Better Equipment?

This user has no status.
Hi All. Currently I am using Dawei Genote Quattro X as my blade and Dawei 2008 Super Power. It seems that I am having trouble controlling it. I can make it in, on to the table but not necessarily the place that I want. I've been using it for 9 months now. I can do loop and block, but only when close to table beyond that my shot most likely(6/10) not to go in, it is either short or to much power. Do you think I need to change my equipment?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Haven't tried your setup. But from what I gather online, seems like a beginner friendly blade and rubber set. Changing now will only delay your development. It takes a while to get the basics down pat, but stay strong, you'll get there.

BTW, 9 months is pushing it for the rubbers. Get 2 new sheets. I see no reason to change, but if you just want to try something safe, get some 729 Focus 3's.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Haven't tried your setup. But from what I gather online, seems like a beginner friendly blade and rubber set. Changing now will only delay your development. It takes a while to get the basics down pat, but stay strong, you'll get there.

BTW, 9 months is pushing it for the rubbers. Get 2 new sheets. I see no reason to change, but if you just want to try something safe, get some 729 Focus 3's.

Thank you. I thought 9 months was enough to controller it so I thought it is not a beginner setup. I guess my setup is not really popular. I also notice that rubber needs replacement will try to continue using it with a new sheets. If nothing changes, I guess I will try your suggestion.

To share to you also. I literally aiming the net and that's how I was able to control it and make it in, if I aim at the table it flies away/out. Is it because it is a low throw? I don't know much about the throw angle. Apologies for the question, I know that you do not have any experience on my setup. Just asking if that's how low throw is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Get a good coach and take lessons and if you already do, give your blade to your coach and ask him what you should do - equipment changes don't make you improve that much, but they are really helpful when your technique gets better as you can take advantage of better technique and hit better shots. You may also enjoy playing with something faster - I for sure do especially with this evil plastic ball.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That setup is not terrible to control at all for close to the table play. I used a similar blade on and off and that same rubber on BH for years and had a great BH.

Something you could try to do is ensure the ball comes to your impact zone (or ove to get there) and keep a loose grip at first while you develop timing of ball to impact zone. The loose grip (and bend elbow a little) will give you a lot of control if the other things are not so terrible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
High throw is that the ball goes more up and down and less throw not as much.

Try film yourself. I can imagine that you think you aim a certain way but in reality it is not so.

I also think that you could try to close the angle of the bat more if the ball goes out.

When you get more spin in the future you will land more strokes because the spin makes the ball go down.

Good luck!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I do think you may need to check the grip of the rubber. Dawei 2008 Super Power is good rubber and affords decent control. But it oxidizes faster than a lot of rubbers and that causes it to lose its grip sooner than other rubbers.

Lula makes some excellent points here. Filming yourself would help you see what you are doing. You don't have to show it here but showing it would allow some people to give you info to help. There are people who will comment that don't know as much as others. But, overall, it is still worth filming yourself.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Big Pores Sponge Booby Trap.

a Fellow engineer pretty learned of polymeric materials told me once
--- Take it from me, man. The sponge high density and small cells structure is the best to play the game with. Those newly-developed big pores structure is a bull sh**T.
Yes, I do concur, --the big porous F1 Formula was a commerce project by DONIC. Just to make more money.

/Be happy/

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2] ☀ Midsize pores, hard sponge is the best in every way.[/size]

740_P_1333689172099.jpg

2562_P_1398703562724.JPG

[size=+2] ☢ Big XXL pores. Utterly unplayable [/size]

2833_P_1496982920821.jpg

2691_P_1456731026478.jpg

Last edited: