Recommendation backhand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
I m using a heavy blade about 93g. Forehand rubber is g1 n 50g after cutting. I want lighter backhand rubber to keep overall racket weight under 190g. Any recommendation for ESN rubber for backhand with speed n spin about g1 but lighter weight?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Donic Baracuda. It’s a very nice rubber for the backhand and a lot of Chinese provincial player use it for the bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
How about the weight? I want less than 48g after cutting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Alternatively you could get a lighter blade or a thinner sponge. Some online stores like tt11 or princett will accommodate your request for specific weight for a blade or try to get close. You can buy the same blade you have now except a lighter version. Nowaday I ask for 85 gram blades or lighter if possible and tell them not to bother sending a blade if it is 90gm or heavier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Alternatively you could get a lighter blade or a thinner sponge. Some online stores like tt11 or princett will accommodate your request for specific weight for a blade or try to get close. You can buy the same blade you have now except a lighter version. Nowaday I ask for 85 gram blades or lighter if possible and tell them not to bother sending a blade if it is 90gm or heavier.
Thanks . Thinner rubber is good suggestion. I will not change blade as i already have it n playing it for a while

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Thanks . Thinner rubber is good suggestion. I will not change blade as i already have it n playing it for a while

You don't like to have heavy racket or you don't like the fact that the blade is head heavy? In the second case, have you tried adding weight to the handle?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
How about the weight? I want less than 48g after cutting

My cut sheets of my sig rubbers are 48g for MX-K and 46g for FX-S on a standard sized 157x150 mm round blade.

Although that is medium to medium heavy, it isn't like one is wirlding an anvil. MX-K is in the medium firm to firm category.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A rubber like FX-S is right up your alley. 46g if standard blade size would make you under your quota by one gram.

Yogi is barking up the right tree in that soft sponged modern dynamic rubbers are generally a few grams less weight.

The two extra soft rubbers he mentioned are especially spinny dynamic rubbers that despite the low rated speed. .. if well struck can still produce a strong power ball

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As a vendor, I would be required to say the customer is always right in choosing this or that... it is a free market thing that sorts everything out over time.

As an offensive player, I triple laugh at 98 to 99 percent of offensive blades weighing 85 grams or less. There are a few that are playable and still balanced stable enough at that weight, but mighty few. (I use 2 at or below that weight well)

This user has no status.
I m using a heavy blade about 93g. Forehand rubber is g1 n 50g after cutting. I want lighter backhand rubber to keep overall racket weight under 190g. Any recommendation for ESN rubber for backhand with speed n spin about g1 but lighter weight?

You can consider new Victas V11 Extra rubber which is %10 ligher than other ESN rubber @ 47.5 deg hardness and will meet your weight requirement.
Many reviews on Youtube mostly from Japan sites with weight etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
at a 47g limit you actually have quite a lot of options. Most last generation ESN rubbers are around that.

A median variety of Rakza 7 should be there. So would Joola Xplode and Barracuda, both of which would be more similar to the G1 than the Rakza (Joola is a bit faster/more direct). My Hexer HD is 47.6g exact and gives a similar tight topsheet feel to the G1 and even a little faster.

Some slightly softer rubbers I've tried recently include Xiom Omega 7 pro (~45g cut and boosted), and Vega Asia (~43g at 2.0mm). Both are softer than the G1, but bouncier and well suited for backhands.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
You can consider new Victas V11 Extra rubber which is %10 ligher than other ESN rubber @ 47.5 deg hardness and will meet your weight requirement.
Many reviews on Youtube mostly from Japan sites with weight etc.
This one seems really good option for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 2 reviews
you can make blade and rubber 7 grams lighter , just by reglueing your rubber . glue 5mm up from the end of handle then you can cut a large half moon shape that now sticks out from the end of the blade bat size has not altered . and you have removed a lot of rubber .l have a heavy set up now its 8gms lighter the little gap makes no difference

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
you can make blade and rubber 7 grams lighter , just by reglueing your rubber . glue 5mm up from the end of handle then you can cut a large half moon shape that now sticks out from the end of the blade bat size has not altered . and you have removed a lot of rubber .l have a heavy set up now its 8gms lighter the little gap makes no difference
Really good idea but i m kind of like still wanna see rubber fully cover the blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Decided to give victas v11 a try. Thanks all for recommendation