Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
o_O I heard the head coaches for both the men and women's teams on the Japanese side are leaving (quitting + retiring)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Some catching up to do.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-23/doc-ikqciyzm3055790.shtml
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-18/doc-ikqciyzm2089324.shtml
  他不认为单打银牌是种遗憾。“遗憾的话,应该是没有机会再去弥补,但这是自己第一次参加奥运会,在奥运舞台展现自己,算是刚刚上路。”

马龙在东京成为首位蝉联奥运会乒乓球单打金牌的男选手。樊振东说:“我跟马龙虽然不是一个时代的运动员,但是确实很荣幸能够跟他在这样一个时期并肩作战也好,作为对手交手也好,这对自己来说也是一笔财富。”

排名世界第一、拿到过多项大赛冠军的樊振东说,自己的巅峰期还没到来。

“技术可能到了一个比较高的高度,或者说跟世界所有一流水平选手的技术实力在伯仲之间,但是整个人的综合实力,包括比赛中的一些软实力,还有很多可以进步的空间。”樊振东说。
He[FZD] doesn't think that the silver medal in singles is a pity. "Regrettable is when there's no second chance to make up for it, but this is my first time participating in the Olympics and showing myself on the Olympic stage. I've just hit the road."

ML became the first male player to defend the Olympic table tennis singles gold medal in Tokyo. "Although Ma Long and I are not athletes of the same era, I am indeed honored to be able to fight side by side with him in such a period, or against him as opponents. This is also a wealth for me," said FZD.

FZD, who ranks first in the world and has won many world titles, said that his peak has not yet arrived.

"Skill-wise, I may have reached a relatively high level, or rather, I'm neck and neck with all the world's top-level players in terms of technical prowess, but for my overall strength, including some soft power in the match, there is still a lot of room for improvement," said FZD.

Jan 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018
Proof why my idol should retire, at long last.

Ishikawa's official age: 28
Ishikawa's walking age: 35 😱
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2021/08/28/kiji/20210828s00026000448000c.html

More details on her singles defeat to YMY.
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20210728/k10013164801000.html
しかし、タイムアウト明けの相手のサーブは石川選手が「出してこないだろうと思っていた」というロングサーブ。
不意を突かれて「プレッシャーがかかった」と自分から積極的に攻めることができず、「相手のミスを待つ形になった」と得意のラリーでポイントを失い、12対12の同点に追いつかれました。

次のプレーも「相手のフォアハンドを怖がり過ぎた」と思い切ったプレーができずに2ポイントを連続で奪われて、このゲームを落としました。再三握ったゲームポイントをものにできずに相手に流れを渡し、このあとの2ゲームも連取されて敗れた石川選手。
あえて取ったタイムアウト明けのプレーが明暗を分ける形となりました。

今大会は初戦となった3回戦と4回戦が、いずれも苦手としてきた自身と同じ左利きの選手との対戦でした。
「組み合わせを見たときは正直いやだなと思ったが、練習はたくさんしてきた」と、得意のフォアハンドで積極的に攻めて連勝し、準々決勝に勝ち上がりました。
She got shit-scared by YMY's long serve after her own TO at 12:11 in G3. Then she was too scared of YMY's FH in the next 2 points and dropped the game, as well as the match.

She "hates it" the moment she saw the draw where her opponents in R3 and R4 were left-handed because she hates playing lefties.

JTTA: She is 28 and got scared? Why did we pick her? 😭

• Sad
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
Some catching up to do.

He[FZD] doesn't think that the silver medal in singles is a pity. "Regrettable is when there's no second chance to make up for it, but this is my first time participating in the Olympics and showing myself on the Olympic stage. I've just hit the road."

ML became the first male player to defend the Olympic table tennis singles gold medal in Tokyo. "Although Ma Long and I are not athletes of the same era, I am indeed honored to be able to fight side by side with him in such a period, or against him as opponents. This is also a wealth for me," said FZD.

FZD, who ranks first in the world and has won many world titles, said that his peak has not yet arrived.

"Skill-wise, I may have reached a relatively high level, or rather, I'm neck and neck with all the world's top-level players in terms of technical prowess, but for my overall strength, including some soft power in the match, there is still a lot of room for improvement," said FZD.
The difference in FDZ play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews
Some catching up to do.

