Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,496 9,161
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,161 13,496

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tropical
    Does anyone know which sport channels in the USA to watch table tennis Olympics? Pay or free doesn't matter.

NBColympics.com and Comcast/Xfinity etc.

Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 223 240
    M
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 240 223

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    This is not looking good for Harimoto, his journey could be over today. Seems like he can't handle the pressure.

The Following User Likes mrk's Post:

Vlad Celler

says I am the righteousness of Christ

TTD Member 29 60
    says I am the righteousness of Christ

TTD Member 60 29
    Well well well... Harimoto's gone.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

He (Harimoto) lost to a really skillful opponent - the QF will be interesting for sure.

The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

pongfugrasshopper

Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Harimoto is out, once again he couldn't handle the pressure in a big tournament. It was obvious from yesterday he was in bad shape because he struggled and made lots of mistakes. Not sure what they did with him after WTT Contender Doha in March. If he cannot improve on this he will never win a big title.

The Following 2 Users Like mrk's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi and Vlad Celler

Last edited by mrk; 07-27-2021 at 11:40 AM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 92 207
    P
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 207 92

User Info Menu

Well done Jorgic, he is my hero , so happy not to hear screamoto more in single tournament.

The Following 3 Users Like PiZa's Post:

Ch3nM3ng, kogeh and 1 other

says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,602 3,275
    T

Master TTD Member 3,275 3,602
    Definitely Jorgic is a good player with a superb BH, very impressive

I really feel Harimoto was far from his best, Jorgic did give him a few misses but he couldn't capitalize on it. He was waaaayy too nervous
    His performance pales compared to Mizutani who was all out against Germany or China when there was no other choice.

Harimoto just became like all of us amateur players, playing worse and worse and with more fear as we enter the money time in each game.

After the 2019 exit to the young korean, yes we can say Harimoto is not of the highest class of champions unfortunately. He cannot withstand the highest pressure.

The Following 2 Users Like Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

mrk and quanghuysk

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 429 433
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 433 429

Lmao NHK is so extra
    "Mixed doubles gold medalist Mima Ito enters the stage aiming for her 2nd gold medal"

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 138 439
    B
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 439 138

User Info Menu

Jul 2012
    Great Britain
    Read 0 Reviews
    Who needs a top national coach during a crucial Olympic match when you can have a babushka as your coach leading you to victory?

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    Definitely Jorgic is a good player with a superb BH, very impressive

I really feel Harimoto was far from his best, Jorgic did give him a few misses but he couldn't capitalize on it. He was waaaayy too nervous
    His performance pales compared to Mizutani who was all out against Germany or China when there was no other choice.

Harimoto just became like all of us amateur players, playing worse and worse and with more fear as we enter the money time in each game.

After the 2019 exit to the young korean, yes we can say Harimoto is not of the highest class of champions unfortunately. He cannot withstand the highest pressure.

It is the lack of footwork and forehand under pressure. He doesn't have the tools to take the point into his own hands. Jorgic on the other hand knows that his opening is going to kill you. The difference in raw power was visible to me.

The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

mrk and Richie

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,887 5,681
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,681 7,887

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Harimoto: I love Slovenia!
    https://imgur.com/a/xAqhSx5
    Jorgic: I love Japan!
    https://imgur.com/a/kjR02Hp
    Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 429 433
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 433 429
    The way Gauzy stepped back to rip a backhand against Ma Long's forehand

The Following User Likes driversbeat's Post:

NextLevel

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews

Yes seems like his WTCC loss against An Jaehyun wasn't just a fluke for the korean. It was similar there and he confirmed later he was too nervous. He performed really good when he is/was the clear underdog - he won against some chinese in the past. If it's a must have win he struggles in big tournaments against good performing opponents. Same story in the last japan nationals, he was the clear favourite and he lost.

Takkyu_wa_inochi

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 750 1,580
    S
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,580 750
    I wouldn't say Darko played anything more exceptional then usually. Harimoto is not improving variety, he is playing all the same and players just got used to his style. If he is going to be top player he must diversify strategy point by point. I ma just thinking how they can overcome Sweden in teams competition.

The Following 2 Users Like Sali's Post:

mrk and Takkyu_wa_inochi

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 45 125
    A
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 125 45
    How did Ma Long lose that 2nd game? I didn't quite see what happened.

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel

It is the lack of footwork and forehand under pressure. He doesn't have the tools to take the point into his own hands. Jorgic on the other hand knows that his opening is going to kill you. The difference in raw power was visible to me.

Like yesterday against LAM Siu Hang. No footwork, so he stayed close to the table and mostly used his backhand. No forehand and no footwork. Simply not good enough.

NextLevel

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sali
    I wouldn't say Darko played anything more exceptional then usually. Harimoto is not improving variety, he is playing all the same and players just got used to his style. If he is going to be top player he must diversify strategy point by point. I ma just thinking how they can overcome Sweden in teams competition.

Darko is a really high quality player - Harimoto has limitations, but there is no reason Darko can't beat him. Harimoto is not that much better especially since Darko improved his backhand countering game.

Sali

Master TTD Member 3,602 3,275
    T

Master TTD Member 3,275 3,602
    Darko played really good, but you can't ignore that Harimoto played well in Doha this year and in China in December. he beated Dima, Calderano, Ma Long, Jang Woojin among others

so for me its obvious the #1 problem is a mental one. under pressure he's not playing well as the favourite.

he was also given a warning by the referee because of his loudness in game 5 iirc, he immediately lost the 3 following points as if his mind wasn't there at all.
    I think it gave him even more pressure later as well.

regarding his loss in national championship, last year to Uda it was a really tight match played at deuce in the 7th, nothing to be ashamed and nothing to do like today

and this year, he lost after playing 3 matches in the same day, the schedule was very hard. he was exhausted after playing a 7-game against a chopper and lost to Oikawa who is his training buddy (same Tleague team), so i think he has some excuses for this loss.

Harimoto had a passive / negative attitude. Jorgic had a good challenger mentality the whole game.

The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

quanghuysk

Last edited by Takkyu_wa_inochi; 07-27-2021 at 12:07 PM.

This user has no status.

N
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Darko played really good, but you can't ignore that Harimoto played well in Doha this year and in China in December. he beated Dima, Calderano, Ma Long, Jang Woojin among others

so for me its obvious the #1 problem is a mental one. under pressure he's not playing well as the favourite.

he was also given a warning by the referee because of his loudness in game 5 iirc, he immediately lost the 3 following points as if his mind wasn't there at all.
    I think it gave him even more pressure later as well.

regarding his loss in national championship, last year to Uda it was a really tight match played at deuce in the 7th, nothing to be ashamed and nothing to do like today

and this year, he lost after playing 3 matches in the same day, the schedule was very hard. he was exhausted after playing a 7-game against a chopper and lost to Oikawa who is his training buddy (same Tleague team), so i think he has some excuses for this loss.

Harimoto had a passive / negative attitude. Jorgic had a good challenger mentality the whole game.

Doha is not WTTC or Olympics. Harimoto did not lose 0-4 or 1-4 or even 2-4. He lost tight games to an opponent who matched up well with his skills. Big difference. No doubt Harimoto is the better player but the margin is not enough to escape the possibility of loss. Over time, I think people will better appreciate how strong Jorgic really is. For me losing to Jorgic is no different from losing to Jang Woojin.

Richie

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,208 6,792
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 6,792 4,208
    Wow what a result!