This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
It's a joke.

All jokes aside, a lot of people were hating on that comment when the video was initially released, calling it ridiculous marketing hype, etc. People should realize that when pros say things like that, that is relative to them. I am sure that Dima fully believed what he said about "not needing to adjust the racket angle" because he is speaking from a relative point of view - of course he doesn't mean that you could literally do whatever you wanted with the paddle and the ball will go on.

As to your question, "when your contact is too flat, the ball goes into the net"...wouldn't that be the case for any rubber?

When I used D09c I understood what Dima meant, you just don't have to be as precise as you have time to compensate because of the tack. With non sticky rubbers, especially the Tenergy series, the ball is long gone when you loop hard before you get the opportunity to compensate.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
When I used D09c I understood what Dima meant, you just don't have to be as precise as you have time to compensate because of the tack. With non sticky rubbers, especially the Tenergy series, the ball is long gone when you loop hard before you get the opportunity to compensate.

Yep, it is absolutely a fair statement in that sense, but people misinterpreted it to mean something that it did not, and then were quick to criticize Butterfly...because what else is new.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Aging is a killer
High product desirability = high selling price

Butterfly do make excellent rubbers, it is true! There blades are generally good too!

But they do deserve criticism for their pricing, but what is worse and is absolutely disgusting is their price fixing and licensing rules.

For example I can not buy Butterfly from TT11 as I do not live in Estonia.
Butterfly is the only company in TT that stops me doing this.

For this reason I despise Butterfly as a company, but sadly I have never found anything that suits me as well as Tenergy 05fx. And I think T05fx lasts longer than any other rubber I have ever tried apart from Hurricane!!

Although after trying MX-P the other day for the first time, I think I might be able to switch to it.

Any manufacturer of a highly desirable product has the same pricing policy. It's also why IPR and copyright is such big business for lawyers. Two examples:
Porsche is reputed to be the most profitable car company in the the world. In the face of a lot of competition, their selling price Vs manufacturing cost has the best ratio out there. Reason being that their cars are very desirable.
Glucosamine; Look how they have maintained it's high selling for a product that is said not to be scientifically proven.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Butterfly do make excellent rubbers, it is true! There blades are generally good too!

But they do deserve criticism for their pricing, but what is worse and is absolutely disgusting is their price fixing and licensing rules.

For example I can not buy Butterfly from TT11 as I do not live in Estonia.
Butterfly is the only company in TT that stops me doing this.

For this reason I despise Butterfly as a company, but sadly I have never found anything that suits me as well as Tenergy 05fx. And I think T05fx lasts longer than any other rubber I have ever tried apart from Hurricane!!

Although after trying MX-P the other day for the first time, I think I might be able to switch to it.

I think their pricing is fair for what you get, considering that for most of the last decade, Tenergy was FAR AND AWAY a better and more durable rubber than any competitor, and even now, the gap is still debatable but competitor rubbers are costing 55-70 Euros as well.

That being said it is anybody's right to hate Butterfly as a company, what isn't fair is to start taking that bias and applying it to whatever you feel like, such as a statement made in a promotional video that was intended to demonstrate a point rather than be unreasonably misconstrued and then framed as false advertising.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
But we do not have to like it!
I feel like Butterfly exploit me!

The thing is, they don't. They in no way force you to buy their products. You already said T05FX is one of your favorite rubbers of all time. They know that and charge accordingly. Basic economics. Or do you think that you should get the cream of the crop products and whatever price you feel like?

I don't go into a Gordon Ramsay restaurant and say I'm being extorted and should only be charged what I pay at McDonald's.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
But I do think Tenergy is better than other rubbers, it just works for me. I am sure with a bit of practice I would be just as good with Evolution or Fastarc or one of the Andros!!

I use Spinlord Keiler on bh, now they are a very unique strange pimple, nothing like them in the world. They cost less than half the price of Tenergy, and they help my game more than Tenergy does.

And why can't I buy butterfly from TT11, that is corruption basically!! So I say again Butterfly are a despicable company!

Well maybe if you didn't change your racket every few days. So if you truly believe that, then buy their products.

You can't buy their products because Butterfly didn't choose to let TT11 be an international distributor. If you think that is corruption, I don't know what to tell you. What it boils down to is what I said earlier - you think that you should be able to set the price of a product that you want, rather than the company.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Do you work for Spinlord? Your post equating a medium pips rubber to Tenergy is truly mind-boggling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Spinlord Keiler has done way more good for table tennis than Tenergy ever has!!

Yes and Spinlord is a despicable company for not selling it to me for 1.99 from my chosen retailer.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MOG, I suggest you switch hobbies to a less expensive one like cycling. :)

Since Spinlord has done so much for the whole TT world that it is more of a factor in World TT than Tenergy, I expect we will see all the top pros using it soon.

