Three Table Tennis Books Out

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Three table tennis books have come out in the last few weeks. Here they are!!!

Winning Table Tennis, by Dan Seemiller and Mark Holowchak
Winning Table Tennis is back! This is a reprinting of the best-selling table tennis book from 1997. Whether you're a competitive tournament player or a serious recreational player, Winning Table Tennis: Skills, Drills, and Strategies will help you improve your game. Dan Seemiller, 5-time U.S. singles, 12-time doubles champion, and long-time US Men's Team Coach, shows you all the shots and strategies for top-level play. It's also a perfect companion piece to Seemiller's autobiography, Revelations of a Ping-Pong Champion. Learn from the champ AND learn about the champ!

Still More Table Tennis Tips, by Larry Hodges
Still More Table Tennis Tips, the latest book by USATT Hall of Famer Larry Hodges, is now on sale at Amazon, in both print and kindle. It includes 150 Tips of the Week that he wrote from 2017 to the present at TableTennisCoaching.com, organized in logical order and progression, with much of the wording updated and cleaned up. It's the third in the series, after Table Tennis Tips and More Table Tennis Tips.

Why Table Tennis? 10 Aspects of the Sport That Will Change Your Life, by Samson Dubina, Jacob Boyd, and Sarah Jalli
Why Table Tennis is out! The Olympic sport of table tennis is well respected worldwide for the dexterity of the athletes, the speed of the rallies, and the excitement of watching players of all ages and nationalities compete for world titles. Here in the US, very little is known about table tennis… Until Now! Why Table Tennis takes you on a one-hour journey where you will explore the vastness of the sport, understand how it is healthy for the mind and body, how it has impacted world history, and why it can impact your life too!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Cheers for book updates. There arent anywhere near enough books available on the subject of table tennis. Too many instructional books and not enough biographies, history or general interest books. Can't recall the last non instructional book to be published?
How about "The Spirit of Pong"? A fantasy table tennis novel!
https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Pong-Larry-Hodges/dp/1512117080/
"Andy 'Shoes' Blue wants to be a table tennis champion, but he’s just another wannabe American. And so he goes to China to learn the secrets of table tennis. He is trained by the mysterious Coach Wang, and begins an odyssey where he learns the secrets of table tennis from the spirits of Ichiro Ogimura (who helped spawn China’s greatness), Rong Guotuan (China’s first world champion in 1959, whose tragic story Andy must relive), and others, and must face the mysterious 'Dragon.' Can he overcome treachery and learn the final secret of table tennis in time to defeat his ultimate nemesis?"​
-Larry Hodges

Last edited:
This user has no status.

How about "The Spirit of Pong"? A fantasy table tennis novel!
https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Pong-Larry-Hodges/dp/1512117080/
"Andy 'Shoes' Blue wants to be a table tennis champion, but he’s just another wannabe American. And so he goes to China to learn the secrets of table tennis. He is trained by the mysterious Coach Wang, and begins an odyssey where he learns the secrets of table tennis from the spirits of Ichiro Ogimura (who helped spawn China’s greatness), Rong Guotuan (China’s first world champion in 1959, whose tragic story Andy must relive), and others, and must face the mysterious 'Dragon.' Can he overcome treachery and learn the final secret of table tennis in time to defeat his ultimate nemesis?"​
-Larry Hodges

Yes I did purchase that book which I presume is by yourself @larrytt ?I really liked it and it was a good fun read.When is the next one out?

This user has no status.
I spotted another new book at the weekend which is called "Ping" and is written by Englishman Graham Frankel. It is described as his own personal perspective on table tennis and is exactly the kind of book I feel is needed on table tennis. I have ordered my copy and will report back when I have read it. Really looking foward to this one.I do recall being exited to read "The Metaphysics of Ping Pong" by Guido Mina di Sospiro only to be a little disappointed on reading it. I am confident I will not be similarly disappointed with Mr Franklin's book!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08C7DV88B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
>Yes I did purchase that book which I presume is by yourself @larrytt ?I really liked it and it was a good fun read.When is the next one out?

Glad you liked it! Alas, I haven't written a sequel.

>I spotted another new book at the weekend which is called "Ping" and is written by Englishman Graham Frankel.

Great book. I reviewed it in my blog yesterday - see fourth segment.
http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/node/3191
-Larry Hodges

This user has no status.
>Yes I did purchase that book which I presume is by yourself @larrytt ?I really liked it and it was a good fun read.When is the next one out?

Glad you liked it! Alas, I haven't written a sequel.

>I spotted another new book at the weekend which is called "Ping" and is written by Englishman Graham Frankel.

Great book. I reviewed it in my blog yesterday - see fourth segment.
http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/node/3191
-Larry Hodges
Very complimentary post for Graham! I am sure he will be very humbled to receive such a great review from such a well respected TT person.
TT Tactics for Thinkers is an excellent read too and I often read it the night before league games. I find the chapters on playing unusual styles to be particularly helpful.
Would be fantastic to hear your own thoughts on TT through the ages in book form.

This user has no status.
Just finished the book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like the way the author intertwined his own life with major events in World Table Tennis.Some very thought provoking discussions around rubber and also the balls. I feel the author really doesn't like the "funny" rubbers which I must say I agreee with. My only critiscism is that it was too short! i would rather have read this for another few nights. Book 2 soon please Mr Frankel?

Reactions: larrytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
Three table tennis books have come out in the last few weeks. Here they are!!!

Winning Table Tennis, by Dan Seemiller and Mark Holowchak
Winning Table Tennis is back! This is a reprinting of the best-selling table tennis book from 1997. Whether you're a competitive tournament player or a serious recreational player, Winning Table Tennis: Skills, Drills, and Strategies will help you improve your game. Dan Seemiller, 5-time U.S. singles, 12-time doubles champion, and long-time US Men's Team Coach, shows you all the shots and strategies for top-level play. It's also a perfect companion piece to Seemiller's autobiography, Revelations of a Ping-Pong Champion. Learn from the champ AND learn about the champ!

Still More Table Tennis Tips, by Larry Hodges
Still More Table Tennis Tips, the latest book by USATT Hall of Famer Larry Hodges, is now on sale at Amazon, in both print and kindle. It includes 150 Tips of the Week that he wrote from 2017 to the present at TableTennisCoaching.com, organized in logical order and progression, with much of the wording updated and cleaned up. It's the third in the series, after Table Tennis Tips and More Table Tennis Tips.

Why Table Tennis? 10 Aspects of the Sport That Will Change Your Life, by Samson Dubina, Jacob Boyd, and Sarah Jalli
Why Table Tennis is out! The Olympic sport of table tennis is well respected worldwide for the dexterity of the athletes, the speed of the rallies, and the excitement of watching players of all ages and nationalities compete for world titles. Here in the US, very little is known about table tennis… Until Now! Why Table Tennis takes you on a one-hour journey where you will explore the vastness of the sport, understand how it is healthy for the mind and body, how it has impacted world history, and why it can impact your life too!!!

Thank you very much for sharing the information. It seems to me that it is very important to allocate money in order to develop education, so that students and higher educational institutions feel good and can allow them to expand their technical base and improve teaching methods. On the site https://blablawriting.net/ I have read several useful articles on funding education, education in general. I advise you to stop by and read them as well.

Last edited: