Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
https://www.gq.com.tw/entertainment/article/林昀儒-桌球
回想起這次的奧運歷程,林昀儒表示,面對四年一遇的大賽,起初就告訴自己一定要把握好機會。與鄭怡靜為奧運首度新增的桌球混雙項目備戰近三年,這組「姊弟」搭檔一路從生疏到默契滿分,不僅在賽場上屢創佳績,場下也成為互相勉勵的好友。「混雙拿到牌之後,打單打就更好釋放自己。不管怎麼樣,也不會空著手回去。」林昀儒說,「只有三四名那場,可能離獎牌很近了,心態可能沒那麼好。不然除了那一場,自己這次的心理表現都還算不錯。」言語之間,仍能感受到他對於錯過4個賽末點、遭奧恰洛夫(Dimitrij Ovtcharov)逆轉的單打銅牌戰有些自責。

「我們打過很多次,其實我贏的次數也比較多,所以心想好像有機會。但在奧運好像特別不能有這種心態出現吧,想越多,越容易影響到場上表現⋯⋯可能還是太沒經驗了。」憶起那場比賽,林昀儒坦言自己從領先到被對手追上時,心裡有點動搖,「那時會想著:打這個落點就好了——但其實自己是有能力去打更好的落點的。」他說,在機會轉瞬即逝的桌球賽場上,高手過招,絕不容許半點遲疑,一旦心頭有雜念,便會影響身體下意識的擊球結果。

輸掉這場球後,與單打銅牌擦肩的林昀儒不僅沒有垂頭喪氣,反倒很快調整好自己的心情,在團體賽再度碰上奧恰洛夫時,快意復仇。「那場第四局也是原本10:9領先,後來被逆轉回來;但這次第五局,我就保持比較積極的心態去打,該堅持的還是堅持下來。」從這短短四天內心態的迅速調整,足見其心理素質之強大。林昀儒說,未來將持續強化自己的心態掌握,「在重要的比賽,不管贏下來或輸掉,都會有讓自己成長的地方。球練得更好,增加自信,也是讓心態更好的辦法。」

19歲便拿下奧運獎牌、並受到大眾矚目,林昀儒說自己沒有特別感覺,只提醒自己:「要更努力,不要只是曇花一現」。儘管總是話不多、情緒也少有波動,然而,這位剛滿20歲的少年心中所想的,就如同他在賽場上的表現那般,深不可測的成熟。
Recalling his Olympic journey, Lin Yun-ru said that facing the once-in-four-year competition, he told himself at first that he must seize the opportunity. Having prepared for nearly 3 years with Cheng I-ching for the first new Olympics mixed doubles event, this "sister-brother" pair has gone from zero to perfect chemistry. Not only have they achieved great results on the court, they have also become friends who encourage each other off the court. "After getting a medal in the mixed doubles, it is easier to release yourself in singles. No matter what, I won't go back empty-handed." Lin Yunru said, "only in that bronze medal match, perhaps it was very close to the medal, my mindset was not that good. Otherwise, except for that one, my psychological performance this time is not bad." Still, reading between the lines, I can feel he blames himself slightly about missing 4 match points against Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

"We have played many times before. In fact, I have won more, so I thought there was a chance. But in the Olympics, it seems that this mindset must not arise. The more you think about it, the more likely the performance gets affected on the court...Perhaps I’m still too inexperienced." Recalling that match, Lin Yun-ru admitted when he went from leading to being overtaken, he felt a little shaken, thinking "if only I aimed for that spot--when actually he has the ability to aim for a better spot." He said that in table tennis where opportunities are fleeting, when masters cross swords, there is no room for hesitation. Once there are distracting thoughts in the mind, the shot gets affected at the subconscious level.

After losing that match, Lin Yun-ru, who was just a breath away from the singles bronze medal, not only did not lose his spirit, but quickly adjusted his mood, and when he met Ovtcharov again in the team, he got a sweet revenge. "In the 4th game, I was also 10:9 in the lead, and was subsequently reversed; but this time in the 5th game, I played with a more positive attitude, and stuck it out in the end." The rapid psychological adjustment within just 4 days shows his psychological tenacity. Lin Yun-ru says that in the future, he will continue to strengthen his mindset management. "In important matches, win or lose, there will be room for you to grow. Improving your skills can increase self-confidence. It is also a way to make your mindset better."

At the age of 19, he has already won an Olympic medal and attracted the attention of the public. Lin Yun-ru says that he does not feel special, and only reminds himself: "gotta work harder, and not just a flash in the pan." Although a man of few words and mood swings, what goes through the mind of the young 20-year-old is just as unfathomably mature as his performance on the court.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Good afternoon Shine, both our opinions are merely speculative and personal. I keep my overcoat because I know the Chinese hierarchy well and I have business relations with China. You as a Russian citizen should have more empathy for my opinion. I also know Russian politics.

