Stiga Pro Carbon - where to go from here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Hi all,

New to the forum. I've been playing table tennis for a good while and am average enough for a basement player. I've been using the Stiga Pro Carbon with the standard S5 rubbers for the past 6 months or so. The rubbers have started to lose their tackiness, and I'm ready to upgrade. My questions are: can i continue to use this blade and just upgrade the rubbers? Is there a downside to that? Is there another reasonably priced comparable blade? Because the Pro Carbon is the best paddle i've ever used by a wide margin, i have no idea what direction to go in an upgrade. I play a fairly attacking topspin game and use a variety of backspin/topspin serves---so I enjoy the speed of the Pro Carbon, but want something that can help me generate plenty of spin too. Also, of course, i can't break the bank here. I'd like to keep my total expenditure under $100.

Any thoughts?
Hunter

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
It is a premade paddle so you probably have a hard time being able to smoothly remove the rubbers and replace them. For paddles that have been assembled with proper table tennis glue, this process is easy and done frequently, but premade paddles such as the Pro Carbon are not meant to be taken apart. However, worry not because you there are plenty of blades out there that would perform similar and you'd be able to adjust to the differences after a short period.

Well...
Is this the pre-made bat with the balsa wood?
I'm really not a fan of balsa and especially if it is used by starting players... Balsa has a really distinctive character which might drive you into not so optimal stroke execution... I have witnessed this as a coach and now first hand with a teammate...
I would recommend you something totally different which will feel for you completely garbage. But if you plan on getting really better, you have to work through it for at least half a year with a really good coach.
I would suggest Stiga Allround Classic with something like Yasaka Mark V or if you want something down the line like Xiom Vega Intro for fh and Andro Hexer Duro for bh. If you can get them where you're living, Gewo NeoFlexx 48 for fh and 45 for bh should also work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I'd honestly go on Aliexpress and just buy a Yinhe pre-made just so you have a feeling of what non-balsa blade and decent rubber is like. They'll cost under 20 dollars and will last you at least a year. Then maybe upgrade to a well known 5 ply blade like the Yasaka Sweden Extra and slap any two decent rubbers on it.

Search "Yinhe racket" in Aliexpress and it'll come with a case as well.

edit, link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000600073768.html

Last edited: