Why are there restrictions for pips out rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Its just common sense. People think ITTF (or politicians that you voted in) are godlike.
Everything is by vote, so if you don't like the result of the vote - you should ask questions to your national representative.
That is hows think work in a democratic organization.

Having said that, I think ITTF has too many rights on the playing of TT on the fundamental levels.

Table tennis should be in 2 parts - 1 is professional, the other is amateur.
ITTF and its habit of rule changes can go on the professional part, while amateur can have some that follows the pros, while the others follows FUN.

I play quite a few other sports other than table tennis, take basketball for example - we have our own rules, and we don't care what FIBA (or NBA) has in the rule book.

I do not agree at all, I'm an amateur player playing in official leagues and tournaments, even if they are low ranked.It adds some stakes to play for points to win or loose, even as an amateur, if there's not any stake, I don't see why I should train 2 times a week. Of course I'm not gonna make a living from TT. But some of my mates decades ago did make some money with it without playing in the pro leagues: by being offered a job, inducements, and so on... There are clearly semi-pros and it's the vast majority how what you name pros here, some graduated coaches from La Romagne or Les Loups d'Angers work in a 9 to 5 job while dedicating their night to an entrepreneur-coach way of making money by training youth in many different clubs between those 2 pro A teams.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yea, Yanaham long pimps took much after the notorious Super Grass by TIBHAR (rip), the long-slim pimps flexible as hell.
A business lady of Indonesia is able to get and dispatch products from local Shopee, for some money remuniration, of course.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
You talking about “offensive” words.
you have no idea how many people you can offend with one post…😁

I have a geezer pass for camping. I get geezer discounts. Geezer is just an old British term for old man. I am a geezer.

When I was in China I referred to my suit as my white monkey suit. I know my stuff as opposed to a real "white monkey" that knows nothing.

Yogi calls me a hard head engineer? So?

Maybe I don't know that I am supposed to be offended. I am not a woke cry baby.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
and funny how you think bosses of MA are actual table tennis players that are "booster supermacist".
you are really in lala land.
need to come back to earth.

I can't say I know the 200+ MA, but of the dozen I know, majority of the "decision makers", were never high level players. Some can't even serve a ball properly, yet alone know how to glue a bat or even boost a rubber :ROFLMAO:

Now tell, me, who are the 60%

and 1998, was it19-17 or 21-19? You need to have facts, not guessing game.
or maybe wake up and smell the coffee and maybe actually play some table tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Who are the 60%, who are the 25% that will be the non 75%?
Im waiting.

MA is not ITTF, MA = Member associations (each individual national association)
If MA decision maker can't play table tennis, how is it an ITTF mess

is your boring topic also a ITTF mess, or your own mess?
think about it, who is in the mess here.

You spent decades with the same nonsense, but when you talk numbers, you had zero research, so how can any one even take you serious? facts is facts - are you able to provide any?

you should change your profile name to Karen. Ranting for years on the same boring topic.
So who are the 60% and 25%?

So since you are in lalaland and i'm actually living and eating table tennis development every single day - involved in players in TWO countries.

I'm hands on involved with a team of 17 players right now.
7 of them are pips out players.

So how many pips out players are you involved with?

You talk a lot of same stuff and you bring in everything that is irrelevant, but what do you do for pips out really? do you even help teach the skill set to the next generation and actually do some real value added for your "pip dream"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
<yawn>
Regardless of how many different ways I try to explain to you, you will keep posting the same nonsense & kissing ITTF's behind no matter what & you live in an ITTfF utopia
It is not possible to hold a rational conversation with you.
I am not going to waste my time with you.
Good bye.
don't come back, no one will miss you

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THE FREAKISH PLAYERS. WHOSE GUILT IS IT?
Some countries being conscious of their youngsters' wellbeing did take Prohibitive Decree against the trashy materials, with the view to early nip the breeding of freakish players and withhold a coach from the such. Luka Mladenovitch is the very prey abused by a childgarthen coach..

canada pips ban.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Igor is lead engineer assisted by Nobel Laureate motion control engineer & self proclaimed Billionaire brokenBall for proposing how minimum friction limits can be further increased. This would ensure that old farts will be eliminated from the sport.
I am not self-proclaimed. I have been inducted into the IFPS Hall of Fame for my yeas of work in modeling, simulation and test and hydraulic servo control in general and years of articles in engineering magazines. I can show a video as proof. I have an award.

@James Z, Now WTF R U? What have U done?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So what you are saying is that billions of these up & coming players (juniors) were traumatized by TSP P1 Curl but were not at all effected by Yasaka Phantom 007 or Double Fish 1615 etc which remain on ITTF LARC to this day.

Oh wait a minute I know , they were traumatized by Feint Long Classic

Now I underatand . I feel so stupid & ashamed that I wasted my time for 25 years.
Thanks for opening my eyes

I was saying there was no intelligent reason for the rule change: that their reasoning was flawed. But, you are a person who clearly likes to say dumb things and attack people without knowing what they are saying and likes to pretend or attempt to say people said or thought things they didn't.

You should know, nobody has more posts that have been reported than you and I believe it is because you like attacking people instead of trying to understand what they are saying.

Now I really am wondering why you are so active on a forum where most people dislike you.

I do find it unfortunate. Because if you didn't have such clear anti-social behavior issues, I think, underneath, you have a point about a lot of things. But online, you come off as so noxious that most people get driven to anger by you.

Why don't you stop pretending you know what others are thinking, stop attacking other forum members, and just give the information without the nonsense and people may actually start seeing things your way. Instead you create conflict where none needed to be.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, the way you try and create new names for simple things like:
1) Social Rubber
2) Spooster
3) Spooster Supremecist

I won't mention older versions....

Things like this are childish and immature and make you come off looking even worse to everyone.

You are an adult. Can't you actually act like one?

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Carl,
I will try add some merit into content, since I am reporting with what I see out there.
Taiwanese elementary school girl players using long pips is killing the sport.

1) parents wants kid to play sport during elementary school years
2) parents get coaches to do 1 on 1, as Asian are very competitive (in everything) and if the kid isn't winning anything, that coach will be replaced
3) somehow, some where, the solution to the pressure of short term gain is to change to pimple out rubbers
4) it works, since younger girls has less power, and will struggle with pips. I'm talking Grade 2, grade 3, grade 4 years with maybe 1 year or 2 year of learning.
5) it works, so others copy
6) now half or more than half of girls are using long pips for short term gain.
7) oh no, kids getting older, and pips are no longer a threat any more, the balls are coming back and then BANG, a big filter, kids can't win any more, parents are unhappy, and kids is out of the sport.
8) Drop out ratio is very big for girls table tennis at grade 5~grade 7 age group.

So result - Taiwan is going to face a shortage in attacking players. Even though the good ones coming out are attacking, but the foundation level in elementary school is mostly weird ball/slow ball play and middle/high school becomes more fast game.

Pips is a short term success and when figured out, the kids leave.
is the problem the pressure from parents, or coaches finding short term solution, or pips is really not as strong as one hopes it to be.

Food for thoughts.

PS, illegal pips are used/were found to be used too. same thing, they still loose at the end

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Me saying the ITTF's reasoning for something (certain pips being hard for up and coming players) does not mean I agree with their reasoning. That is you NOT UNDERSTANDING what you are reading.

Just because a name is not accurate does not mean you should make silly childish names like you are an adolescent. You could even say "chemicals that mess with the sponge" because the glue itself is not really the issue. It is the chemical solvents that change the sponge that is the problem.

You, unfortunately just don't get that, the information about the ITTF, it is worth knowing. But your delivery is totally toxic to the point that even people who play with pips and antispin, and people who enjoy playing against people who use those materials and so, are in support of them being used, get turned off by how socially inept and aggressive you generally are.

1) ITTF has made many many bad decisions.
2) Many of the rule changes the ITTF made sent the sport in the completely wrong direction and have made the sport less enjoyable, less competitive and less diverse.
3) The way you try and express these ideas makes people dislike you even when they would agree with points 1 & 2.

Think about it.

And your response is to be even more toxic so that, even pips players on this forum have asked me over and over to ban you. But I do think you have ideas that are worth being heard. You just are really bad at explaining those ideas and so you antagonize everyone.

I do wish you would sort this out and learn how to explain yourself in a way so people would actually hear what you have to say instead of twisting things and making up false enemies, and blaming people who had nothing to do with the actual issues.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
A time ago, ITTF did stated as a guide principle to follow, once and for all
-- Randomness of any form should be excluded from the sport as much as possible. We don 't want our sport to eventually take a character of a game of chance.
Erratical, irregular bounce as produced by the low friction pips will cause unforced errors a lot, fifty--.fifty chance for you to unveil the riddle.
We will deploy friction test worldwide, to get cheaters out of the sport.