Chinese Hierarchy Will not prioritize DHS interests over team, that the whole world does Business with China - should only give the world an insight into future "Business" practices and trends of China, not conspiracies into sports planning and the likes of it.
I'll ask you a question though and i hope you can answer, How many Civil wars (Chinese - Chinese) matches do you think hae have en planned in recent years, what were your findings, How did you deduce such "planning" priorities, what methods.
Was the recent match were ML had numerous match points but fluffed it planned?, Was Chen Meng Olympic win planned, Was Jike and Long final 5 years ago planned, Was Ma Long 16- 5 record before the final planned??
You seem to insinuate Ma Long is Some fish outta the water Here given a gift of winning the Olympics and not a 3 times world champion and multiple Olympic golds champion, I hope you do take your time to answer my questions, Thank You.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
https://www.gq.com.tw/entertainment/article/林昀儒-桌球

Recalling his Olympic journey, Lin Yun-ru said that facing the once-in-four-year competition, he told himself at first that he must seize the opportunity. Having prepared for nearly 3 years with Cheng I-ching for the first new Olympics mixed doubles event, this "sister-brother" pair has gone from zero to perfect chemistry. Not only have they achieved great results on the court, they have also become friends who encourage each other off the court. "After getting a medal in the mixed doubles, it is easier to release yourself in singles. No matter what, I won't go back empty-handed." Lin Yunru said, "only in that bronze medal match, perhaps it was very close to the medal, my mindset was not that good. Otherwise, except for that one, my psychological performance this time is not bad." Still, reading between the lines, I can feel he blames himself slightly about missing 4 match points against Dimitrij Ovtcharov.

"We have played many times before. In fact, I have won more, so I thought there was a chance. But in the Olympics, it seems that this mindset must not arise. The more you think about it, the more likely the performance gets affected on the court...Perhaps I’m still too inexperienced." Recalling that match, Lin Yun-ru admitted when he went from leading to being overtaken, he felt a little shaken, thinking "if only I aimed for that spot--when actually he has the ability to aim for a better spot." He said that in table tennis where opportunities are fleeting, when masters cross swords, there is no room for hesitation. Once there are distracting thoughts in the mind, the shot gets affected at the subconscious level.

After losing that match, Lin Yun-ru, who was just a breath away from the singles bronze medal, not only did not lose his spirit, but quickly adjusted his mood, and when he met Ovtcharov again in the team, he got a sweet revenge. "In the 4th game, I was also 10:9 in the lead, and was subsequently reversed; but this time in the 5th game, I played with a more positive attitude, and stuck it out in the end." The rapid psychological adjustment within just 4 days shows his psychological tenacity. Lin Yun-ru says that in the future, he will continue to strengthen his mindset management. "In important matches, win or lose, there will be room for you to grow. Improving your skills can increase self-confidence. It is also a way to make your mindset better."

At the age of 19, he has already won an Olympic medal and attracted the attention of the public. Lin Yun-ru says that he does not feel special, and only reminds himself: "gotta work harder, and not just a flash in the pan." Although a man of few words and mood swings, what goes through the mind of the young 20-year-old is just as unfathomably mature as his performance on the court.

I don't believe Lin though, Olympics is no pressure, This sounds like Planning

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
Screenshot_20211003-103835_Samsung Internet.jpg

Shine;353478

Chinese Hierarchy Will not prioritize DHS interests over team, that the whole world does Business with China - should only give the world an insight into future "Business" practices and trends of China, not conspiracies into sports planning and the likes of it.
I'll ask you a question though and i hope you can answer, How many Civil wars (Chinese - Chinese) matches do you think hae have en planned in recent years, what were your findings, How did you deduce such "planning" priorities, what methods.
Was the recent match were ML had numerous match points but fluffed it planned?, Was Chen Meng Olympic win planned, Was Jike and Long final 5 years ago planned, Was Ma Long 16- 5 record before the final planned??
You seem to insinuate Ma Long is Some fish outta the water Here given a gift of winning the Olympics and not a 3 times world champion and multiple Olympic golds champion, I hope you do take your time to answer my questions, Thank You.

this is the president of china Xi Jinping, looks like a clone of Ma Long! The answer must be here

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
this is the president of china Xi Jinping, looks like a clone of Ma Long! The answer must be here

Found the right wing nuthead, several other people here have opined that the with the prevailing circumstances and head to head record and performances the win was real, but y'all remain dyed in the wool as always. Waste of time engaging with you in the first place.

Jan 2018
After the WT final at Tokyo 2020, Li Sun told the media they had been living in fear the past 5 years because of Japan. With Hayata winning 5 titles in Doha in a span of 2 weeks, here's to 3 more years of living in fear.

