es? My apologies again
Don't know how to word it Just so difficult to use it reminds me of CJ8000

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6788927359
正手评测aibiss,底板U码金标vis

kDUqVZF.jpg

kyDw4FQ.jpg

np3us7x.jpg
FH review aibiss, blade initial U Viscaria Golden

aibiss其实并不难打,如果你习惯狂飙,那肯定要多花时间去适应体会才能得出结论,初上手给我的感觉就是很好上手,粘性适中。正手攻球不如刷油蓝省通透,但是依然有数,拉球弧线不长但是二跳下扎明显,摩擦不错但是和狂飙比起来差点意思,球速比狂飙快,发力后能感觉到胶皮的支撑还是可以的,但是问题就是退台后弧线有点短,需要多撞击一点拉长弧线。小球很出色,尤其是劈长拿一下咬球的感觉不错,摆短和狂飙比差点意思(同种手法)。防守时需要自己加一点力打回去。个人感觉很好上手,值这个价,也算是狂飙以外的一个好选择。

VC4A0rA.jpg
Aibiss is actually not difficult to play. If you are used to Hurricane, then you must spend more time to adapt/experience to reach a conclusion. Initial feeling is that it's easy to use and moderate in tackiness. On FH counterhits it's not as penetrating(TL's note: as in through the sponge) as boosted H3 BS, but still manageable. Loop is not long in arc but dip is obvious. Brushing is decent but pales in comparison to Hurricane. Shot speed is faster than Hurricane. Rubber feels decently solid when hit hard, but the problem is the arc is a bit short once away from table, and needs more hitting to extend the arc. Short game is outstanding, especially the feel of bite when deep pushing. Dropping short trails Hurricane (same stroke). Needs some active force to return when defending. Personally, easy to use, worth the price, can be regarded as a good alternative to Hurricane.

另外说一下这个aibiss的保护膜是粘性的,可以重复使用哈哈哈。
Also, the protective sheet that comes with the Aibiss is self-sticking, therefore re-useable, hehehe.

另外说一下这个aibiss新胶皮确实有点闷,要多冲冲。
Also, this new rubber Aibiss is a little dead, gotta drive more(TL's note: to break it in).

Last edited:
Jan 2018

Weight is consistent with those reported on Tieba. Strong spin, high throw, short arc, good bite, stable short game...typical of tacky rubbers. One interesting point raised by Abe(the one with glasses) is that it doesn't feel hard despite being 50 degrees, and that it was easy to use and so would recommend it to ladies.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6782928514
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6789527110

Last edited:
Reactions: balazs1234
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Played with the following during training with a robot and serve practice
- ALL UN-BOOSTED, sponge hardness scale is ‘Shore A’ used by both DHS and Butterfly I believe.

Primorac FL All-Wood blade, 2.1 mm H3 National 41 degree blue sponge,black, 1.9mm Dignics 09C 44 degree sponge, red.
Original Grubba all wood blade (30+yrs old), 2.1mm spin art, 48 degree sponge, red, 2.1mm Aibiss 50 degree sponge, black.

So out of these 4 rubbers, the H3 Nat has the softest sponge. The important thing to remember is that the hardness of the rubber top sheet also has a large effect on how the complete combo of sponge and rubber actually feels.
For comparison MXP, Victas 15 extra, Rhyzer 48 are all about 35 degree on the Shore ‘O’ scale (47.5 degree, Shore ‘A’ scale) the Aibiss comes in at about 61 degrees on the Shore ‘A’ scale !!!!
interestingly Butterfly have 4 rubbers with harder sponges than DHS H3 National or their other rubbers which are generally available in 39,40 & 41 degree hardness. (Shore ‘O’ scale)
Standard Dignics are 40 deg (53 deg Shore ‘A’ )
Tenergy 05 hard is 43 deg (55 deg Shore ‘A’ )

Speed (generally) 09C fastest, Spin art 2nd, H3 Nat 3rd, Aibiss 4th.
Spin , fh topspin loop - H3 Nat 1st, 09C 2nd, Spin art very close 3rd, Aibiss 4th
Spin , serve - H3 Nat and 09C =1st, Spin art and Aibiss = 2nd
Control , Aibiss and H3 Nat 1st, mainly because they are slower and the sponge has less ‘bounce’ O9C and Spin art 2nd, they seem very similar.
Throw angle, 09C highest, Spin art 2nd highest, Aibiss 3rd, H3 Nat lowest.
Gears , H3 Nat highest, Aibiss 2nd highest, O9C and Spin art = 3rd
Kick , H3 Nat had most and lowest forward kick, O9C 2nd best forward kick , 3rd Spin art, 4th Aibiss, because of the higher throw angles the Butterfly rubbers have a higher bounce and the kick seems less pronounced, but they still have a good amount of kick.

After using these rubbers for a number of hours practicing serves, and training with a robot, I would be happy to use any of them, the ‘safest’ rubber is the Aibiss the Sponge hardness didn’t make the rubber unplayable, it was actually nice to play with but will not be on the purchase list of the spring sponge fans. Needs more spin.
Spin art was faster and would appeal more to spring sponge fans. The O9C has the spring sponge feel that
Tenergy fans love, but the throw angle maybe too high.

Butterfly are saying these are high friction rubbers, the top sheets do feel very grippy, but they are not really tacky like the H3’s and other tacky Chinese rubbers.
i used Tackiness D 30 + yrs ago and you could pick the ball up and it would stick and hold for a second or so (when new) if the modern version of Tackiness D is still the same, then Tackiness D is more tacky than 09C, Spin art and Aibiss.
Butterfly have got their listed spin and speed ratings spot on for these rubbers.

However there’s still room in the line up for a REALLY tacky rubber with a potent spring sponge. If such a combination is possible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know guy who has chance to play with top asian player who was in Poland and he said that his national h3 is not tacky at all and sponge weight less, I saw photo so this is not gossip...
so I think butterfly follow that rules with two different way for amateurs and professional players but
they dont have the same quality in making sticky topsheet so we will see better rubbers in future from Butterfly
I got 729 08 pro and its light around 47 grams plus its not very tacky...

Tackiness comes in degrees. Also some people do not preserve tack and after playing with D09C, if I use Hurricane again, I would let the tackiness reduce because I can see there is value in light tack. I doubt that national.H3 has zero tack, it is probably more like 09c.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yeah you’re right, H3 Nat has a little more tackiness than D09C, regular H3 is very tacky in comparison. And slower.
Thats if the 2 sheets of H3 Nat I have are real !!!, purchased from renowned and trusted British dealer. They play better with time, especially as I don’t boost them.