A rubber between MX-P and EL-S

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
9 months later, did my wish come true? MX-D 😂some reviews seem to suggest the difference between MX-D and MX-P become more apparent from mid to far range.
I actually like that you revived your old thread. I had totally missed it from some reason, but I just read through it all. I don't think it really answered your original query, but it did have excellent posts about choosing rubbers etc.

Are you still looking for a rubber between MX-P and EL-S? If so, I might have some suggestions, not to say they will be anymore helpful than the ones you already got, what people brought up about choosing rubbers, and what you've tested in the past 9 months...

I think what the posts didn't really cover is feel. Feel more so than rubber hardness (and the topsheet / pimple structure should factor in too), includes not just the felt performance by a given player (which can be different from one player to another), but some sense of ease of use too for the given individual. That being said, some softer rubbers are faster and spinnier than harder rubbers and obviously provide a different feel, which one may of may not like. Another exemple, if you take the Tenergy rubbers, they might not be all that different in the way they perform for one player, but they do feel different from one another. Feel and ease of use to me are a huge factor that should be more considered when choosing a rubber and that is not often talked about, though Der's posts I think imply an understanding of these parameters.

Lastly, have you watched TT11's in-depth comparison video of MX-D and MX-P? The players can't tell the difference for the most part. Then later on, some feel MX-D is easier to use and more consistent (like T19 to T05), others MX-P. Most feel like MX-P feels softer (like T19). They all seem like they would stick with MX-P in the end... Feel perceived or real plays a part.

Last edited: