• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 97
    1. Top | #1
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

      Xiom rubber specifications

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xiom Rubbers.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	21572
      Trying to decide on which Xiom rubbers to buy but I am finding the published specifications on their website difficult to understand. This is exacerbated by the fact that the newly developed rubbers for the plastic ball do not appear to be of significant improvement over their old counterparts. I have attached their visual specifications converted into numbers. I did this by superimposing their diagrams onto a common grid to achieve the numerical comparison.
      Is it possible that the seemingly good figures for the old rubbers are for when they were evaluated with the old ball? It seems strange that Xiom would publish these specifications in that way if they want to sell the new rubbers!



    2. Top | #2
      Kuba Hajto is offline
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A cardboard Viscaria special
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      594
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 203 Times in 151 Posts
      dont bother with numbers. Only meaningful number that represents a rubber I found is hardness. Everything else is purely personal.

    3. The Following 3 Users Like Kuba Hajto's Post:

      KM1976 (06-27-2020),sampletext (06-27-2020),UpSideDownCarl (06-29-2020)

    4. Top | #3
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      dont bother with numbers. Only meaningful number that represents a rubber I found is hardness. Everything else is purely personal.
      The problem is that if you don't have access to the various rubbers to try, and you don't have loads of money to buy lots of different rubbers to try out, you need something to help you chose a rubber that is right first time.

    5. Top | #4
      Kuba Hajto is offline
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A cardboard Viscaria special
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      594
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 203 Times in 151 Posts
      If you train in a club that shouldn't be a problem. I think if you state what kind of rubber you want. Kind people will probably give you a suggestion what MIGHT be what you want and what to look out for.

      Personally I like Vega X on BH an China on FH, but that's personal preference.

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

    6. Top | #5
      darkmoor1 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Slovak Republic

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS PG9
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro.Selected/Yinhe Jupiter 2
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe Jupiter 2/Nittaku Fastarc G-1

      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
      Even the hardness there is not an attribute to follow with these rubber, only perhaps within the same line of rubbers, and there are still exceptions. Xiom has IMHO the most confusing marketing sideas in the market when it comes to rubbers.

    7. Top | #6
      Kuba Hajto is offline
      says A really witty and smart
      status should be here...
      Couldn't came up with one
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland

      Equipment:
      Blade A cardboard Viscaria special
      Forehand Rubber A tacky chinese stuff, Scrubplayer considers garbage
      Backhand Rubber A bouncy one

      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      594
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 203 Times in 151 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by darkmoor1 View Post
      Even the hardness there is not an attribute to follow with these rubber, only perhaps within the same line of rubbers, and there are still exceptions. Xiom has IMHO the most confusing marketing sideas in the market when it comes to rubbers.
      Agreed. When comparing hardness make sure, you are comparing same type of rubber and same hardness scale.

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

    8. Top | #7
      darkmoor1 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Slovak Republic

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS PG9
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro.Selected/Yinhe Jupiter 2
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe Jupiter 2/Nittaku Fastarc G-1

      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
      Besides, ther new lines of rubbers are quite an improvement especially in the speed department. For instance, the older Omega V line works well with the plastic ball but you can notice the significant loss of speed (besides spin, of course.) Moreover, the top line products by XIOM introduced really powerful rubbers whose performance outshines their older brothers in the celluloid era.

    9. Top | #8
      darkmoor1 is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: Slovak Republic

      Equipment:
      Blade DHS PG9
      Forehand Rubber Kokutaku 007 Pro.Selected/Yinhe Jupiter 2
      Backhand Rubber Yinhe Jupiter 2/Nittaku Fastarc G-1

      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Posts
      111
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto View Post
      Agreed. When comparing hardness make sure, you are comparing same type of rubber and same hardness scale.

      Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka
      Still tricky, as, for example, you have Omega V Pro and Omega V Tour. Same hardness, same kind of sponge, and the only difference is the topsheet hardness where it is softer on OVPro.
      BUT - then, Omega V Asia, which comes with harder sponge, still feels softwr and with somewhat more feeling (my personal experience) than OVTour, while it should be the opposite, right? However, the throw is significantly lower compared to Tour or Pro. Pretty much perplexing, isn't it.

