Difference between ZLC and ZLF?

This user has no status.
ZLF is the Zylon without the carbon. ZLC is Zylon with carbon.

It is the Zylon equivalent of the AL and ALC blades. AL being pure Arylate. ALC being Arylate with carbon.
Thank you! Makes sense. Do you know what would be characteristics of each material in a blade?

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Thank you! Makes sense. Do you know what would be characteristics of each material in a blade?

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

ZLF is much softer than ZLC.When playing with a ZLF blade, it's like playing with an all-wood blade. In short, ZLF is very close to wood in terms of feel.

ZLC is harder and feels "dead" in comparison to ZLF. It's also faster and and has a very different sound (sounds like pock-pock when hitting), especially if underneath 1 layer of wood instead of 2.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
ZLF without carbon is pretty slow. I personally found it pretty weird. Adding carbon to the weave makes it quite a bit faster and probably better suited for modern balls. The difference is very very noticeable.

It is obviously a matter of taste and playing style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
ZLF without carbon is pretty slow. I personally found it pretty weird. Adding carbon to the weave makes it quite a bit faster and probably better suited for modern balls. The difference is very very noticeable.

It is obviously a matter of taste and playing style.

Seconding all of this.