The difference in FZD play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The difference in FZD play until the final. With the final game it's abysmal. He has the age and experience to not have such a big relapse in his game. This final result is visibly ordered. The government of China is in charge there

Lol, These practices are in the past, And if you're gonna hang on to your conspiracy theory, I'm gonna remind you that this "Central planning" that occured decades ago was say China had to face a very powerful opponent in the final, so the player the team heads think is more likely to lose May be asked to fold the match for "team glory", But In this situation, Ma and Fan were competing for the title not a place in the final against Tomokazu or Lin Yunju.

Secondly Ma Long already has one gold in his bag, the "logical" politics should be to allow Fan win one of his own, Or if you're thinking the plan was to ensure Ma's name was enshrined in history, I ask you why Jike Who was loved by all didn't get this "gift" especially When it was clear he was struggling to perform at the highest level for much longer due to incessant injuries, What makes Ma Long so special that he got this "gift" and not Jike if not Just a ridiculous conspiracy theory

Thirdly, Ma Long had a 16-6 head to head record against Fan in international competitions prior to the final, And the last time they met he comfortably beat Fan 4-1 in the Grand finals final, With his wealth of experience, techniques and far superior head to head record, Do you think it's impossible for Grand slam winner Ma to get one more win especially against an increasingly error prone and wild Fan playstyle?
I say definitely not, And this is coming from a Fan Zhendong fan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

The simplest way to understand what happened to FZD is to look at Ma Long's career before 2015, especially his record against Wang Hao. If Ma Long could repeatedly play like crap in the biggest matches of his career against Wang Hao, what makes it so far fetched for it to happen in the OG finals for FZD vs Ma Long?

Reactions: Shine and Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Lol, These practices are in the past, And if you're gonna hang on to your conspiracy theory, I'm gonna remind you that this "Central planning" that occured decades ago was say China had to face a very powerful opponent in the final, so the player the team heads think is more likely to lose May be asked to fold the match for "team glory", But In this situation, Ma and Fan were competing for the title not a place in the final against Tomokazu or Lin Yunju.

Secondly Ma Long already has one gold in his bag, the "logical" politics should be to allow Fan win one of his own, Or if you're thinking the plan was to ensure Ma's name was enshrined in history, I ask you why Jike Who was loved by all didn't get this "gift" especially When it was clear he was struggling to perform at the highest level for much longer due to incessant injuries, What makes Ma Long so special that he got this "gift" and not Jike if not Just a ridiculous conspiracy theory

Thirdly, Ma Long had a 16-6 head to head record against Fan in international competitions prior to the final, And the last time they met he comfortably beat Fan 4-1 in the Grand finals final, With his wealth of experience, techniques and far superior head to head record, Do you think it's impossible for Grand slam winner Ma to get one more win especially against an increasingly error prone and wild Fan playstyle?
I say definitely not, And this is coming from a Fan Zhendong fan

Fan is a rebellious player, plays with Butterfly and is sponsored by Stiga. does as it pleases, up to a point. Ma Long is a player fully sponsored by Chinese products. DHS is a company with a huge influence in China and it certainly wants brand that China stands to gain from Ma Long's victory. The economic difference for China from Ma Long winning over Fan is huge. this is not a theory, it is a fact. Table Tennis mixes with a lot of money. Only a very innocent and believing person thinks the final wasn't decided before the game started. (Ma Long was totally distressed to pass the Dima, and it wouldn't look bad if he had lost. The Fan totally crushed Dima Ovtacharov)

Last edited:
Jan 2018
More catching up to do.

Qin Zhijian and Li Sun on the CNT using big data to study main opponents.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-30/doc-iktzqtyt3017681.shtml
  抱着这样的信念,数十年长盛不衰的国乒也在与时俱进,积极拥抱新科技。据教练组介绍,国乒自2019年开始建设自己的大数据平台,大致包括三个部分的功能:比赛数据采集,精确到运动员每一次击球的技术、位置、落点和效果等;技战术智能分析,包括常规数据以及数据挖掘模型和博弈模型等;通过平板电脑应用软件进行远程展示,可以选择多个分析指标逐个细致地观察对手的技战术视频。

目前,国乒大数据平台有自2017年以来重要的国际比赛视频8000多场,对主要对手的800多场比赛做了精细的分析。像“人间止藤片”孙颖莎对战日本顶尖选手伊藤美诚的教科书式胜利,背后就有国乒大数据平台对两年零8个月间女乒6名主力与之交手的24场比赛的穷尽式分析,甚至还建立了针对伊藤美诚技术与落点组合的博弈矩阵模型,找到比赛效益最大化的战术策略。
With this belief, the CNT, which has been prosperous for decades, is also advancing with the times and actively embracing new technologies. According to the coaching staff, the CNT began to build its own big data platform in 2019, which roughly consists of three functions: collection of competition data, accurate to the technique, position, placement and effect of every stroke; technical and tactical intelligent analysis, including conventional data, data mining models and game models, etc.; remote display through tablet computer application software, one can select multiple indicators to carefully observe the opponent's technical and tactical videos.

At present, the CNT's big data platform has more than 8,000 important international matches since 2017, and has made detailed analysis of more than 800 matches of major opponents. Behind the textbook victory of "human Ito's painkiller[TL's note: The "to" in "Ito" and "pain" are homonym in Mandarin Chinese]" Sun Yingsha against Japan's top player Mima Ito is the exhaustive analysis of 24 matches against 6 CNT players over 2 years and 8 months. They have even established a game model for the set play of Mima Ito’s skills and placement to find the tactical strategy with maximum competitive value.

Jan 2018
In an interview with Xinhua, 8-time European champion says he doesn't rule out Paris 2024. 😒 Interestingly but unsurprisingly, MLin and FZD are the ones he has the most trouble playing. He gives himself a 7 out of 10 in singles at Tokyo 2020. Seriously, even a 9 in team wouldn't be enough to beat JYS. Players go beyond 10 at the Olympics.

http://www.china.org.cn/sports/2021-09/03/content_77731100.htm
"Ma Lin was a tough opponent. He played really smart and his style was very unusual for Europeans. He always found a good strategy against me. I only had two or three wins against him," said the German.

Boll reckons Fan Zhendong, who won singles silver in Tokyo behind Ma Long, is the most difficult player to beat.

"He plays a bit the same style like me, but a little better. He's more powerful and physical," said Boll.

Rating his performance at the Games as a seven out of 10 in the singles, and a nine for the team events, Boll said: "I won all the important games before the final. In the team final, it took me one and a half sets to get used to the style of Ma Long. He played fantastically with lots of self-confidence. Every shot was precise.

"The whole German team had a good performance, even though we lost 3-0 in the final. We have to admit that China is the best country. We show a lot of respect for how strong they are."

Boll has collected many of the sport's top honors throughout his career, but Olympic gold has proved elusive.

"Maybe I have felt a little more pressure, especially in tough games when you lose control," said Boll.

"Sometimes I had my chances, but I just didn't take them. My opponents always played better than me. I cannot say I did not give my all."

Ruefully recalling his disappointing campaign at the 2004 Athens Games, Boll said of his quarterfinal defeat to Swedish legend Jan-Ove Waldner: "I beat him three weeks before, but three weeks later in the Olympics I lost to him."

Chinese version of the interview:
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-09-11/doc-iktzqtyt5407004.shtml
https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-09-06/doc-iktzqtyt4322649.shtml

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Suffering immense public pressure, JYS temporarily leaves the KNT after returning empty-handed from Tokyo 2020. He won't attend ATTC and WTTC this year. LSS will only play singles at ATTC. They will field young doubles pairs to pave the way for the future.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-26/doc-ikqciyzm3727149.shtml
  韩国乒协专务、前韩国男队主教练金泽洙在23日的韩国乒协会议上谈到,郑荣植是凭借推荐选手的身份获得东京奥运会参赛资格的,成绩不好让运动员本人承受了很大压力。29岁的郑荣植参加了两届奥运会,在不久前的东京奥运会上韩国男团获得了第四名。

郑荣植在给韩国乒协的信中提到:“为了韩国乒乓球的发展,我决定退出。通过体能和技术上的完善,从明年开始继续为国出战。”

金泽洙表示,考虑到李尚洙和郑荣植两次未能在奥运会上获得奖牌,借此机会,将尽可能派出年轻选手组成双打阵容,做长远布局。

OTOH, the Swedish men's team is in disarray as Karlsson mulls quitting over Persson's selections for Tokyo 2020 and ETTC 2021. No wonder the team spirit was just not there at Tokyo 2020.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2021-08-26/doc-ikqcfncc5149828.shtml
  东京奥运会上,K-卡尔松参加了男团比赛,落选男单。代表瑞典参加男单比赛的是2019年世乒赛男单亚军法尔克以及后起之秀卡尔伯格。K-卡尔松落选奥运会单打阵容之后,引起了很大争议,他曾公开批评瑞典男队主帅佩尔森。现在,欧锦赛K-卡尔松又一次被佩尔森放弃了。

K-卡尔松对于落选欧锦赛,表示是由于他在奥运会期间的表现。奥运会单打比赛期间,在队友卡尔伯格与一名美国选手比赛时,K-卡尔松迟到了。K-卡尔松对瑞典电视台说,我坐在看台上看比赛,支持卡尔伯格,但我并没有完全融入瑞典队中,我没有和全队坐在一起。K-卡尔松已经表示,不想继续为国家队效力。

佩尔森回应说,K-卡尔松落选欧锦赛团体阵容并不是因为他在东京奥运会时的表现,因为瑞典队现在有很多优秀的球员,有很多比赛任务,这次想给19岁的莫雷加德机会,因为最近他打得不错。莫雷加德在不久前的WTT布达佩斯上获得男单冠军,又在捷克公开赛上获得男双冠军。

对于K-卡尔松想离开国家队,佩尔森说他不应该有这样的想法,不希望他做出这样的选择。11月还有世乒赛,K-卡尔松是候选人之一。

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Shine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
Fan is a rebellious player, plays with Butterfly and is sponsored by Stiga. does as it pleases, up to a point. Ma Long is a player fully sponsored by Chinese products. DHS is a company with a huge influence in China and it certainly wants brand that China stands to gain from Ma Long's victory. The economic difference for China from Ma Long winning over Fan is huge. this is not a theory, it is a fact. Table Tennis mixes with a lot of money. Only a very innocent and believing person thinks the final wasn't decided before the game started. (Ma Long was totally distressed to pass the Dima, and it wouldn't look bad if he had lost. The Fan totally crushed Dima Ovtacharov)

Yeah, Fan Totally crushed Dima that the last time he met Dima before the Olympics he lost 3-4, And even in the Olympics team finals he scraped past Dima 3-2, that sounds like "Totally crushed" to me absolutely 🧐
That Fan is rebellious because he uses Butterfly is Just waffle, Firstly A Rebellious FZD will not submit to internal planning Which disproves your "fact". Secondly you seem to not understand that CNT and China at large is Highly hierarchical, so decisions regarding players' training, diet, lifestyle, even racket changes!!!! are Highly organised and Disciplined by the coaching staff and the General Administration of Sports, Do you even know that majority of the Chinese Team A do not use DHS paddles, they use Butterfly!! Sun Yingsha, Wang manyu, Wang Chuqin etc do not use DHS paddles, And Surely DHS interests do not supercede the interests of team Which is a Chinese Player winning and not Who uses DHS paddle winning(lol),
Besides, we live in global capitalism, money is involved in everything, with your logic that means all sports are Corrupt and orchestrated then and we are all living in an Opera house??
Please find better "theories" ehem sorry better "facts"

Jan 2018
Despite a losing H2H, Zheng Jiaqi says CIC lost to YMY due to low stamina after the previous XD match. CIC's dad, OTOH, says she injured her right hand the previous night. CIC says YMY's style gives her a hard time and couldn't play her game, which is exactly like Ishikawa's response in another interview, where she even admits that she didn't know what she was doing in the last game.

https://udn.com/tokyo2020/story/122254/5630417
從前一天混雙摘銅到今天首戰出局,鄭怡靜接受訪問時眼眶含淚,她表示,今天沒有打出自己的風格,「這在比賽是比較致命的,沒辦法延續昨天的氣勢」。

教練陳佳奇指出,鄭怡靜今天接球上有些狀況,但不是技術上的問題,可能是因為混雙的關係,「有點精力耗盡了吧」。

在2018年雅加達亞運會八強因輸給于夢雨,鄭怡靜淚灑球場,今天賽前也有預期對手不好應付,「可能有些球路比較剋我吧。」

https://udn.com/news/story/122254/5630284
東奧台灣桌球選手今天在女子單打個人賽32強,遭遇曾經對戰13次的新加坡選手于夢雨,單打前兩局11比5、11比9,第三局兩人僵持到賽末點依舊失手,最後以直落四局敗北。他的父親鄭博文表示,今天看女兒比賽時右手無法使出全力,怡靜的姐姐桌球教練鄭品薇也說,看得出來他右手的姿勢走位。

https://www.nikkansports.com/olympic/tokyo2020/table-tennis/news/202107280000283.html
世界ランキングは石川が10位、ユが同47位だが「苦手なタイプ」と語った。試合展開について「2ゲーム目からボールを切ってきて回転の変化に焦り、自分の速い展開に持っていけなかった」と悔やんだ。

第1ゲームを先取したもの残り4ゲームを連続で落とした。石川は第3ゲームを敗因に挙げた。10-8とゲームポイントを握ったが、最終的に12-14で奪われた。「攻めとしては悪くなかったけど、打つコースが単調になってしまった」と悔やんだ。最終ゲームは最初から10連続失点。「何をやっているか分からなかった」。万事休すだった。

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 1 reviews

Yeah, Fan Totally crushed Dima that the last time he met Dima before the Olympics he lost 3-4, And even in the Olympics team finals he scraped past Dima 3-2, that sounds like "Totally crushed" to me absolutely 🧐
That Fan is rebellious because he uses Butterfly is Just waffle, Firstly A Rebellious FZD will not submit to internal planning Which disproves your "fact". Secondly you seem to not understand that CNT and China at large is Highly hierarchical, so decisions regarding players' training, diet, lifestyle, even racket changes!!!! are Highly organised and Disciplined by the coaching staff and the General Administration of Sports, Do you even know that majority of the Chinese Team A do not use DHS paddles, they use Butterfly!! Sun Yingsha, Wang manyu, Wang Chuqin etc do not use DHS paddles, And Surely DHS interests do not supercede the interests of team Which is a Chinese Player winning and not Who uses DHS paddle winning(lol),
Besides, we live in global capitalism, money is involved in everything, with your logic that means all sports are Corrupt and orchestrated then and we are all living in an Opera house??
Please find better "theories" ehem sorry better "facts"

Good afternoon Shine, both our opinions are merely speculative and personal. I keep my overcoat because I know the Chinese hierarchy well and I have business relations with China. You as a Russian citizen should have more empathy for my opinion. I also know Russian politics.

Jan 2018
https://www.marieclaire.com.hk/專訪-李皓晴-杜凱琹-蘇慧音-life-companion/
在螢光幕上看到蘇慧音一頭粉紅髮色,感覺她是特別跳脫的一個,真人所見,她臉上掛著最多笑容。為何是粉紅色?「就是因為鍾意呀!記得2018年染過一次粉紅色,雖然只維持了短短2星期,但令人回味至今,加上那場賽事打得很好,而今次選色方面舉棋不定,便決定染返粉紅……其實我有選擇困難症(哈哈)。」有點調皮,又有點孩子氣,反而率真得很。
蘇慧音:「我出賽前喜歡染髮,彷彿有個全新的自己去作賽一樣,以及聽輕快的歌提升興奮度。」
Seeing Soo Wai Yam's pink hair on the screen, I feel that she is a particularly funky one. Seeing her in person, she has the most smile on her face. Why is it pink? "It's because I like it! I remember that I dyed pink once in 2018. Although it lasted only 2 weeks, it is memorable to this date. In addition, I played very well in that match. When I couldn't settle on a color this time, I decided to dye it pink...Actually, I have decidophobia(haha)." A bit naughty, a bit childish, but very frank.
Soo Wai Yam: "I like to dye my hair before a competition, as if I could compete as a brand new self, and listening to light and catchy music to increase my excitement."