Dirty Blade Handles?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
There was an exact same topic just a few days ago...

Yes, but no need really.

If you are a clean freak then an Oxiclean paste rub will brighten it up in seconds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Read 1 reviews
Yes, they do. And yes, they can be cleaned.
But why?

Welp, there are two types of people when it comes to cleaning your blade:

1 - People who want to keep their handles (which most of the time will be covered by your hand when you play) clean and pretty.

and

2 - Those who take the blood, sweat and tear marks on their blades with pride as if they were battle scars.

Carl is one of those as you could see on the other thread haha.

If it's not about looks, but about hygiene, try water & dish soap or rubbing alcohol (might take color off of the racket though).

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You can also prevent the handle from getting nasty again after cleaning by treating it with clear Watco's Danish Oil. It retains the natural wood feel unlike poly finishes which can make it feel plasticky.

There was an exact same topic just a few days ago...

Yes, but no need really.

If you are a clean freak then an Oxiclean paste rub will brighten it up in seconds.

i did search for the topic before posting. Searched "dirty TT handles" but no hits, so I asked. But thanks.

Here is the link to the other thread where several people responded:

[video]https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23568-How-do-I-clean-my-racket[/video]
My old bat has lots of sweat and dents, but no blood! :D But gotta love the way you paint the whole battle imagery.

Last edited:
Yes, they do. And yes, they can be cleaned.
But why?

Welp, there are two types of people when it comes to cleaning your blade:

1 - People who want to keep their handles (which most of the time will be covered by your hand when you play) clean and pretty.

and

2 - Those who take the blood, sweat and tear marks on their blades with pride as if they were battle scars.

Carl is one of those as you could see on the other thread haha.

If it's not about looks, but about hygiene, try water & dish soap or rubbing alcohol (might take color off of the racket though).
Well, I admit it's about the looks hahaha. I started playing a few months ago after a gap of 24 years and now it's more a hobby and showing off some nice (pretty!) bats in front of the youngsters! ;) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GusShnaps
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i did search for the topic before posting. Searched "dirty TT handles" but no hits, so I asked. But thanks.

Not really a problem to have more than one thread on the same subject. There are so many threads with people looking for a beginner setup. We would be in trouble if it wasn't okay. :)

My old bat has lots of sweat and dents, but no blood! :D But gotta love the way you paint the whole battle imagery.

I am glad you could tell I was just having fun while painting the picture of a blade as a weapon with which you enter the arena of mortal combat. :)

The truth is, I would be too lazy to do something about how my racket looks. But I don't care if someone else wants their racket to look nice. But if I can get someone to not be too OCD or fussy about equipment, I think sometimes, that has its benefits. But, to each his/her own. :)

Last edited: