Horrible experience by using DHS Skyline TG 3 Neo in Stiga Rosewood NCT VII

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Recently I started using Stiga Rosewood NCT VII with mantra S in both sides and it was okay type of set up not any extra ordinary . So after two months of playing I thought I need more power on forehand and just glued the DHS Skyline TG 3 rubber on forehand today and totally pissed off about the entire thing . Need your help and expert advise for rubber suggestion for Stiga Rosewood NCT vii

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I've found 38 degree Chinese rubber to be the sweet spot for the rosewood (forehand), still playing around but looking closer to 47.5 ESN stuff for backhand.

Did you tune your Skyline before playing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You moved from a modern soft rubber to one of the harder Chinese offerings. What were you expecting?

You are not going to get "power on the forehand" by changing a rubber. Work on your positioning and swing faster. TG3 holds up much better than ESN stuff on high impact speeds, but you need to be able to generate that speed yourself. Otherwise, it just feels like a dead slow rubber.

IMO it works for Xu Xin, so definitely not without merits.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
You moved from a modern soft rubber to one of the harder Chinese offerings. What were you expecting?

You are not going to get "power on the forehand" by changing a rubber. Work on your positioning and swing faster. TG3 holds up much better than ESN stuff on high impact speeds, but you need to be able to generate that speed yourself. Otherwise, it just feels like a dead slow rubber.

IMO it works for Xu Xin, so definitely not without merits.
May be you are right.However, I have to find out which one is suitable for me. Would you please extend your advise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
May be you are right.However, I have to find out which one is suitable for me. Would you please extend your advise.

Hard to give meaningful recommendations without knowing how you play and what your preferences are.

That being said, if you liked the Mantra and want faster, try the M and H versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Before you throw the rubber away considering boosting it. Even baby oil may work in your case. It won't give it truckload of speed, but it will soften up. If you are up to throwing the rubber away you have nothing to lose.

It won't do a 180, but it will help a bit.
Problem is that it's already soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Before you throw the rubber away considering boosting it. Even baby oil may work in your case. It won't give it truckload of speed, but it will soften up. If you are up to throwing the rubber away you have nothing to lose.

It won't do a 180, but it will help a bit.

The sponge should be harder than the Mantra S you used before. Maybe the topsheet is softer but I kinda doubt that.
Yes, the top sheet is softer and the sponge is harder.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
After the COVID quarantine I decided to train with Skyline 3 Neo (on a 5p all wood OFF blade)to improve my precision because this rubber seems to be quite unforgiving for bad timing, positioning, stiffness....and so on and so on. With other words-it is not an easy rubber to play with. I boosted with 4 layers of FTL and after 4-5 hours of serious training I came to a level of comfort. When I manage to forget about passive blocking and play relaxed without loosing speed , put emphasis on loop drive I actually started to like this inexpensive rubber and probably may adopt it....(after trying D80 of course

Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Sure there are faster Chinese rubbers like DHS Hurricane 3 Neo H41, Yinhe Apollo 5 and Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. But you can't compare these with Euro/Jap rubbers like Mantra or Butterfly rubbers. When playing Chinese rubbers, you'll have to move more and use your whole arm to get the power out of brush looping. I have moved from wooden blades toward carbon blades when using Chinese rubbers. I feel the effect gets a bit higher with these blades. Perhaps because the sponge gets more engaged with a stiffer blade?

Reactions: bobpuls

Jim

This user has no status.

Jim

This user has no status.
Feb 2019
There are no magical shortcuts to "get more power on forehand".

Put more time and effort into the switch to chinese. This takes time , sweat and sometimes blood.

More logical "solution" maybe would be to go for harder Mantra rubbers as your already familiar with them.

Reactions: bobpuls