How do I clean my racket?

This user has no status.
Hi!

I'm not sure what is the best way to clean sweat and other dirt from my table tennis blade, mostly handle.

I even have a little bit of blood on my handle since I cut myself by accident and didn't notice on the practice. It just won't come off with water.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I put varnish on the blades before attaching the rubber (in my case WalMart MinWax). This way I can clean the racket with dish soap, H2O2, whatever, since the wood repels water. This probably helps during Covid-19 times. I am cleaning my racket after each practice these days.

Reactions: h117
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Make a paste with Oxyclean. Haven't found anything better.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The residue of sweat and blood should be a badge of honor that your blade wears to show it has gone into battle with you. Do not clean it off. You blade will resent you and turn on you.

Battle scars are the best way for your blade to bond with you and give you more of its soul while you are playing.

A dirty, sweat stained, blood stained, dinged up blade with bumps and bruises from battle is a sign that you are a table tennis warrior and that your blade and you fight the good fight. I don't think you want to disparage your weapon of choice in that manner.

IMG_2517.jpgIMG_2779.jpgIMG_2780.jpgIMG_2781.jpgIMG_2782.jpgIMG_2783.jpgIMG_2784.jpgIMG_2785.jpg

Let your battle worn weapon wear those scars with pride. :)

If you wanted extra battle scars, you could let me or Der_Echte borrow the blade for a week or three. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Simas
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You don't need anything to clean your rubbers other than some humidity (breathe on your sponge) and your hand! Or if you want to get it really clean use a clean microfibre cloth, but the pros all just use their hand and breath. Nothing fancy required.

He is asking about cleaning sweat stains and blood off his blade, so, cleaning the wood. Not his rubbers.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But he would only lick it clean! It seems that he licks everything: knives, scissors, blades:)

I wouldn't send my blade to Der_ for cleaning. But if you want it dinged a bit, massive sweat stains, some blood, if you wanted it to look like it had really been through the wars, then there is nobody better than Der_ for that. Heck, if he just put it in his ruck sack and carried it around for a week it would look 6 months to a year older.

And if a little bit of that bear sweat gets on the rubbers when he cleans them, it will feel like they were boosted with the super-special, secret Haifu National Booster that nobody can get their hands on. It has been documented that Der_'s sweat makes Sriver outperform Dignics09c for at least a month and a half. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It is no secret at all that blades do not last as long with Der_Echte using it. If the table doesn't find it (happened last tourney) the sweat will soften the neck and within a year will crack there.

It is also not a secret that I wipe my rubbers on the sweaty jerey, wave it around abit, toss it in the case and call it finished.

I sometimes restore an extrordinarily dirty rubber with lemon juice and olive oil... you, a juicy rubber.

Carl thinks that bear sweat is the way to go, I do too, for good reasons. A wipe with that stuff and NOTHING will will remain alive on that topsheet to eat it up.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl