Gold arc 8 vs tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I tried gold arc 8 for over a month, and few days ago one my friends let me tried is rubber- tenergy 05 and i felt he was less spinny than gold arc 8, what your oponion on this?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
TTDB/Revspin is bull?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I tried gold arc 8 for over a month, and few days ago one my friends let me tried is rubber- tenergy 05 and i felt he was less spinny than gold arc 8, what your oponion on this?

German made rubbers like Gold Arc 8 have gone through a lot of development progress to finally arrive at a point where some equal t05 in spin potential. t05 being less spinny than GA 8 seems a bit unlikely to me, having tried both. I liked GA 8, but I thought it was a bit like Donic bluefire M1. However, you might find it easier to generate spin with GA 8, while t05 has a higher maximum that not everybody can activate.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
TTDB/Revspin is bull?

Well considering the possible difference in skill and technique, and the fact that anyone can rate, its kind of hard to really be 100% reliable.

In reality its would much easier to start comparing rubbers and blades: Robots playing with Robots in an isolated environment. But manufacturers probably don't want that kind of transparency.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I have played with both. There are two GA8s, 47.5° and 50°, in two thicknesses, 2.0 and 2.2mm, and in two colors, red and black.

Red and black felt the same to me. The thickness differences had the predictable effect.

However, hardness did matter. At 50°, things clicked for me; at 47.5° it played, for me, much like a wide range of the (upper echelon of) ESN rubbers. I don't think I would be able to distinguish it from Vega X.

I prefer GA8/50 to T05, but still give T05 a distinct edge in spin creation. At the high end both were close, but below that T05 created more spin more easily. That advantage, for me, was more than compensated by GA8/50s handling in the short game, blocks, counters.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Were those in the same condition? Both top sheet and sponge deteriorates over time.