Playing again, but....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have been playing for 3 weeks now after 3 months of not playing at all. My play sucks and whereas I was a fore hand player before I am now a BH player. My mobility sucks too. I am 67 so you wouldn't expect it to be great but now I am relatively worse.

I have two sets of balls. One orange and the other white. Normally I only touch the white balls and my practice partner only touches the orange balls. I have a box that I spray with disinfectant and cloth/wipes that I roll the ball around in to remove germs.

This was discussed at the local TT club but because balls tend to go all over and it is impossible to keep track of the balls, they have decided not to re-open.

Before the lock down I bought a few different rubbers that tabletennis11 wants me to review but I haven't even had time to put them on the paddle. I have been pretty much ignoring anything about table tennis except who is willing to play next.

About the CCP-virus. The doctors , nurses and researcher are doing a very good job of reducing the mortality rate. The mortality rate for the 7 days is about 2% which is much lower than what it was at the beginning of this pandemic. The cumulative mortality rate from the beginning has drop from about 35% to the current 8%. This is due to the doctors, nurses and researchers and the fact that people die faster than they recover. The 2% weekly rate is being averaged in to the cumulative rate which is one reason the cumulative mortality rate is dropping. Eventually the two number will converge. I am not predicting 176K deaths in the US. This number will go down if there are more advancements n the treatment of of the CCP-virus. The predicted number will go up if more people become infected.

What is making things worse in the US is that people are not taking this virus seriously and that people are dying to get their Darwin awards. I still predict the case mortality rate will end up being around 5%. It is at about 4% now but there are a lot of active cases that will go into the dead column. That is not good folks. Also, only about 1% of the people have confirmed cases. Even if 10 times that is undetected there is a huge difference from the 10% to 85% necessary for herd immunity so expect the virus to be with us for awhile.

I am a high risk person. Still I got tired after 3 week of working from home and have been going to the office.