All-wood, ALC, ZLF, or ZLC? Putting Ball Sense to the Test

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

Yuuji: Ball sense? Let's put that to the test! All-wood, ALC, ZLF and ZLC.
Takukichi: No-brainer!
Arie: Easy as pie!

Takukichi: Will you take part in this experiment?
Yuuji: Of course! I'll shuffle them here. I can't tell what is what now. Let's get started!

Takukichi: Weighs like all-wood. Let's feel it! No! Definitely not! Hahaha... I think it's all-wood. It's soft. (Handing over to Arie.)
Arie: Nah, I feel there's some composite mixed in. (First shot right in the net.) Ehhhhhhhhhhh! It doesn't fly! Feels like all-wood, flies a little, but I guess it's not all-wood.
Yuuji: This is the feeling of ALC! Not all-wood. The softness unique to ALC. ALC, no doubt!

Takukichi: Racket 2.
Yuuji: Sound is not right! That's all-wood.
Takukichi: ... Hehehe... Woodier than that one. Hahaha... First one is definitely not all-wood. Hahaha... It doesn't jump. Revising my answer. Racket 2 is all-wood. Racket 1 is ZLF.
Arie: Heck, this is all-wood here. Hahaha...
Yuuji: So quick!
Arie: (After a few shots) Hehehe, all-wood! This is all-wood. There's no mistaking.
Yuuji: Ah, indeed!
Takukichi: Doesn't feel like the ball flies when blocking.
Yuuji: Right, it feels like all-wood. Does feel more like all-wood. All-wood is...can't make out the feeling. This is composite. You get the impression of all-wood if you haven't used ZLF before. I say it's ZLF.

Takukichi: Racket 3. Wow!
Yuuji: Wow!
Takukichi: ZLC. Can't be wrong. Feels familiar. This is not brand-new? Something that Yuuji-kun is actually using. Feels like second-hand. This is definitely ZLC. Can't be wrong.
Arie: Ah, bouncy. Feels the closest to ZLC. Flies the most out of the 3.
Yuuji: Probably ALC! Ah, ZLC here. This is ZLC.
Takukichi: Out of the 3, this one plays the highest.
Yuuji: Everyone agrees this is ZLC.

Takukichi: 1 is ZLF, 2 is all-wood, 3 is ZLC, then this has to be ALC. Un, ALC desu! Sounds a bit higher pitched than 1. Closer to composite.
Yuuji: Only hit with 4 of them, you sure?
Takukichi: Nah, I know already. Proper bounce. High pitch. Is it ALC? Yes, definitely ALC.
Yuuji: So confident about these 3.
Yuuji: ALC for you, Arie? A frequent user.
Arie: Don't jinx it.
Yuuji: Can't get it wrong!
Arie: Don't jinx it.
Yuuji: Hahaha...
Arie: Ah, this is ALC! This is mine!
Hahaha...
Arie: I always play with this. This is how it feels. I know because it's mine.
Yuuji: Hmm? (After a few more shots) I see x2. This is...all-wood!
Takukichi: How do you tell?
Yuuji: I'm not the type that spins. When hitting hard, every shot went to the net. It felt like the ball was crushed. Holds the ball well. Is it not all-wood? The pitch is quite high. Ball sense? It feels like all-wood. Rather than say I've played this, I'd say it's all-wood. But Racket 2, though it feels like all-wood, I wonder if there's carbon? That's most difficult to tell. I'm certain about the others.

To recap:
Takukichi: ZLF, all-wood, ZLC, ALC. Can't be wrong about all-wood and ZLC.
Arie: I'm sure here. ZLF, all-wood...confident about this, ZLC, and...can't get it wrong here, I use it - ALC.
Yuuji: For me, ALC, this here is Arylate(Arie: No Arylate), ZLF, ZLC, all-wood.

And their real identities are...

Last edited:
Reactions: SofaChamp