Blade suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hello there!

I want some suggestions on a new blade for me. I've played with Victas Koki Niwa Wood for some time now but I think I want something a touch slower and something with a higher throw. Niwa Wood is pretty direct. I think I want an all wood blade still. I like the feeling of it.

I have my thoughts on the stiga infinity and the clipper right now but if someone have some other suggestions I'm open for that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Donic Persson Power Play would a good step down from the Victas. Thinner, slower, more flexible but still maintains that direct feel.

I don't own the Infinity but tried it more than a few times. Hollow, boxy, indirect, crisp, but doesn't give the pin-point accuracy feel of the Donic. A bit stiffer than the Donic, but not by much. I didn't like it, but it certainly fills the requirements for high throw.

Clipper is faster than what you have now, so not recommended.

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Nittaku ludeack has high throw with amazing feeling. If you like to brush when looping than you'll love it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
How is the Niwa compared to Clipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Donic Persson Power Play would a good step down from the Victas. Thinner, slower, more flexible but still maintains that direct feel.

I don't own the Infinity but tried it more than a few times. Hollow, boxy, indirect, crisp, but doesn't give the pin-point accuracy feel of the Donic. A bit stiffer than the Donic, but not by much. I didn't like it, but it certainly fills the requirements for high throw.

Clipper is faster than what you have now, so not recommended.

The clipper faster than Niwa Wood? Didn't expect that. But then I can sort out the Clipper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I tried the Victas when I thought about switching to shakehand, IMO its not worth the price. A little bit thinner than the Clipper, faintly softer and a slightly crisper. But still the same family. It lacks a little bit of the "reinforced" feel of thicker 7 plies when smashing.

For inverted players who want a cleaner feel, it should be fine. But not worth the price premium considering how many other blades of the same class are available.

Take my opinion with a lick of salt. To me, even the Clipper CR is not stiff enough.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Donic PPP blade lasta is recommending is a logical gear down blade for many offensive players looking to develop more feel and consistency. The balde can do everything... now sure it is not gunna dominate the world on a powerloop, but it can still finish the point.

The blade is very easy to find and is very inexpensive.