New Butterfly Rubber Aibis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Read 1 reviews
Butterfly Japan just in: Aibis rubber https://www.butterfly.co.jp/products/detail/06080.html

So I was just browsing Butterfly Japan site as you do and saw this new rubber. Anyone heard about it? Zeio?

It has an interesting sponge colour. My google translation is not great so not sure what it's saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Knew about the name but didn't know it was a tacky rubber.

Treat it as a green tacky Rozena as they sell for the same price in Japan.

Jan 2018
It uses Spring Sponge instead of Spring Sponge X. Spiritual successor to Spinart at 48 degrees?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Manufacturing Details:
Speed: 10.5
Spin: 11

According to the BTY numbers it is significantly less speed and spin then Tenergy/Dignics Families.
Also the price point put it in the range of the Rozena branch.

So in my eyes it's the Rozena Version of Dignics 09c altough the 50 Hardness is a lot more.

How can a 50 degree rubber be so much slower ?

Jan 2018
At ¥198 in China, this is gonna be interesting. I read that DHS had another hike price in place just a few weeks ago...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
*** Here we go again with the rabid excited fanboyz equipment discussion frenzy ***

Thread not even 10 hrs old and has a dozen comments.. and the OWNER of TTD can't even get ONE COMMENT in an interview in the first 12 hours on one of his threads. This is a very frequent occurrence on TT forums.

Sending out the Goon Squad would only make matters worse just to fill the side walks with protesters wielding signs saying "Gimme Tenergy for life or ELSE !!"

Facts and empirical evidence speak volumes.

Jan 2018
Manufacturing Details:

According to the BTY numbers it is significantly less speed and spin then Tenergy/Dignics Families.
Also the price point put it in the range of the Rozena branch.

So in my eyes it's the Rozena Version of Dignics 09c altough the 50 Hardness is a lot more.

How can a 50 degree rubber be so much slower ?

The devil is in the detail?

Strictly speaking, it isn't Spring Sponge but "a hard sponge utilizing the manufacturing technology of Spring Sponge." Therefore, unlike Rozena, Aibiss isn't listed under the categories of "High Tension" and "Spring Sponge".

Exploitation of cognitive bias at its best. Another decoy to get people hooked. Want more speed? Bling-bling - D09C!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Bty NA has a slightly different translation. High throw, much spin little speed, sounds intriguing to me. For $40 I'll try it. My local club owner and bty/joola dealer needs all the help he can get right now anyway.

Aibiss rubber is a high-friction rubber which balances the characteristics of a friction rubber and more traditional high quality Butterfly rubber sheets. A specialized top sheet with a pimple shape which enables heavy spin has been combined with a hard sponge; this results in high speed as well as devastating spin potential thanks to the applied technology of the very firm Spring Sponge. Aibiss, with heavy spin and a high throw angle, is recommended for the player who aims at making the best use of the characteristics of a friction rubber, especially one using precise technique on the table and counter attacking play.

BRAND NEW high-friction rubber with the hardest Spring Sponge (50!) ever produced for the public
Controllable speed with as much spin as Dignics 64, all with a higher throw angle which gives more margin over the net.

Perfect for the counterattacking player that values precision and heavy-spin play.

Pairs best with Lin Gaoyuan ALC, Timo Boll ZLC, Mazunov, Mizutani Jun Super ZLC, and other Butterfly blades
Butterfly Free Chack II table tennis glue recommended when assembling Spring Sponge table tennis rubber

SPECIFICATIONS:

Class: High-Friction Pimples-in
Surface: Inverted
Density: 50
Made in Japan

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I didn't go full retard though, not buying free chack and an MJ SZLC. Either Aibiss works with donic vario on an acoustic carbon or it goes in the trash.

So per butterfly recommendation mine isn't really a fair test.