Round the table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Hi, I have a question to the ITTF Breaking Down Barriers with Table Tennis Balls Program.

Activity 4 is Round the Table. It says "When down to 2 players, they stand next to each other taking in turns hitting the ball, placing the racket on the table and spinning around."

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Valid alternatives to the crucial stage of the table tennis game popular with neophytes include simply continuing with the status quo, viz. subsequent to striking the ball player A proceeds to take themselves around the table in a clockwise direction, player B strikes the ball once this can be done legally and safely and then takes themselves around the same table and also in the same clockwise direction. From this point on players A and B simply repeat their steps until one of the players fails to make a legal return. At this point the last player to have made a legal return is declared winner winner (chicken dinner.).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Thank you, but what does spinning around mean? 360 degrees or round the table? Anyway, how to return the ball that quickly with even placing the racket on the table?

If it helps to understand that rule: I guess the normal way is that there is a Coach on one side of the table and the Kids lining up on the other side and after a correct return they go round the table. But I don't understand what to do, when there are only two of them left.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I would say that the idea here is that once there are only two kids left they don't have enough time to run around the table. Therefore, instead of running around the table your come up with a different challenge for them, like putting their bat down on the table and spinning 360 before their next shot. Actually not a bad idea. I used to make kids run to a certain point (like a wall if practical) and then come back to the table for their next shot.