Hurricane 3 neo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Hey guys, i think to put dhs 3 neo on my bh/fh, do you know anything about this rubber, it is good rubber? Because there is lot of hype around this rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Do you know if I buy it from amazon it will be fake?

It's complicated. There is plenty of information on this forum about it, consider using search. The rubber will be of sub-mediocre quality. It's playable and it is tacky and spiny and all it, I would say there are better alternatives than commercial Hurricane 3 Neo. I find Yinhe Big Dipper / Jupiter 2 better, other people say 729 Battle 2 is dope. Some recent news from Ukraine says that Big Dipper IV is really good. I personally used Jupiter 2 and Big Dipper both 38 degrees, I would suggest using something harder, like 39. Keep in mind you might put a lot of balls into the net initially because you will have to adjust your technique to thinner contact.

I found hitting through the sponge very ineffective with most of the Chinese style rubbers. You should brush thinly instead with as high acceleration as possible. I don't think you will buy fake rubber from Amazon as long as we are talking about commercial H3 Neo. It is too cheap to fake I think. Also, keep in mind that Chinese hard rubbers play the best when boosted. If you do not intend to boost, then consider hybrids inrtead.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Just for trying it out it won't matter for you, if you don't like the red then don't worry about buying the black. Looks like you're considering for both forehand and backhand anyways so it really doesn't matter.

It's a good rubber if you like to hit hard and don't like to flat hit. If you really want to keep things simple when you drive the ball then it's probably not gonna be your favorite because shots will not land at the speed or consistency you'd like.

Last edited:
There is popular belief that black top sheet is softer and stickier, due to lack of coloring.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I forgot to use the sarcasm font. With that said though, I only buy Hurricane in black, but that’s because I prefer my forehand rubber to be black, regardless of make.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Yeah, I was being sarcastic. I forgot to use the sarcasm font. With that said though, I only buy Hurricane in black, but that’s because I prefer my forehand rubber to be black, regardless of make.

In my very short career, I have encountered rubbers which had differences due to coloring, but those were slight. One of DHS skyline, can't remember which. Older one. But I agree that OP shouldn't be bothered with colors.

Those rubbers are all about technique. You mess up, you net the ball, very little place for error. I agree, if you want to hit the ball instead of brushing, don't use Hurricane. If you don't know different between hit and brush, you shouldn't either.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
It is true that it come with one layer of boost on, and if i dont boost the rubber, i will be still able to generate lots of spin?

This user has no status.
Neo is easier to use because it feels more livelier than the version without Neo.

Also the newer H3 Neo Top Sheet are not as sticky vs the old version H3.

There are still arguments that the Red H3N or Black H3N differs slightly because of the chemical for getting the red colour topsheet. From personal experience (all based on the Orange Sponge Province Version):-
a) Red topsheet may bleed slightly when clean with rubber cleaners.
b) You don't have to worry about colour bleed on the Black version.
c) Red topsheet tends to have a better bounce when compare to the Black ones. The topsheet is a bit more supple
d) Black topsheet tends to have a stronger spin because of its stickier/tackier topsheet and harder feel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
I've been (and am) using H3Neo for years. Great rubber, but as said not as lively as classic tensors (and shouldn't be), so you either need composite blade or the classic combo would be with all wood and you get a lot of touch, feel and gears, but you need quite a bit extra power playing far from the table (so not for the BH unless you have crazily powerful one). H3Neo is in the middle between EU style tensors with non tacky rubbers and Chinese tacky rubber like H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I have used 38-41 deg Commercial Hurricane 3 NEO. The harder sponge, the more possibility you have to make it harder for your opponent. But it demands more from your skill and speed as well. Recently I bought a 729 Battle II Provincial, 40deg. After four sessions and a competition I can say that this is a bit of a favorite rubber right now. Never thought a 729 rubber could compete with the best from DHS, but this one is really nice. About 8€ more than H3N, but more control and the same spin, just a bit heavier. Buy from Aliexpress, Ali Battleship has always worked fine for me. Rubbers used with a Yinhe MC-4 carbon blade...