Xiom rubber specifications

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jun 2020
Xiom Rubbers.jpg
Trying to decide on which Xiom rubbers to buy but I am finding the published specifications on their website difficult to understand. This is exacerbated by the fact that the newly developed rubbers for the plastic ball do not appear to be of significant improvement over their old counterparts. I have attached their visual specifications converted into numbers. I did this by superimposing their diagrams onto a common grid to achieve the numerical comparison.
Is it possible that the seemingly good figures for the old rubbers are for when they were evaluated with the old ball? It seems strange that Xiom would publish these specifications in that way if they want to sell the new rubbers!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
dont bother with numbers. Only meaningful number that represents a rubber I found is hardness. Everything else is purely personal.

The problem is that if you don't have access to the various rubbers to try, and you don't have loads of money to buy lots of different rubbers to try out, you need something to help you chose a rubber that is right first time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
If you train in a club that shouldn't be a problem. I think if you state what kind of rubber you want. Kind people will probably give you a suggestion what MIGHT be what you want and what to look out for.

Personally I like Vega X on BH an China on FH, but that's personal preference.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Even the hardness there is not an attribute to follow with these rubber, only perhaps within the same line of rubbers, and there are still exceptions. Xiom has IMHO the most confusing marketing sideas in the market when it comes to rubbers.
Agreed. When comparing hardness make sure, you are comparing same type of rubber and same hardness scale.

Besides, ther new lines of rubbers are quite an improvement especially in the speed department. For instance, the older Omega V line works well with the plastic ball but you can notice the significant loss of speed (besides spin, of course.) Moreover, the top line products by XIOM introduced really powerful rubbers whose performance outshines their older brothers in the celluloid era.

Agreed. When comparing hardness make sure, you are comparing same type of rubber and same hardness scale.

Still tricky, as, for example, you have Omega V Pro and Omega V Tour. Same hardness, same kind of sponge, and the only difference is the topsheet hardness where it is softer on OVPro.
BUT - then, Omega V Asia, which comes with harder sponge, still feels softwr and with somewhat more feeling (my personal experience) than OVTour, while it should be the opposite, right? However, the throw is significantly lower compared to Tour or Pro. Pretty much perplexing, isn't it.

But anywho, the GOLDEN RULE, the one i believe the vast majority of the folks here will agree with, is that you need keep using a rubber you get for some serious time before you can say it is surely not good for you and you need something different, else you can slide into the very abyss of EJ-ing.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Maybe that is why I don't know anyone using Xiom rubbers!
What I am looking for is for an intermediate level topspin game: a forehand rubber with a speed equivalent to say Revspin level 9, or maybe a little less, (like for example Victas VS>402 Double Extra) with the priority being as maximum spin possible and with as much control available for the short touch game. Then I need a suitable backhand rubber to match. Maybe the same rubber at MAX on the forehand and 2mm on the backhand would do the job?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
okay I can help but maybe a lot of people tell me that im not reliable but I don't have contract, money from xiom and xiom don't even try to send me blade for testing and Im the biggest EJ here, pitiful
here we go again
Xiom lacks spin in this section
if rubber is not spin sensitive you will get more control
speed, for me this is not for judge. You can buy 2,2 2,0 1,8 but they are lil bit tricky in sponge hardness, topsheet hardness and it will give you more catapult but there is no super extra spin , so it is fast rubber but you can still buy Elite version of their products- the softest one or 1,8 sponge.
Good Products
Vega series
Omega IV
Omega V
Omega VII
Vega: Vega Pro is 60% of Tenergy but this is the very good 60% - durability if you sweating a lot.... forget about this rubber, you will like overhigh throw, but if you sweat, ball will be slipping. Cheap and its OK
Vega Euro- very good rubber, topsheet is not the best part of this rubber but you can love this springiness for 24 euro. BTW this is not BH rubber.
Asia- I don't know my friend like it but I didnt have chance to play with this rubber
Japan- very good control, not too much spin on slow stroke, very good quality of rubber
Elite- I don't know
Intro- I dont know
China I don't know
X- fast, flat long trajectory perfect durability, very fast, good grip, nice feeling but too fast but you can buy some super hard blade Galaxia Carbon, Dynamix Max Carbon 3D, Stiga Hybrid WOOD or Ovtcharov Carbospeed and put 3 layers Falco Booster long on X , I think you will get the speed of gods

Tour- I enjoyed 2.0 on Layer ALC, topsheet is not perfect, good dwell time, high throw, I called that rubber softer Tenergy 05 fx, good spin
Omega IV I had only Pro and Euro in hand and maybe I want to play with ASIA, but xiom don't care
Pro was decent+ but I don't like throw,
Euro was decent.
Elite Asia- I don't know I don't remember
Omega V
Tour- perfect, in every shots.
Pro- perfect and softer and not bricky as Vega Pro but topsheet was dying after 1 month :( big dissapointment but maybe bad batch, not spinny but this is very fun rubber to play. This is replacement for 05 fx but less spin and not the same out of mind kick
Euro- Okay, I was not fan.
Asia- very good, but hard and I was not fan
Omega 7
Euro, thrash but durability is like made in Italy by Swiss guys from watches
Pro, decent - but thrash is ok word, durability is on another level
Asia - very good. short time on blade but I liked
Tour- not my cup of tea but more good than bad

Xiom in short reviews.
If you need Backhand rubber (good option because it can be light, fast, not spin sensitive, with different throw and hardness) you can really buy Xiom rubber on backhand except vega euro
Forehand- nah. maybe Tour version

Hello Konrad
Thank you for taking the time to send a comprehensive review of your findings, especially as English is not your native language. I for one very much respect your opinions and always read your comments which I believe are well intentioned in order to help as many people as possible. Some people may not agree with your findings but we don't always necessarily agree in life. Good intentions are priceless in my opinion.
I will concentrate on reading your notes in greater detail and reply to you, probably with further questions. I can continue using PM if you would prefer.
I am not fixated on Xiom rubbers particularly. I just want to achieve a short cut to find suitable rubbers for the type of play previously described, suitable for a middle of the road intermediate player trying to improve. Mainly looking for moderate speed, maximum spin with the most control possible with those two characteristics. I don't mind paying top dollar provided that I don't need to keep buying different rubbers to achieve my objective.
Back soon!

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Guys just dont waste time on xiom rubbers. Buy the bty, stick with it. It will save you money in the long run. Xiom rubbers lack gears.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
And please dont send me pm or dm, because Im not expert, I wont help you, if you need better information Dan the ceo of ttd has bigger knowledge and a lot of guys here have more passion and happiness to have time and be patient for everyone.
I dont get anything from anyone so this is the worst idea to put pressure on me and ask about something that is hard to understand until you own the same knowledge.
If you get the same amount of EJ friends, you dont want respond on messages and take responsibility for random guy on internet.

Thanks Konrad. I appreciate what you have said and did not intend to put any pressure on you. It is of value to me to hear the opinion of someone like you that has tried so many setups. I realise that what you have said is subjective and refers only to your experiences with the various rubbers and may not therefore be the same for me.

Just for your information I will be using and Innerforce layer ALC type of blade (not Butterfly) and I am particularly interested in looking further into Hurricane Neo 3 and Andro Impuls Powersponge rubbers which both look very promising. I hope that you think that the blade I have would be a suitable basis for these rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I actually like Xiom's approach of listing directly comparable specs. If truthful, its a lot more informative than most subjective reviews online.