Xiom rubber specifications

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I'm 100% correct. Name me a xiom rubber, i'll name u a bty counter part that's better.

Get a goon squad here, we have Butterfly warrior here. Someone likes Xiom rubbers, some people like Xiom rubbers, some people prefer Donic rubbers some swear only by the Butterfly. What's wrong with diversity...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
When it comes to a rubber that meets your requirements it reminds me of Donic Bluefire M2, especially after booster wore off. I am no expert but since you want to take other options into consideration that might be a nice option. Also Andro Hexer Powergrip, check Dan review about it. I only played with hexer for a few exercises on the training so my experience is limited but it seems to fill the need. Do your own research & testing over it.

Reactions: Bazza
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Name me a xiom rubber i'll name you the gear it lacks and on top of that i'll name you a bty rubber counter part that does everything and the gear it lacks. That's what i meant.

Remember to name a rubber that costs no more than 10% than Xiom counterpart. I really like Xiom Vega China VM for its durability and feeling of boosted Chinese rubber without hastle. Go ahead.

Name me a xiom rubber i'll name you the gear it lacks and on top of that i'll name you a bty rubber counter part that does everything and the gear it lacks. That's what i meant.
Xiom Omega 7 Hyper
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
XIOM Omega 7 China

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Oh wait he is still trying to research online because he has not tried those rubbers from Xiom lol.

I think that Konrad had a good insight in this thread. I think we should stop arguing about butterfly supremacy and give the OP some propositions. This argument might not necessarily help the OP. PS: I don't want to be bossy. I just want to help the OP in good faith.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jun 2020
Thank you. Yes the original question is still outstanding primarily for the purpose of helping me decide on rubbers. It appears to be proving difficult to answer my original question regarding and interpretation of the Xiom rubber stats and it would seem that Xiom are not that highly recommended.
Konrad has recommended Hurricane 3 Neo for the forehand and Andro Impuls Powersponge for the backhand as a preference to Xiom and Kuba has suggested Donic Bluefire M2 or Andro Hexer Powergrip.As previously stated, I am looking for moderate speed (around Revspin 8.8-9.0 as a referecne point) and with the priority being maximum spin generation but with the best control possible with those features in mind. I am expecting, rightly or wrongly, that the backhand rubber is likely to be 2 to 3 degrees softer than the forehand rubber and possibly with a slightly thinner sponge necessary (2.0mm ?) due to the lower power on the backhand and in order to maximise control for push and block shots. I am left handed so will be likely to receive a lot of shots to my backhand.
I am quite happy to spend the extra on Butterfly if thought to be the best. I had originally considered T05 on the forehand and T05FX on the backhand but reports suggest that they might be a little difficult to control.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Xiom Omega 7 Hyper
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
XIOM Omega 7 China

Not fimliar with china and asia. I tried hyper. The answer is simple, 05h. I want to say 09c but it's doesn't play like that becuase 09c is tacky. Also one thing about xioms rubbers are their top sheet is of lower quality. They tend to "slip" wheres BTY doesn't slip. The increase in price is totally justify. You can't have a ball slipping on you during match.

May 2018
Another thread filled with basement tt magicians. Perhaps someone could tell Hugo Calderano that he uses trash equipment and he should read ttdaily (at least daily) so he gets rid of useless rubbers with which he can beat the world's top 5 opponents only once in a while.

Almost everyone who argue against me are tt basement players. Most can't even win against me when i'm using my left hand. I'm trying to actually help the general public on saving money and time.

EJing on different rubbers researching and trying different garbage is #1 reason that hinder my improvement over the years. I've been there done that, just trying to help. Stick with BTY, save your time and money.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHFt6u49tS4fQufwszprStg/videos?view_as=subscriber

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Another thread filled with basement tt magicians. Perhaps someone could tell Hugo Calderano that he uses trash equipment and he should read ttdaily (at least daily) so he gets rid of useless rubbers with which he can beat the world's top 5 opponents only once in a while.

No kidding, he has never beaten any CNT players ever since he signed up with Xiom after moving over from Cornilleau in Jan, 2019. He beat FZD and LGY using Target Pro GT H51/H47 in 2018 and caused quite a stir. :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Bazza - just don't use anything from Revspin as a reference point. Revspin data are not reliable.

OK thanks. The trouble is, as you know, that each manufacturer/supplier uses different baselines to compare their rubbers which makes it almost impossible to predict how one rubber may compare with another from a different source.
Also I find that forum comments appear to be subjective so they do not help much. Even during this thread there are disagreements leaving me none the wiser regarding how good, or otherwise Xiom rubbers are. I do not have access to users of various rubbers or a retail outlet where rubbers can be tried.
Is there a more reliable and accurate centralised comparison source, (website), that I could use to help please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
OK thanks. The trouble is, as you know, that each manufacturer/supplier uses different baselines to compare their rubbers which makes it almost impossible to predict how one rubber may compare with another from a different source.
Also I find that forum comments appear to be subjective so they do not help much. Even during this thread there are disagreements leaving me none the wiser regarding how good, or otherwise Xiom rubbers are. I do not have access to users of various rubbers or a retail outlet where rubbers can be tried.
Is there a more reliable and accurate centralised comparison source, (website), that I could use to help please?
There is no such thing. Everyone is biased towards something. Any website which has input from users will not be reliable, especially when some rubbers are really close together.

I would say don't stress too much about the rubbers if you are an intermediate player. The rubber type makes most of the difference. Take anything middle of the road not too hard not too soft, whatever you can get good deal on. If you haven't played with Chinese tacky before, remember that they are incredibly spin sensitive and require technique adjustment.

It might also help If you state what you are using now and what do you don't like about current setup. With emphasis on the second part.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Depending on your level. T05 FH and t05fx BH is perfect. IF you go up a level change to d05 BH. Then start boosting and find your formula. Don't waste time on xiom garbage. Every xiom lineup lacks gear. It stops you from doing certain things and you stop develop it because you simply can't do it with the rubber. Xiom and any ESN is a waste of time and money, the attires are good though.

Thank you. My slight concern though is that the combination of T05/T05FX might be slightly too mighty for me on an Innerforce Layer ALC type of blade (not Butterfly). Some posts suggests that I might struggle with control of the short game and keeping FH topspin drives on the table. I guess that I won't know unless I try.
However could you please recommend a similar high quality setup that is toned down a notch; keeping the high spin level but with slightly less speed and more control?

May 2018
Thank you. My slight concern though is that the combination of T05/T05FX might be slightly too mighty for me on an Innerforce Layer ALC type of blade (not Butterfly). Some posts suggests that I might struggle with control of the short game and keeping FH topspin drives on the table. I guess that I won't know unless I try.
However could you please recommend a similar high quality setup that is toned down a notch; keeping the high spin level but with slightly less speed and more control?

T05 is consider fast for non plastic, but post ball change t05 is consider a control rubber. 05fx is slower so it's good. That said as I moved up levels i feel 05fx not good because it "slips" or doesn't pick up the ball on compact BH strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hi Bazza,

Your setup at the moment on your sig is actually pretty solid from the looks of it. Aruna is a nice blade and rubbers seem decent combo. Any reason for the thinking with the move to xiom?.

Price or availability?

Where abouts do you normally play btw? I know a fair few of the guys in your neck of the woods.

Cheers.