Xiom rubber specifications

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Whatever the case, Xiom Japan has taken the trouble to assign some numbers to the Omega and Vega series, which are consistent with those done by TSP/Victas when they were the distributors for Xiom in Japan.

Still the numbers for Vega X don't match with those provided by Xiom Korea. Not sure about the others. All in all, it's a huge plate of spaghetti.

jYMYwfY.png

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jun 2020
There is no such thing. Everyone is biased towards something. Any website which has input from users will not be reliable, especially when some rubbers are really close together.

I would say don't stress too much about the rubbers if you are an intermediate player. The rubber type makes most of the difference. Take anything middle of the road not too hard not too soft, whatever you can get good deal on. If you haven't played with Chinese tacky before, remember that they are incredibly spin sensitive and require technique adjustment.

It might also help If you state what you are using now and what do you don't like about current setup. With emphasis on the second part.

Thanks. Have been a bit of an EJ since my return to the game over the last 18 months. The last two, (out of a progression of 4 setups), were Evolution EL-S forehand and FX-S backhand on a Joola Aruna offensive carbon offensive and currently Rhyzer Pro 45 on forehand and Rhyzer 43 backhand on a TSP 6.5 balsa blade.
I am looking to stop the EJ and settle on a setup that is as good as it can be for me to get any doubt out of my head. I have bought the Innerforce Layer ALC type blade as a good foundation giving control/dwell/feel at low impact but power when required for topspin drives. I am looking for rubbers to compliment the blade with similar characteristics; with the main emphasis on spin with enough, but probably not maximum speed and with enough control for me to handle so that I can put any equipment doubts out of my head and settle down adjusting to the setup and concentrating on game play.

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Thanks. Have been a bit of an EJ since my return to the game over the last 18 months. The last two, (out of a progression of 4 setups), were Evolution EL-S forehand and FX-S backhand on a Joola Aruna offensive carbon offensive and currently Rhyzer Pro 45 on forehand and Rhyzer 43 backhand on a TSP 6.5 balsa blade.
I am looking to stop the EJ and settle on a setup that is as good as it can be for me to get any doubt out of my head. I have bought the Innerforce Layer ALC type blade as a good foundation giving control/dwell/feel at low impact but power when required for topspin drives. I am looking for rubbers to compliment the blade with similar characteristics; with the main emphasis on spin with enough, but probably not maximum speed and with enough control for me to handle so that I can put any equipment doubts out of my head and settle down adjusting to the setup and concentrating on game play.

Yes, stop the EJ if you want to improve. Play t05 FH and 05fx BH. When you get to 2000 level switch to D05 BH.

Reactions: Bazza
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Hi Bazza,

Your setup at the moment on your sig is actually pretty solid from the looks of it. Aruna is a nice blade and rubbers seem decent combo. Any reason for the thinking with the move to xiom?.

Price or availability?

Where abouts do you normally play btw? I know a fair few of the guys in your neck of the woods.

Cheers.

Hello Ghostzen.
Yes that was a decent setup but moved to TSP 6.5 balsa OFF blade with Rhyzer Pro 45 on FH and Rhyzer 43 on BH. I have mainly been practicing at a couple of Essex clubs but didn't play much league play last year because of family commitments due to illness. I did manage only one Colchester league match but didn't drop an end albeit in a lower division. I am hoping to play regularly next season and just want to make sure that I have the right setup so that I can just concentrate on play and not equipment. I have bought an Innerforce Layer ALC type blade which seems to have the perfect characteristics for me. Just want to find the very best appropriate rubbers so that I have the 'perfect' possible setup to give me confidence which I need to compete seriously.
Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
T05 is consider fast for non plastic, but post ball change t05 is consider a control rubber. 05fx is slower so it's good. That said as I moved up levels i feel 05fx not good because it "slips" or doesn't pick up the ball on compact BH strokes.

Is there a better alternative to T05FX as slippage doesn't sound too good especially when playing backhand flicks?
Perhaps T05 on both sides or alternatively I have had T25FX recommended particularly for backhand flicks by the UK Butterfly agent.

May 2018
Is there a better alternative to T05FX as slippage doesn't sound too good especially when playing backhand flicks?
Perhaps T05 on both sides or alternatively I have had T25FX recommended particularly for backhand flicks by the UK Butterfly agent.

Don't EJ off to 25fx. T05(FH) and T05fx(BH). THen when you reach 2000 change to D05 on BH. /thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
yogi_bear and scrubplayer

Gentlemen I must apologise for starting a thread that has caused such disagreement between you. Can I ask that you agree to disagree, shake hands and move on please. Is it possible that some of the posts could be removed by an adjudicator?
I respect the opinion of both of you as you undoubtedly have more up to date knowledge on the subject to be able to help me in my dilemma.

May 2018
yogi_bear and scrubplayer

Gentlemen I must apologise for starting a thread that has caused such disagreement between you. Can I ask that you agree to disagree, shake hands and move on please. Is it possible that some of the posts could be removed by an adjudicator?
I respect the opinion of both of you as you undoubtedly have more up to date knowledge on the subject to be able to help me in my dilemma.

Fine i'll delete my post. But to your question. T05FH 05fx BH get to 2k then d05bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Fine i'll delete my post. But to your question. T05FH 05fx BH get to 2k then d05bh.

Thanks, I do very much appreciate the advice. One more question please: would you suggest 2.1mm T05 for the FH and 1.9mm T05FX for the BH due to lower power of BH and in order to maximise control, or would 2.1mm on BH also be best?

May 2018
Thanks, I do very much appreciate the advice. One more question please: would you suggest 2.1mm T05 for the FH and 1.9mm T05FX for the BH due to lower power of BH and in order to maximise control, or would 2.1mm on BH also be best?

2.1mm

Jan 2018
Did he beat any "world top 5 opponents" with Xiom equipment? Pics, please. That's the point raised by darkmoor.

FYI, the top 5:

1-5/2018
FZD, Ovtcharov, Boll, XX, LGY

6/2018
FZD, ML, Ovtcharov, Boll, LGY

7-11/2018
FZD, XX, Boll, LGY, Ovtcharov

12/2018-4/2019
FZD, XX, LGY, Harimoto, Boll

5/2019-4/2020
FZD, XX, ML, Harimoto, LGY

OK thanks. The trouble is, as you know, that each manufacturer/supplier uses different baselines to compare their rubbers which makes it almost impossible to predict how one rubber may compare with another from a different source.
Also I find that forum comments appear to be subjective so they do not help much. Even during this thread there are disagreements leaving me none the wiser regarding how good, or otherwise Xiom rubbers are. I do not have access to users of various rubbers or a retail outlet where rubbers can be tried.
Is there a more reliable and accurate centralised comparison source, (website), that I could use to help please?

There's hardly any such source, I am sorry. You can't estimate the reliability of someone's reviews unless you know the particular person well or you get the change to try the same rubber, if possible, on the same blade. OR, by researching and researching, browsing through various reviews and post, you can perhaps manage to get enough useful info for you to decide on trying the rubber or not. This way you can encounter hidden gems too. I wouldn't know how great can a cheap Yinhe Jupiter 2 in 38 deg hardness work on backhand if I haven't researched and find proven information of some serious players like Wang Zengyi using it to great effect.

Through the research you should be also able to tell ok reviews from the ones done by fanboys, and self-entitled know-it-alls, and narcissist bearers of superior knowledge, or those who are paid to promote a particular product.

Reactions: Bazza

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hi ,in my country xiom rubbers cost 1/3 of tenergy.I tried both of them,Xiom i can buy more often and I can play with newer equiment.I agree Xiom rubbers lack something in sponge,less springy,after while springe effect of Xiom sponge wears out.Problem is :what is better ?to play whith tenergy longer time but with better gears or play with newer rubber Xiom in shorter time?Do you tihnk it worth it?My level of play did not change much after switching from Tenergy to xiom.Maybe with tenergy I will play 5% better,but it will cost me 3 times more.Maybe I am wrong.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
A few thoughts on this thread:

• My experience with Omega VII wouldn't be too far off from leading to a conclusion that Tenergy is just plain better all around. Essentially the Omega VII just lacked in top end speed and spin compared to my usual Tenergy 05. The Omega VII just did not suit me but some other players may like the feeling or arc or whatever other aspects, or players who are not pushing the rubbers to their maximum limits where the loss of speed and spin wouldn't be as relevant.

• Oftentimes people point to pros that are using certain rubbers as justification that it must be good. These pros are usually boosting the hell out of the rubber and trashing them after a week or two - this is not really practical for common players and also not as necessary with standard Tenergy which makes it a good option.

• Calderano did have all his top wins when using Cornilleau, so that's not a good argument in support of Omega.

• Yogi, as much as I'm sure we all appreciate your reviews, they definitely do come across as biased so I understand some people's hesitancy in trusting reviews that are not written totally independent of the company's influence. It seems that at times your reviews are always "this is the latest and greatest from X company and the only drawback is that you need to be good enough to handle this rubber/blade".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
There's hardly any such source, I am sorry. You can't estimate the reliability of someone's reviews unless you know the particular person well or you get the change to try the same rubber, if possible, on the same blade. OR, by researching and researching, browsing through various reviews and post, you can perhaps manage to get enough useful info for you to decide on trying the rubber or not. This way you can encounter hidden gems too. I wouldn't know how great can a cheap Yinhe Jupiter 2 in 38 deg hardness work on backhand if I haven't researched and find proven information of some serious players like Wang Zengyi using it to great effect.

Through the research you should be also able to tell ok reviews from the ones done by fanboys, and self-entitled know-it-alls, and narcissist bearers of superior knowledge, or those who are paid to promote a particular product.

Thanks Darkmoor

Objectivity. That's what i like.