Ishikawa: "Living in fear because of Japan..." That means me, right?
Li Sun: Ito and Hirano have made great progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVe1y1itoDI
https://news.sina.com.cn/c/2021-08-05/doc-ikqcfncc1171906.shtml
3比0战胜日本女乒后,中国女乒主教练李隼感叹这枚金牌来之不易,“这5年来我们每一天都在担惊受怕,真正到了搏命的时候,这些年轻队员做得确实不错。”

日本队赛后离场时,中国队起立向她们鼓掌。在李隼看来,日本队是一个非常值得尊敬的对手,“能看出来,从单打到团体,伊藤(伊藤美诚)在这么短时间内完全用了不一样的战术。”除了伊藤美诚,李隼称赞平野美宇进步也很大,在场上的控制和对球的理解都有很大进步。

总结队员表现时,李隼直言替陈梦、孙颖莎和王曼昱这几个年轻队员感到高兴,“她们都是第一次参加奥运会,能完成这个任务真不容易。而且我们能在奥运会的赛场上完成新老交替,也是非常荣幸的。”李隼表示,队员们在场上都有一股坚定的信念,大家都坚信决不能在自己这一代人身上把国乒队的优良传统、优良作风和出色的成绩丢掉。

至此,东京奥运会乒乓球女子比赛全部结束,国乒队连续4届奥运会拿到女团金牌,日本女队也继伦敦之后又一次收获团体银牌。在李隼看来,日本队将是中国女乒一个长期的对手,“我们这些年轻队员为什么成长这么快,跟日本队有很大关系。我们每天都在琢磨这个,每天都在担惊受怕,每天都在惊恐当中。真正到了搏命的时候,这些年轻队员做得确实不错。”
After the 3-0 victory over Japan's women's team, China's women's team coach Li Sun lamented the hard-won gold medal, "We have been living in fear every day for the past 5 years. When it came to life and death, these young players did a good job."

When Team Japan left the arena after the match, Team China gave them a standing ovation. In Li Sun's view, Team Japan is a very respectable opponent. "It can be seen that from singles to team, Ito has used completely different tactics in such a short period of time." Other than Ito, Li Sun praised Hirano for also making great progress, both on the control of flow and comprehension of table tennis.

When summarizing the performance of the team members, Li Sun bluntly said that he was happy for the young players Chen Meng, Sun Yingsha and Wang Manyu, "they are all participating in the Olympic Games for the first time. It is really not easy to complete this task. It’s also a great honour we finished the renewal of team members on the stage of Olympic Games.” Li Yan said that the players had a firm belief on the court. Everyone firmly believed that we must not lose the fine tradition, fine style and outstanding results of the CNT in our own generation.

So far, the women’s table tennis competition in the Tokyo Olympics is over. The CNT has won the women’s team gold medal for 4 consecutive Olympic Games. The JNT has also won the team silver medal again after London. In Li Sun’s view, Team Japan will be a long-term opponent for the China's women’s team. "Why do our young players grow so fast? It has a lot to do with Team Japan. We are pondering this every day, living in fear. When it came to life and death, these young players did a good job."

https://www.thepaper.cn/newsDetail_forward_13907116
“日本队值得我们尊重,她们在不断地向国乒发起挑战,伊藤团体和单打就完全用了不一样的战术。”
"JNT deserves our respect. They are constantly challenging the CNT. Ito used completely different tactics in the team and singles events."

Jan 2018
Cm: 27.7(+0.5-1.5) 😉

Precision matters. 🧐

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Found the right wing nuthead, several other people here have opined that the with the prevailing circumstances and head to head record and performances the win was real, but y'all remain dyed in the wool as always. Waste of time engaging with you in the first place.

Good morning Shine, I have no problem giving and receiving opinions about material, it even helps me a lot to decide what I'm going to buy to try out. We are talking about a gold medal in the Olympic games where I believe the final was combined with Ma Long winning! My basis for saying this is that first Ma Long didn't win the semi-final, Dima lost it. Watch the game and I'm even sorry that Dima failed so much. In the final Ma Long played against FZD that until this game was a hellish machine, without mercy from the opponent and reaches the Final and looks like a little lamb! In the game after the Final he crushes Dima. Is not strange? We are talking about a player with a lot of experience, used from the age of 16 to grand finals. My opinion remains and I accept that there are other opinions! But they don't change mine and I don't want to change the others! I'm not a kid, I'm 46 years old and I don't consider myself very stupid.

Big hug and I always count on your opinions to help me about material.

Jan 2018
Other than Ito, Li Sun praised Hirano for also making great progress, both on the control of flow and comprehension of table tennis.
Speak of the devil. Hirano touches on her comprehension of table tennis in a recent in-depth interview.

https://thedigestweb.com/topics_detail13/id=47008?open=on
https://www.hokto-kinoko.co.jp/kinokolabo/go-sports/70277/
――パリ五輪が3年後ですが、そこを見据えてこういうことをやっていきたいというものはありますか?

「今回、試合の前に卓球の映像を毎日ものすごく見ました。練習は変わらずやっていたのですが、以前の私は映像を見ることは少なかったと思います。今回はオリンピック前から自分の打っているところや、対戦相手の試合を毎日見るようにしていました。色んな国の選手の試合を一回り見て頭に入れておくことができたので、試合前にバタバタすることもなく、しっかり戦術が立てられました。また、そのおかげで卓球への理解が深まった気がするので、今後も継続していきたいと思っています」

――今後、肉体面で改善していきたい点や、ここを鍛えていきたいという課題はありますか?

「筋肉量がなかなか増えづらく、体脂肪が上がりやすかったりするので、体脂肪を下げて筋力を上げたいというのが目標です。でも、筋肉は努力しないとつかないですし、食べ過ぎてしまっても脂肪が多くつくので、自分のベスト体重をコントロールするのがとても難しいしです。ただ、でもコントロールできた時はすごく卓球も調子がいいので、継続していきたいですね」

――筋肉をつけるにあたり、食事で意識していることは?

「普段はタンパク質をしっかり摂ることを意識しています。栄養士さんにいくら練習やトレーニングをしてもタンパク質が足りないと筋力がつかないと言われました。また、それに加えて野菜も意識的に食べています。特に色の濃い野菜、ほうれん草とかモロヘイヤがあると全然違うと思うので、必ず1食に1つ入れるようにしています」

――東京五輪に引き続き、9月からTリーグが始まりましたが、リーグに参戦し、卓球を盛り上げていくことに関してはどのようにお考えですか?

「今、卓球界がすごく新しい時代に入ったと思うのですが、もっと盛り上げたい部分がもたくさんあります。せっかくオリンピックで見てくださる方が増えたので、そういう方が見に来てくださるようなリーグにしたいなと思います。

個人的には、卓球について発信するのはもちろんですが、私は卓球以外のこと、例えばアイドルや、美容院に行くことも好きなので、そういう卓球以外の部分も発信して、そういう部分で興味を持っていただける方も増えてほしいと思っています」

――卓球に置いて個人としてレベルアップしていきたいところはどこでしょうか?

「個人としては今回、本当に久しぶりに自分の力を出せたなっていう試合ができたので、やっぱりこの感覚は忘れずに持っておきたいですし、すごく自信になりましたし、楽しかった。なので、もっともっと卓球の理解を深めて、技術や戦術や自分の考え方も一流になれるような選手に成長していけたらいいなと思います」

――現在平野選手はもちろん、石川佳純選手、伊藤美誠選手や早田ひな選手など、強い選手がたくさんいると思いますが、こうやって色んな選手が出てくる卓球界についてどう思いますか?

「私たちの世代はとても強いですし、同年代、他の世代にもたくさん強い選手が出てきているので、本当に卓球界としてはすごくいいと思う反面、自分がそこでやっぱり勝たないと意味がないと思うので、その中で一番の選手になりたいですね」
――The Paris Olympics are 3 years from now. Is there anything you would like to do with that in mind?

"This time, I watched a lot of table tennis footage every day before the competition. I practiced the same, but I think I rarely watched the footage before. This time, I watched my match videos and those of my opponents every day before the Olympics. I was able to take a look at the matches of players from various countries and memorize them, so I didn't flutter before the matches and properly devised the game plan. I feel that it has deepened my understanding of table tennis, so I would like to continue to do so in the future. "

――Are there any issues you would like to work on in the future, like in terms of the body?

"It's hard to gain muscle mass and it's easy to increase body fat, so my goal is to lower body fat and increase muscle strength. But I have to work hard to gain muscle, and if I eat too much I gain fat, so I have to control my ideal weight, but when I can control it, my table tennis would be in good shape, so I want to continue."

――What are you conscious of in your diet when building muscle?

"I'm usually conscious of getting enough protein. I was told by a dietitian that no matter how much I practice and train, I won't gain muscle strength if I don't get enough protein. In addition, I also consciously eat vegetables. Especially when I have dark-colored vegetables such as spinach and moroheiya, I think it's completely different, so I always put one in each meal."

――Following the Tokyo Olympics, the T.League started in September. What are your thoughts on participating in the league and popularizing table tennis?

"I think the table tennis world has entered a very new era, but there are many areas that I would like to see become more exciting. Since the number of people watching table tennis in the Olympics has increased, I want such people to come see the league.

Personally, it's a given to write about table tennis, but I also like idols and beauty salons, so I also write about stuff other than table tennis. I hope people who are interested in those increases."

――Personally, where do you want to improve on in table tennis?

"Personally, this was a competition where I was able to exert my strength for the first time in a long time, so I want to remember this feeling, and I became very confident and enjoyed it. Therefore, I hope to further deepen my comprehension of table tennis, so that I can become a top-class player with my skills, tactics and ideas."

