Senior TTD Member 1,419 938
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 938 1,419

User Info Menu

Nov 2018
    Singapore
    Read 0 Reviews
    o_O I heard the head coaches for both the men and women's teams on the Japanese side are leaving (quitting + retiring)?

says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,599 3,273
    T
    says Disciple of OYA sensei

Master TTD Member 3,273 3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Janard
    o_O I heard the head coaches for both the men and women's teams on the Japanese side are leaving (quitting + retiring)?

looks true
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/06...bf956d10180d6a

Baba (W) seems to quit, while Kurashima's(M) contract went to an end.

JTTA will make an announcement next month on who is taking over.

The Following User Likes Takkyu_wa_inochi's Post:

Vlad Celler

This user has no status.

TTD Member 60 78
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 78 60

User Info Menu

Sep 2020
    Brazil
    Read 0 Reviews

Ma Long vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov | Semifinal 2020 Olympic Games
    Telegram Channel: https://t.me/tt11tv
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: tt11.tv

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 174 581
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 581 174

User Info Menu

Jan 2012
    Former Soviet Union
    Read 0 Reviews
    https://olympics.1tv.ru/video/long/f...86%D0%B8%D1%8F

WOMEN SINGLES BRONZE MATCH. Mima at hot toes.

The Following User Likes igorponger's Post:

Vlad Celler

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 7,883 5,680
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉

Master TTD Member 5,680 7,883

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Some catching up to do.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pi...m3055790.shtml
    https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pi...m2089324.shtml
      他不认为单打银牌是种遗憾。“遗憾的话,应该是没有机会再去弥补,但这是自己第一次参加奥运会,在奥运舞台展现自己,算是刚刚上路。”

马龙在东京成为首位蝉联奥运会乒乓球单打金牌的男选手。樊振东说:“我跟马龙虽然不是一个时代的运动员,但是确实很荣幸能够跟他在这样一个时期并肩作战也好,作为对手交手也好,这对自己来说也是一笔财富。”

排名世界第一、拿到过多项大赛冠军的樊振东说,自己的巅峰期还没到来。

“技术可能到了一个比较高的高度,或者说跟世界所有一流水平选手的技术实力在伯仲之间,但是整个人的综合实力,包括比赛中的一些软实力,还有很多可以进步的空间。”樊振东说。
    He[FZD] doesn't think that the silver medal in singles is a pity. "Regrettable is when there's no second chance to make up for it, but this is my first time participating in the Olympics and showing myself on the Olympic stage. I've just hit the road."

ML became the first male player to defend the Olympic table tennis singles gold medal in Tokyo. "Although Ma Long and I are not athletes of the same era, I am indeed honored to be able to fight side by side with him in such a period, or against him as opponents. This is also a wealth for me," said FZD.

FZD, who ranks first in the world and has won many world titles, said that his peak has not yet arrived.

"Skill-wise, I may have reached a relatively high level, or rather, I'm neck and neck with all the world's top-level players in terms of technical prowess, but for my overall strength, including some soft power in the match, there is still a lot of room for improvement," said FZD.

The Following 2 Users Like zeio's Post:

NextLevel and Takkyu_wa_inochi

Race for Tokyo 2020+1 - Women's Top 11, Japan
    Time capsules - 2020, 2024, 2028

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    A recent internet poll by Sanno University among 1000 people between the age of 20-69 in Japan shows that Mizutani is the MVP of Tokyo 2020, with 177 votes(M/F: 75/102). Ito comes in 4th with 118 votes(42/76).

Ito ranks first in terms of player-specific viewership and activity satisfaction.

https://www.itmedia.co.jp/business/a...4/news095.html
    https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXZQ...20C21A8000000/

The Following 2 Users Like zeio's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi and Vlad Celler

Last edited by zeio; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:00 PM.

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

says 快、準、狠、變、轉

User Info Menu

Jan 2018
    PNG
    Read 0 Reviews
    Proof why my idol should retire, at long last.

Ishikawa's official age: 28
    Ishikawa's walking age: 35 😱
    https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/ne...00448000c.html

More details on her singles defeat to YMY.
    https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/202...164801000.html
    しかし、タイムアウト明けの相手のサーブは石川選手が「出してこないだろうと思っていた」というロングサーブ。
    不意を突かれて「プレッシャーがかかった」と自分から積極的に攻めることができず、「相手のミスを待つ形になった」と得意のラリーでポイントを失い、12対12の同点に追いつかれました。

次のプレーも「相手のフォアハンドを怖がり過ぎた」と思い切ったプレーができずに2ポイントを連続で奪われて、このゲームを落としました。再三握ったゲームポイントをものにできずに相手に流れを渡し、このあとの2ゲームも連取されて敗れた石川選手。
    あえて取ったタイムアウト明けのプレーが明暗を分ける形となりました。

今大会は初戦となった3回戦と4回戦が、いずれも苦手としてきた自身と同じ左利きの選手との対戦でした。
    「組み合わせを見たときは正直いやだなと思ったが、練習はたくさんしてきた」と、得意のフォアハンドで積極的に攻めて連勝し、準々決勝に勝ち上がりました。
    She got shit-scared by YMY's long serve after her own TO at 12:11 in G3. Then she was too scared of YMY's FH in the next 2 points and dropped the game, as well as the match.

She "hates it" the moment she saw the draw where her opponents in R3 and R4 were left-handed because she hates playing lefties.

JTTA: She is 28 and got scared? Why did we pick her? 😭

The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 65
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 8

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Portugal
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Some catching up to do.

He[FZD] doesn't think that the silver medal in singles is a pity. "Regrettable is when there's no second chance to make up for it, but this is my first time participating in the Olympics and showing myself on the Olympic stage. I've just hit the road."

ML became the first male player to defend the Olympic table tennis singles gold medal in Tokyo. "Although Ma Long and I are not athletes of the same era, I am indeed honored to be able to fight side by side with him in such a period, or against him as opponents. This is also a wealth for me," said FZD.

FZD, who ranks first in the world and has won many world titles, said that his peak has not yet arrived.

"Skill-wise, I may have reached a relatively high level, or rather, I'm neck and neck with all the world's top-level players in terms of technical prowess, but for my overall strength, including some soft power in the match, there is still a lot of room for improvement," said FZD.
    The difference in FDZ play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 65
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 8

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Portugal
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Some catching up to do.

The difference in FZD play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

This user has no status.

TTD Member 54 83
    S
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 83 54

User Info Menu

Jul 2019
    Russian Federation
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ADurao
    The difference in FZD play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

Lol, These practices are in the past, And if you're gonna hang on to your conspiracy theory, I'm gonna remind you that this "Central planning" that occured decades ago was say China had to face a very powerful opponent in the final, so the player the team heads think is more likely to lose May be asked to fold the match for "team glory", But In this situation, Ma and Fan were competing for the title not a place in the final against Tomokazu or Lin Yunju.

Secondly Ma Long already has one gold in his bag, the "logical" politics should be to allow Fan win one of his own, Or if you're thinking the plan was to ensure Ma's name was enshrined in history, I ask you why Jike Who was loved by all didn't get this "gift" especially When it was clear he was struggling to perform at the highest level for much longer due to incessant injuries, What makes Ma Long so special that he got this "gift" and not Jike if not Just a ridiculous conspiracy theory

Thirdly, Ma Long had a 16-6 head to head record against Fan in international competitions prior to the final, And the last time they met he comfortably beat Fan 4-1 in the Grand finals final, With his wealth of experience, techniques and far superior head to head record, Do you think it's impossible for Grand slam winner Ma to get one more win especially against an increasingly error prone and wild Fan playstyle?
    I say definitely not, And this is coming from a Fan Zhendong fan

The Following User Likes Shine's Post:

NextLevel

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 13,491 9,152
    N
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 9,152 13,491

User Info Menu

The simplest way to understand what happened to FZD is to look at Ma Long's career before 2015, especially his record against Wang Hao. If Ma Long could repeatedly play like crap in the biggest matches of his career against Wang Hao, what makes it so far fetched for it to happen in the OG finals for FZD vs Ma Long?

The Following User Likes NextLevel's Post:

Richie

Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 65
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 65 8

User Info Menu

Dec 2020
    Portugal
    Read 1 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shine

Lol, These practices are in the past, And if you're gonna hang on to your conspiracy theory, I'm gonna remind you that this "Central planning" that occured decades ago was say China had to face a very powerful opponent in the final, so the player the team heads think is more likely to lose May be asked to fold the match for "team glory", But In this situation, Ma and Fan were competing for the title not a place in the final against Tomokazu or Lin Yunju.

Secondly Ma Long already has one gold in his bag, the "logical" politics should be to allow Fan win one of his own, Or if you're thinking the plan was to ensure Ma's name was enshrined in history, I ask you why Jike Who was loved by all didn't get this "gift" especially When it was clear he was struggling to perform at the highest level for much longer due to incessant injuries, What makes Ma Long so special that he got this "gift" and not Jike if not Just a ridiculous conspiracy theory

Thirdly, Ma Long had a 16-6 head to head record against Fan in international competitions prior to the final, And the last time they met he comfortably beat Fan 4-1 in the Grand finals final, With his wealth of experience, techniques and far superior head to head record, Do you think it's impossible for Grand slam winner Ma to get one more win especially against an increasingly error prone and wild Fan playstyle?
    I say definitely not, And this is coming from a Fan Zhendong fan

Fan is a rebellious player, plays with Butterfly and is sponsored by Stiga. does as it pleases, up to a point. Ma Long is a player fully sponsored by Chinese products. DHS is a company with a huge influence in China and it certainly wants brand that China stands to gain from Ma Long's victory. The economic difference for China from Ma Long winning over Fan is huge. this is not a theory, it is a fact. Table Tennis mixes with a lot of money. Only a very innocent and believing person thinks the final wasn't decided before the game started. (Ma Long was totally distressed to pass the Dima, and it wouldn't look bad if he had lost. The Fan totally crushed Dima Ovtacharov)
    Last edited by ADurao; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:28 AM.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657