All Tenergy did was make it so people could transition from speed glue to no speed glue and make that transition smooth. But Spinlord Keiler has had a bigger effect because now, sometimes someone can return serves without knowing how to. Is that what you were saying? :)

It is tiresome to hear someone, over and over, complain about Butterfly and their pricing while still using their products. But, 99 out of 100 psychotherapists agree, there is no cure for the EJ virus. But years of therapy could give a true EJ some coping skills. Whereas, TT forums, seem to feed the virus in the worst of ways. :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
So we all need to learn how to slap every ball!! A very lightly brushed ball with lots of handspeed gave so much spin back in the day! Such a shame it is going!!
You take it for what it is... personally, I do not slap, except for high loose one's ear table.

There is a certain impact, a control of grip and fingers, a certain way to get ball to get into topsheet without a direct solid hit kind of impact.

When we do not get itinto topheet and move bat fast, ball will slip, samewhen we try that too loose at impact.

A little arc on the swing to make it like a little more shape of the ball gets the job done without much slip.

I would be a real poor man if I depended on slapping to stay in and win points.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
MOG, I suggest you switch hobbies to a less expensive one like cycling. :)

Since Spinlord has done so much for the whole TT world that it is more of a factor in World TT than Tenergy, I expect we will see all the top pros using it soon.

All Tenergy did was make it so people could transition from speed glue to no speed glue and make that transition smooth. But Spinlord Keiler has had a bigger effect because now, sometimes someone can return serves without knowing how to. Is that what you were saying? :)

It is tiresome to hear someone, over and over, complain about Butterfly and their pricing while still using their products. But, 99 out of 100 psychotherapists agree, there is no cure for the EJ virus. But years of therapy could give a true EJ some coping skills. Whereas, TT forums, seem to feed the virus in the worst of ways. :)

This is the most sensible post I have seen on this thread!

If cycling is still too exp due to price of Carbon bikes or etc, one can still indulge in the simplest form - Jogging.

:cool:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is the most sensible post I have seen on this thread!

If cycling is still too exp due to price of Carbon bikes or etc, one can still indulge in the simplest form - Jogging.

:cool:

Didn't you mean: "If cycling is still too expensive he could try something really inexpensive like Indy Cars." Right?

And if he wants something even less expensive than Indy Cars, he could look into getting himself one of Space X's rocket ships. :)

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TT can get expensive if you want it that way... and I say for 5th time this summer...

our local TT club, that is now forever closed, has several MILLIONAIRES who would wear the same $3 t-shirt EVERY DAMN DAY (often a white one) and not replace their bat's rubbers for years... and try to get ten years out of their gym shoes.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Alas! I get to play with Dignics 09C on Viscaria for a few minutes yesterday. This is my first time seeing D09C up close and personal. My impression:

1. Tacky. What tacky? Butterfly! Where is the H3 level of tack? I want my tack! I feel cheated. The rubber feels like a regular grippy ESN rubber, so why the USD 80.00 price tag?

2. You need good arm swing to engage the sponge below it. Waist / core engagement is important. Not for the weak or those used to the super-duper trampolinish effect of spring-sponge / tensor.

3. The feeling is hard and less dwell or in another word, the ball does not feel sink into the sponge very much.

Conclusion:

I am most disappointed with D09C w.r.t. its lack of tackiness.

NB: This set up belongs to another club mate.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Alas! I get to play with Dignics 09C on Viscaria for a few minutes yesterday. This is my first time seeing D09C up close and personal. My impression:

1. Tacky. What tacky? Butterfly! Where is the H3 level of tack? I want my tack! I feel cheated. The rubber feels like a regular grippy ESN rubber, so why the USD 80.00 price tag?

2. You need good arm swing to engage the sponge below it. Waist / core engagement is important. Not for the weak or those used to the super-duper trampolinish effect of spring-sponge / tensor.

3. The feeling is hard and less dwell or in another word, the ball does not feel sink into the sponge very much.

Conclusion:

I am most disappointed with D09C w.r.t. its lack of tackiness.

NB: This set up belongs to another club mate.
Not my experience at all. Grippy not tacky, feels softer than it is, loads of spin and control and pretty easy to play if you have a decent technique - best FH rubber I’ve played by far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Not my experience at all. Grippy not tacky, feels softer than it is, loads of spin and control and pretty easy to play if you have a decent technique - best FH rubber I’ve played by far.
Gozo doesn't really loop, and it's not a great hitting rubber, so not surprising that he doesn't like it.

Reactions: Wrighty67
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
You gaiz r so one directional. Always so focused on looping. It is like the be all and end all of TT universe.

I am a man on mission: A mission to make flat-hittin, smashin' & slappin de ball sexy!

#flat-slappin'issexy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67