——Besides you, Ishikawa, Ito, Hayata et al., there are many strong players now. What do you think of such a table tennis world where various players arise?

"Our generation is very strong, and whether from the same era or other generations, many strong players have also emerged, which is really great for the table tennis world, but on the other hand, if I still can’t win there, it’s meaningless, so I want to become the best player among them."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Good morning Shine, I have no problem giving and receiving opinions about material, it even helps me a lot to decide what I'm going to buy to try out. We are talking about a gold medal in the Olympic games where I believe the final was combined with Ma Long winning! My basis for saying this is that first Ma Long didn't win the semi-final, Dima lost it. Watch the game and I'm even sorry that Dima failed so much. In the final Ma Long played against FZD that until this game was a hellish machine, without mercy from the opponent and reaches the Final and looks like a little lamb! In the game after the Final he crushes Dima. Is not strange? We are talking about a player with a lot of experience, used from the age of 16 to grand finals. My opinion remains and I accept that there are other opinions! But they don't change mine and I don't want to change the others! I'm not a kid, I'm 46 years old and I don't consider myself very stupid.

Big hug and I always count on your opinions to help me about material.

Considering Dima out Lin Yun Jun in Bronze game, and Lin Yun Jun won the game with Dima in group later, there is nothing strange. Apparently the point is Dima, not Ma Long or FZD or Lin Yun Jun, and Dima is 33 y/o.

The speculation is not fair to those players, and the semi-final between Dima and Ma long is a very good game.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoass
Jan 2018
Added the following part of Hirano's interview to my previous post.
——Besides you, Ishikawa, Ito, Hayata et al., there are many strong players now. What do you think of such a table tennis world where various players arise?

"Our generation is very strong, and whether from the same era or other generations, many strong players have also emerged, which is really great for the table tennis world, but on the other hand, if I still can’t win there, it’s meaningless, so I want to become the best player among them."

Ishikawa: "Our generation" includes me, right?
FZD: ML and I aren't from the same era.
Ishikawa: But LGL regards CM as a youngster.
FZD: *Sigh*...

Jan 2018
Hayata's interview with Number after Tokyo 2020 and WTTC 2021 trial on improving her ability to cope with different players and the side effect of training with male players, and how she would hit at 100% against CNT players in general but would also hit at 60-70% depending on the specific players and focus on shot path, rotation, and pace, then turn to her strong FH drive from the mid range.

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/849940
五輪直後から強化したのは“対応力の幅”

今年11月に開催される世界選手権ヒューストン大会はシングルスの代表枠が5枠あり、女子は東京五輪でメダルを獲得した伊藤、石川、平野の3人がすでに代表に決定。残りの2枠を代表選考合宿のリーグ戦で争うこととなった。

そこには各年代の全国大会で優勝した中学生や高校生らも出場し、現在世界ランキング26位('21年9月現在)で日本女子6番手の早田は、自分よりランキングが下の選手と戦う場面が多かった。

そうなることを見据えた早田陣営は東京五輪直後から、対応力の幅を広げるための強化に乗り出していた。

「相手のボールがチャンスボールのように見えたとしても、回転によってはピンチなボールだと自分では思うようにして、丁寧にコースを突いたり打球に回転をかけたりしました。その結果、凡ミスがすごく少なくなって、自分が思っていた以上に楽に勝てました」

パリ五輪出場を目指す早田は日頃から世界を意識し、特に最強軍団の中国との対戦を想定してパワーのある男子の練習パートナーと打ち合っている。そのためパワーの少ない女子選手とラリーをするとボールが軽く感じ、早田の打球が飛び過ぎてしまうことがあるのだ。

この課題を見事克服し、世界選手権の代表権を獲得した早田は言う。

「中国人選手と戦うときは100%のパワーで強打していくんですが、相手によっては60~70%くらいの力で打って、その中でコース、回転量、緩急などを工夫しながら、自分の強みである中陣からのパワードライブを打ち込んでいます」

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
In an interview with Sport Hochi, Harimoto reveals the anxiety he faced leading up to Tokyo 2020 and talks about his future prospect beyond Mizutani's legacy.

https://hochi.news/articles/20211015-OHT1T51192.html?page=1
 18歳で出場した初めての五輪は、怖さも感じた舞台だった。シングルスは4回戦敗退。世界選手権とも違った相手の気迫に驚かされた。試合前の待ち時間もいつも以上に長く感じた。重圧は準備段階から感じていたのかもしれない。「大会前から正直、状態が良くなかった」と打ち明ける。その一つの例が、ラケットの試行錯誤だったという。