      But anywho, the GOLDEN RULE, the one i believe the vast majority of the folks here will agree with, is that you need keep using a rubber you get for some serious time before you can say it is surely not good for you and you need something different, else you can slide into the very abyss of EJ-ing.

    10. The Following User Likes darkmoor1's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (06-29-2020)

    11. Top | #9
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      I am inclined to think that the Omega range might be a little too advanced for me so I am looking a Vega Euro, Vega Pro, Vega Japan etc but nobody I know uses them for me to try.

    12. Top | #10
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Maybe that is why I don't know anyone using Xiom rubbers!
      What I am looking for is for an intermediate level topspin game: a forehand rubber with a speed equivalent to say Revspin level 9, or maybe a little less, (like for example Victas VS>402 Double Extra) with the priority being as maximum spin possible and with as much control available for the short touch game. Then I need a suitable backhand rubber to match. Maybe the same rubber at MAX on the forehand and 2mm on the backhand would do the job?

    13. Top | #11
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      768
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 166 Times in 140 Posts
      okay I can help but maybe a lot of people tell me that im not reliable but I don't have contract, money from xiom and xiom don't even try to send me blade for testing and Im the biggest EJ here, pitiful
      here we go again
      Xiom lacks spin in this section
      if rubber is not spin sensitive you will get more control
      speed, for me this is not for judge. You can buy 2,2 2,0 1,8 but they are lil bit tricky in sponge hardness, topsheet hardness and it will give you more catapult but there is no super extra spin , so it is fast rubber but you can still buy Elite version of their products- the softest one or 1,8 sponge.
      Good Products
      Vega series
      Omega IV
      Omega V
      Omega VII
      Vega: Vega Pro is 60% of Tenergy but this is the very good 60% - durability if you sweating a lot.... forget about this rubber, you will like overhigh throw, but if you sweat, ball will be slipping. Cheap and its OK
      Vega Euro- very good rubber, topsheet is not the best part of this rubber but you can love this springiness for 24 euro. BTW this is not BH rubber.
      Asia- I don't know my friend like it but I didnt have chance to play with this rubber
      Japan- very good control, not too much spin on slow stroke, very good quality of rubber
      Elite- I don't know
      Intro- I dont know
      China I don't know
      X- fast, flat long trajectory perfect durability, very fast, good grip, nice feeling but too fast but you can buy some super hard blade Galaxia Carbon, Dynamix Max Carbon 3D, Stiga Hybrid WOOD or Ovtcharov Carbospeed and put 3 layers Falco Booster long on X , I think you will get the speed of gods

      Tour- I enjoyed 2.0 on Layer ALC, topsheet is not perfect, good dwell time, high throw, I called that rubber softer Tenergy 05 fx, good spin
      Omega IV I had only Pro and Euro in hand and maybe I want to play with ASIA, but xiom don't care
      Pro was decent+ but I don't like throw,
      Euro was decent.
      Elite Asia- I don't know I don't remember
      Omega V
      Tour- perfect, in every shots.
      Pro- perfect and softer and not bricky as Vega Pro but topsheet was dying after 1 month big dissapointment but maybe bad batch, not spinny but this is very fun rubber to play. This is replacement for 05 fx but less spin and not the same out of mind kick
      Euro- Okay, I was not fan.
      Asia- very good, but hard and I was not fan
      Omega 7
      Euro, thrash but durability is like made in Italy by Swiss guys from watches
      Pro, decent - but thrash is ok word, durability is on another level
      Asia - very good. short time on blade but I liked
      Tour- not my cup of tea but more good than bad

      Xiom in short reviews.
      If you need Backhand rubber (good option because it can be light, fast, not spin sensitive, with different throw and hardness) you can really buy Xiom rubber on backhand except vega euro
      Forehand- nah. maybe Tour version

    14. The Following User Likes Konrad Bak's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (06-29-2020)

    15. Top | #12
      40+ is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Vietnam

      Equipment:
      Blade Tsp Swat Power
      Forehand Rubber Victas V>15 Extra
      Backhand Rubber Victas V>15 Limber

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Posts
      1
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Hi Konrad, do you mind elaborating on Vega Euro not being a BH rubber?

    16. Top | #13
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak View Post
      okay I can help but maybe a lot of people tell me that im not reliable but I don't have contract, money from xiom and xiom don't even try to send me blade for testing and Im the biggest EJ here, pitiful
      here we go again
      Xiom lacks spin in this section
      if rubber is not spin sensitive you will get more control
      speed, for me this is not for judge. You can buy 2,2 2,0 1,8 but they are lil bit tricky in sponge hardness, topsheet hardness and it will give you more catapult but there is no super extra spin , so it is fast rubber but you can still buy Elite version of their products- the softest one or 1,8 sponge.
      Good Products
      Vega series
      Omega IV
      Omega V
      Omega VII
      Vega: Vega Pro is 60% of Tenergy but this is the very good 60% - durability if you sweating a lot.... forget about this rubber, you will like overhigh throw, but if you sweat, ball will be slipping. Cheap and its OK
      Vega Euro- very good rubber, topsheet is not the best part of this rubber but you can love this springiness for 24 euro. BTW this is not BH rubber.
      Asia- I don't know my friend like it but I didnt have chance to play with this rubber
      Japan- very good control, not too much spin on slow stroke, very good quality of rubber
      Elite- I don't know
      Intro- I dont know
      China I don't know
      X- fast, flat long trajectory perfect durability, very fast, good grip, nice feeling but too fast but you can buy some super hard blade Galaxia Carbon, Dynamix Max Carbon 3D, Stiga Hybrid WOOD or Ovtcharov Carbospeed and put 3 layers Falco Booster long on X , I think you will get the speed of gods

      Tour- I enjoyed 2.0 on Layer ALC, topsheet is not perfect, good dwell time, high throw, I called that rubber softer Tenergy 05 fx, good spin
      Omega IV I had only Pro and Euro in hand and maybe I want to play with ASIA, but xiom don't care
      Pro was decent+ but I don't like throw,
      Euro was decent.
      Elite Asia- I don't know I don't remember
      Omega V
      Tour- perfect, in every shots.
      Pro- perfect and softer and not bricky as Vega Pro but topsheet was dying after 1 month big dissapointment but maybe bad batch, not spinny but this is very fun rubber to play. This is replacement for 05 fx but less spin and not the same out of mind kick
      Euro- Okay, I was not fan.
      Asia- very good, but hard and I was not fan
      Omega 7
      Euro, thrash but durability is like made in Italy by Swiss guys from watches
      Pro, decent - but thrash is ok word, durability is on another level
      Asia - very good. short time on blade but I liked
      Tour- not my cup of tea but more good than bad

      Xiom in short reviews.
      If you need Backhand rubber (good option because it can be light, fast, not spin sensitive, with different throw and hardness) you can really buy Xiom rubber on backhand except vega euro
      Forehand- nah. maybe Tour version
      Hello Konrad
      Thank you for taking the time to send a comprehensive review of your findings, especially as English is not your native language. I for one very much respect your opinions and always read your comments which I believe are well intentioned in order to help as many people as possible. Some people may not agree with your findings but we don't always necessarily agree in life. Good intentions are priceless in my opinion.
      I will concentrate on reading your notes in greater detail and reply to you, probably with further questions. I can continue using PM if you would prefer.
      I am not fixated on Xiom rubbers particularly. I just want to achieve a short cut to find suitable rubbers for the type of play previously described, suitable for a middle of the road intermediate player trying to improve. Mainly looking for moderate speed, maximum spin with the most control possible with those two characteristics. I don't mind paying top dollar provided that I don't need to keep buying different rubbers to achieve my objective.
      Back soon!

    17. Top | #14
      scrubplayer is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      May 2018
      Posts
      83
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
      Guys just dont waste time on xiom rubbers. Buy the bty, stick with it. It will save you money in the long run. Xiom rubbers lack gears.

    18. Top | #15
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      768
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 166 Times in 140 Posts
      You cant buy moderate speed, maximum spin with most control possible.
      Everything will be too fast or with too much spin and without control.
      My first choice from description is
      Hurricane 3 neo on forehand
      On backhand andro impuls powersponge, Stiga Airoc M, Mark V HPS
      Sriver, Donic Vario Soft
      But if I want choose xiom rubbers... I dont know what is the most control rubber with maximum spin..
      I forget about xiom vega asia df
      Xiom vega asia df is maybe everything whatcha need but on harder slow blade
      this is good rubber to slowdown your
      Beast zelebro, agon superzlc or other zlc blade but it has very good grip, nice spin and this is good rubber on backhand and maybe too soft on forehand side
      Xiom Sigma 2 pro and Euro- thrash..
      Sponge weights a ton.

      Xiom vega euro -bh rubber
      Throw is not linear, the ball is gripped by topsheet sometimes high and low in the same situation.
      You cant get maximum spin on bh
      Springiness, gives you not linear speed
      Easier to moderate your stroke on forehand. This tension of rubber will give you more pleasure on forehand side.
      I had it on Tibhar SPW, I sold my best of the best SPW after I find this blade is not playing well with vega euro on backhand side.I had stupid manner to change blades because someone said that this rubber is for backhand and if dont play good on backhand I sell my blade after that, so this is the reason Why I tested 350-400 blades and dont have time to put pressure on my english grammar....
      I had Viscaria (R 85 grams from Polish National Champion, flex was unforgettable)
      I put it on forehand side, I twiddle sometimes, on backhand side I find that I couldnt put the same rotation pressure, I didnt have shots with the same fire like I had on fh side.
      Last edited by Konrad Bak; 06-28-2020 at 11:48 AM.

    19. Top | #16
      Konrad Bak is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Poland


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      768
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 166 Times in 140 Posts
      And please dont send me pm or dm, because Im not expert, I wont help you, if you need better information Dan the ceo of ttd has bigger knowledge and a lot of guys here have more passion and happiness to have time and be patient for everyone.
      I dont get anything from anyone so this is the worst idea to put pressure on me and ask about something that is hard to understand until you own the same knowledge.
      If you get the same amount of EJ friends, you dont want respond on messages and take responsibility for random guy on internet.

    20. The Following User Likes Konrad Bak's Post:

      UpSideDownCarl (06-29-2020)

    21. Top | #17
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Konrad Bak View Post
      And please dont send me pm or dm, because Im not expert, I wont help you, if you need better information Dan the ceo of ttd has bigger knowledge and a lot of guys here have more passion and happiness to have time and be patient for everyone.
      I dont get anything from anyone so this is the worst idea to put pressure on me and ask about something that is hard to understand until you own the same knowledge.
      If you get the same amount of EJ friends, you dont want respond on messages and take responsibility for random guy on internet.
      Thanks Konrad. I appreciate what you have said and did not intend to put any pressure on you. It is of value to me to hear the opinion of someone like you that has tried so many setups. I realise that what you have said is subjective and refers only to your experiences with the various rubbers and may not therefore be the same for me.

      Just for your information I will be using and Innerforce layer ALC type of blade (not Butterfly) and I am particularly interested in looking further into Hurricane Neo 3 and Andro Impuls Powersponge rubbers which both look very promising. I hope that you think that the blade I have would be a suitable basis for these rubbers.

    22. Top | #18
      lasta is online now
      says This user has status.
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Canada
      lasta's Avatar

      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      784
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 432 Times in 277 Posts
      I actually like Xiom's approach of listing directly comparable specs. If truthful, its a lot more informative than most subjective reviews online.

    23. Top | #19
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
      I actually like Xiom's approach of listing directly comparable specs. If truthful, its a lot more informative than most subjective reviews online.
      Hello Lasta. Would you therefore be able to answer my original questions in this post please?

    24. Top | #20
      Bazza is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      This user has been banned. Country: UK

      Equipment:
      Blade JOOLA Aruna OFF
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution EL-S
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution FX-S

      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Suffolk, UK
      Posts
      30
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
      Andro Impuls Powersponge doesn't appear to be available in the UK. Is Andro Rasanter R42 a suitable replacement for it?

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP