Best racket (blade + rubbers) for an offensive intermediate player close to the table

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
Hello,
Please advise ,
I am 50 years old player , trying to attack on both sides - spin/loop attacks mostly, playing close to the table.
My goal is a light racket suitable for me.(blade & rubber)
I prefer the same rubber on both sides.(correct me if I am wrong...)​
Now I have an 86g blade (butterfly Zhang Jike Alc) with tenergies 80 (forehand) and 05 fx (backhand) - it is too heavy for me.
Thanks !!!

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
take a look at the blade and rubber reviews here and elsewhere, check manufacturers catalogs / websites, Online shops often have ratings for spin power and control , but beware these can sometimes be biased towards their primary manufacturer. Check other reviews by users, The more you research yourself the more knowledge you’ll gain.

Also you need to ask yourself, do I really like the current set up and how it plays and feels? What would you prefer to sacrifice most? Blade or rubbers? It sounds like both!!!
Your blade is 80% of your playing style, and for me personally it should be part of you. So a change of blade needs to be undertaken with care.

once you have researched and got some possible choices then post on here again with some options and I’m sure the opinions will fly in!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
The TSP Regalis Red is a quite light rubber (42g cut for me) in Max sponge. I tried it for my backhand, but it felt too fast for me. A bit softer rubbers are TSP Ventus Soft, TSP Ventus Spin. These two are a bit slow, but works really fine with forehand looping game. Tibhar Aurus Sound is very light, but the previous rubbers are better in most ways. Another really light rubber is 729 Focus III Snipe. It comes in three different sponges. H42 (softest), H44 and H46 (Hardest), but it's not that hard. Very linear Chinese non-tacky rubber. Great control and good looping features.

This user has no status.
Tenergy 05FX is remarkably lightweight considering it’s power.
Medium weight rubbers like Gewo Nexxus Pro 43 are good choices too.
For a more traditional rubber: Fastarc C-1 is fairly light.

A 5-ply wood blade is a good choise. For a little more power and a little less vibration, try an inner carbon blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Hola gusto en saludarle a mi juicio la mejor opcion es la tenergy 05fx debido a que con ella puedes desarrollar mucho mas potencia y otro punto a favor es que es sumamente ligera puedes ir a una tienda y comprobarlo