「3月頃からラケットのグリップに悩んで、それが続いてしまった。大会中に2本目を使ったこともなかったのに、シングルスの初戦から団体戦の最後までに4、5本替えて。試合の1分前まで決められなかったこともありました。ラケットの形は変わってないし、今までは気になったことがなかった。もっといいボールを打ちたい、五輪で絶対に勝ちたいと考えすぎてしまった結果、感覚がおかしくなったんだと思います」

「今は早くパリ五輪に出たい気持ちが強い。どの大会よりもプレッシャーはあるけど、勝った時の周りの反応や自分の達成感はレベルが違う。これが五輪だなっていう魅力を初めて知ったので、出ずにはいられないし、出られる限りは毎回出たい。年齢を考えた時に33歳の2036年までは絶対に出たい。37歳でも可能性はあると思うので、今の気持ちとしてはそこまでは目指したいなと思います」

「水谷さんはベンチにいて一言かけてくれるだけで心強いし、勝っても負けても、戦いぶりを見ていると安心感をもらえる。そこまでいくと究極の選手なんだなと感じた。今の自分はまだ勝つことでしか貢献できないけど、水谷さんというお手本がいる。団体戦ではチームを引っ張る立場でいないといけないし、シングルスは常にどの日本人選手よりもいい結果を残さないとそういう目で見てもらえない。新しい戦いがこれから始まると思っています」
Participating in the Olympics for the first time at the age of 18, it was a terrifying stage. Losing in the 4th round of singles, he was shocked by the spirit of his opponents, which was different from the World Championships. The waiting time before the match was longer than usual as well. The pressure may have been felt from the preparatory stage. "Honestly, I wasn't in good shape before the tournament," he confessed. One example is the trial and error of rackets.

"I was worried about the racket grip from around March, and that continued. Even though I had never used a second one during a tournament, I changed 4 or 5 from the first match of singles to the end of the team event. Sometimes I couldn't decide until the last minute. The shape of the racket hadn't changed and I'd never cared about it until now. I wanted to hit a better shot, and the thought of wanting to win at the Olympics was too much. As a result, I think the feeling had gone crazy."

"Now I have a strong desire to go to the Paris Olympics sooner. There is more pressure than any competition, but the reaction around me when I win and my sense of accomplishment are at different levels. I can't help but want to go every time as long as I can go. When I think about my age, I definitely want to go until 2036, when I'll be 33 years old. I think there is a possibility even at the age of 37, so my current feeling right now is to aim for that.

"Mizutani-san is reassuring by merely saying a word on the bench, and win or lose, it feels reassuring just by seeing his fight. I felt that he was the ultimate player when he reached that point. Even though I can only contribute by winning now, I have him as a role model. In the team event, I have to be in a position to lead the team, and in singles if I don't always produce better results than any Japanese player, then I won't get the same respect. I think a new battle is about to begin."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018
Ishikawa struggling. 2-2 against Paranang and looking impatient.

lmao at Hiroko being baffled by Ishikawa coach's timeout choices
My idol says Cisco helped her so much in that R3 match. Makes me wonder what Cisco came up with for the QF match to lose so badly?

OTOH, Harimoto says he had seen the big data before the match and so he regrouped after G1 and made a comeback against Ovtcharov.

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/table-tennis/3737665/
 五輪では試合前に対戦相手を映像で確認した。〝ルーティン〟のように欠かさず行ったが、特に役立ったのはシングルス初戦となった3回戦だったという。「対戦したことがなかったので、癖とかが分からなかった。今まで以上にサーブ、レシーブ、コース取りというのをしっかり見ることができたので、試合にすごく生かせました」

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2021/10/21/0014779864.shtml
 東京五輪までは、同社のデータ分析システムを用い、端末アプリで対戦相手の試合映像や戦術データを参照。特に団体準決勝のドイツ戦(チームは1-3で敗戦)では、元世界1位のオフチャロフとの対戦で第1ゲームを取られてから逆転したが、「改めて試合前にデータを見ていた分、2ゲーム目から立て直して逆転できたのが印象深い」とデータの効用があったことを明かした。

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/sports/table-tennis/3737779/
 データ分析については、自身が打つコースの傾向を調べることに活用したという。さらに「相手の得意なコース、意外とバックハンドが得意と思っていた相手がフォアの得点が多いこともあった。そういうのはデータを見て再認識させられた点もあって、そういうところが試合につながりました」と振り返る。

More:
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/tabletennis/news/2021/10/021087.html
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2021/10/21/kiji/20211021s00026000375000c.html
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2210948/full/

Jan 2018
Ito finally mentions Hirano as the impetus behind her transformation in an interview with Table Tennis Kingdom. Needless to say, she has claimed after Tokyo 2020 to beat as many CNT players and win both singles and doubles at the upcoming WTTC Houston.

https://world-tt.com/blog/news/archives/13266
「リオ五輪のあとに平野選手が勝っていく姿、
アジア選手権でも私が負けたあとに
3人の中国選手を倒して優勝していく姿を見て、
自分自身を変えようと思いました」(伊藤)
"The appearance of Hirano winning after the Rio Olympics,
after I lost in the Asian Championship and
seeing her defeat 3 CNT players to win the championship,
I wanted to change myself" (Ito)

Will see what excuses she comes up with when she fails.

https://news.sina.com.cn/c/2021-08-01/doc-ikqciyzk8777375.shtml
伊藤美诚:败给孙颖莎只发挥出了20%到30%的实力

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/849581?page=2
 実は東京五輪期間中、伊藤は足の痛みのため歩くのもやっとという状態のときがあった。

混合ダブルス決勝時にできた親指のマメを悪化させ、シングルスでは痛み止めを飲みながらの満身創痍の戦いをしいられた。準決勝で中国の孫穎莎に敗れたものの、3位決定戦ではユ・モンユー(シンガポール)に勝利し、日本女子として五輪シングルス初のメダル獲得という快挙を達成。団体戦では第2試合のシングルスというエース対決を任され、2012年ロンドン五輪、2016年リオ五輪に続く3大会連続のメダル獲得に大きく貢献した。

二人三脚で歩んできた母・美乃りさんや松崎太佑コーチら、家族やスタッフの支えはもちろん、裏方としてチームをサポートしていた早田の存在が、非常に心強かったと振り返る。伊藤はその献身的なサポートに感謝の言葉を惜しまない。

Last edited:
Jan 2018
FZD looks back on Tokyo 2020.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/jg9ovfrsq5f0X2ju1LiBVg
https://weibo.com/3329910664/KEQoIrqeq
★《乒乓世界》:樊振东所说的“经历过才有的感悟”都有哪些?
☆樊振东:以前我以为奥运会上对手也还是那些对手,但经历了才知道,对手的发挥和战斗力能超出想象,不管是平时我好打还是不好打的对手,都能爆发出潜力。奥运会这个舞台大家都非常珍惜,面对所有情况都会去想办法取胜。第一次有这种感触是看郑荣植对吉奥尼斯的比赛,他在大分1比3、小分4:10落后的情况下赢了回来,当时我的比赛就在他旁边,我还没上场他就在打,我快打完了他还在打,我在旁边场地都能感受到他对胜利的渴望。奥运会这个舞台真正能把大家的小宇宙全部调动起来,但我感觉到,奥运会又会让人有点紧,这个过程是从最开始不是特别敢完全释放,到大家都拼命去发挥出自己的优势,打到最后就有了打内心打得刺刀见红的感觉。

★《乒乓世界》:打半决赛的樊振东是怎样的状态?
☆樊振东:其实抽签一出来我就觉得林昀儒的那个1/4区非常强,谁想打出来都得杀出一条血路(林昀儒所在区其他三位种子选手为:尼日利亚选手阿鲁纳、英格兰选手皮切福德、日本选手张本智和)。果然在半决赛碰到杀出来的林昀儒,自己就打得不是特别舒服,他的前三板和接发球拧拉给自己造成很大威胁,非常具有攻击性,那天他的斗志也和以前不一样,是我跟他交手这么多次中,他取胜欲望最强的一次。我这边就是发挥正常,有一些做得不好的是调动不够快,一上来就丢了第一局;还有中间有一局8:5领先、一局9:5领先,感觉自己已经控制住了比赛,但这时林昀儒会通过前三板的战术让我进入不了相持,比分被追回来后自己就有了心态上的变化。这两局其实很像,不是自己打得多不好,是处理球的严谨上和胆大心细方面做得不够。反而到了第七局我0:2落后,一些接发球直接拧包括直接拧开正手的球打出来了,人没有软。属于犯过错误以后,自己再面对机会能够咬牙下手。

★《乒乓世界》:男单决赛对阵马龙,当时你在赛场上是什么感觉?
☆樊振东:这场决赛给我的感觉是,马龙在技术上没有那么多和以往不一样的,但他的发挥、内心上的准备、对比赛的解读、在场上准备的方案,这些和他平时比赛不太一样。而我这边确实像(刘国梁)主席和教练们之前提醒的那样,平时落后几分不会这么在意,在奥运会上落后就感觉很有压力。
这场男单决赛一开局马龙就带着“套路”、带着他希望比赛形成的局面而来,我觉得他同时也完全做好了硬碰硬的准备。而我在准备和解读比赛上有一些误差,我总想着让每一个球进入相持,但球总要经过前三板才会进入到相持,前面部分没做好,打到相持阶段自己的发挥也会打折扣。比赛一上来的相互制约和牵制,自己做得确实不够。
这场男单决赛除了第一局比分差距比较大,后面三四局关键的时候,其实比分都差的不多,我感觉自己落后一两个球,虽然一直咬着,但始终追不回来,这也是整场比赛给我的最大感受。到现在再想这场决赛,我整个比赛都在被马龙牵着打,他想打相持了我们就打相持,他想变化打短球我们就打短球,我自己始终没有一套东西去制约他。

★《乒乓世界》:这场决赛前相信你也有自己的一套“剧本”,没有按照你的设想进行,主要问题出现在哪里?
☆樊振东:主要是比分给我带来的压力。自己有一点点机会的时候就是第二局,10:8领先,然后打到10平后赢下来,包括第三局开始也有机会,6平以后自己有一些无谓失误。那时候感觉自己刚咬下第二局,大比分来到1比1,想着倒顺了这口气再拼,就这么一个想法让对手抓住,无论比分是领先还是落后,马龙始终让我有种追赶的感觉。
★Table Tennis World: What are the "insights you can only understand after experiencing" mentioned by Fan Zhendong?
☆Fan Zhendong: I used to think that the opponents in the Olympics were still those opponents, but after experiencing it, I realized that the opponents' performance and combat strength can exceed imagination. No matter the opponents that I usually handle well or not, they can unlock their potential. Everyone cherishes the Olympic stage very much and will try to win in all situations. The first time I had this feeling was watching Jeoung Youngsik's game against Gionis. He came back from a 1-3, 4:10 deficit. My match was next to his and he was already playing before I started. He was still playing when I was almost finished, and I could feel his desire for victory from my court. The Olympic stage can really mobilize everyone’s inner cosmos, yet I feel that the Olympics will make people a little bit tight. This process starts from the very beginning, where you are not particularly daring to release it completely, until everyone is desperately trying to play their best, that at the very end it comes down to the psyche where there is this all-or-nothing sensation.

★Table Tennis World: What is the state of Fan Zhendong in the semifinal?
☆Fan Zhendong: Actually, as soon as the draw came out, I felt that Lin Yun-ju’s quarter was very strong, and anyone who wanted to advance would have to fight their way out(the other 3 seeded players in Lin Yunru’s quarter are: Nigeria’s Aruna, Great Britain's Pitchford, Japan's Harimoto). Sure enough, when I met Lin Yun-ju who made it out in the semifinal, I was not particularly comfortable playing him. His third ball attacks and chiquitas posed a great threat to me, chock-full of aggression. His fighting spirit that day was different from before. His desire to win was the strongest out of our many encounters. On my side, it was business as usual. Some of the things I didn’t do well were that I didn’t mobilize fast enough, and I lost the first game immediately. There was also a game in which I led 8:5 and another game in which I led 9:5, where I felt like I was in control, but Lin Yun-ju would use the third ball attacks to stop me from entering the rallies. After the score was even, my mind wavered. Those two games were actually very similar. It's not that I played badly, but that I didn't do enough in handling the shot rigorously and courageously. However, in the seventh game, when I was 0:2 behind, I did not falter and landed some of the receives such as outright chiquita, including directly chiquita-ing to the forehand. It was one of those situations where I made amends on second chance.

★Table Tennis World: How did you feel on the court at the time when you played against Ma Long in the men's singles final?
☆Fan Zhendong: The feeling in this final is that Ma Long was not so different in technique from the past, but his performance, mental preparations, interpretation of the match, and plans on the court were different from usual. And for me, as President (Liu Guoliang) and the coaches reminded, I would not have cared as much when a few points behind when in normal times, yet I felt a lot of pressure when falling behind in the Olympics.
As soon as the men's singles final started, Ma Long came with a "set play", with a situation he hoped to form in the match. I think he was also fully prepared to do it the hard way. And I made some errors in preparing and interpreting the match. I always wanted to turn every shot into a rally, but the shot always had to go through the third ball attack before that. If the front part is not done well, my own performance in the rallies will also be affected. On the mutual restraint and constraint at the start of the match, I did not do enough.
In this men’s singles final, except for the big score difference in the first game, the score in the next three or four games was close. I felt that I was one or two shots behind. Although I kept up, I could not catch up. This is also my biggest feeling of the whole match. Now that I think about this final again, I was being led by Ma Long throughout the match. If he wanted to play rallies, we would play rallies. If he wanted to change to the short game, we would play the short game. I still did not have a set of things to constrain him.

★Table Tennis World: I believe you also had your own set of "scripts" before this final, which did not follow your expectations. Where were the main problems?
☆Fan Zhendong: Mainly the pressure brought on by the score. When I had a little chance in the second game, leading by 10:8, and then winning after 10:10, including a chance at the beginning of the third game, after 6:6, I made some unforced errors. At that moment, I felt that I had just barely gotten the second game, making it 1-1 in game, I thought I could take a breath and then go again, but the opponent caught on to this thought, and regardless of leading or lagging behind, Ma Long always made me feel I was the one chasing.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Last edited: