Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Mizutani's excellent over the table play and Niwa's shot making takes doubles. Harimoto going all out takes 1st singles match and puts Japan up 2-0. Need 1 more for bronze.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
wow !!! its only the bronze medal but I'm so happy for that team ! It would have been so sad for Harimoto to come back empty-handed.
and what a finish for Mizutani's career !
he lost Falck and Boll, but managed to play with his glasses today and win the decisive match to give the Bronze medal to his buddies !

He gave it really all, and was a master in serves and short touch play. The last point was difficult to score. I guess its because it might even be the last of his international career. He hasn't announced his retirement in the post-match interview but i wouldn't be surprised to hear him announce it in coming days.
although he gave already a hint by implying he wouldn't be there in the Paris Olympics

what a great way to say good bye !

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Was really important from Mizutani, they would have Harimoto in the last game but in a decider everything can happen under immense pressure. No singles+doubles loss from Harimoto in the team event, not that bad after all.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Han Ying: 🤬
Shan Xiaona: 😠
Solja: 😡

https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kon...g-kong-beats-germany-bronze-womens-team-table
Head coach of the women’s team Li Ching, who was part of the silver medal-winning team in Greece, admitted he did not expect Soo – who had so far only played doubles in this team tournament – to be the match-winning heroine, either.

“After losing to Japan [3-0 in the semi-finals], we never gave up and worked for the common goal to beat the Germans,” he said. “Soo was very brave today and played outside the box. She had never beaten the two Germans before, but this is the Olympics and anything can happen.

“Our game plan was to win the first two matches, the doubles and other one from Doo [Hoi-kem]. But I never expected Soo to be the player to make the difference. She proved she has the ability and her previous defeat was mainly a mental problem.

“What has changed for the players is their self-control and their emotions. They have also mentally matured.”

Reactions: MaLin2.0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I almost wonder if Germany can do this.
The way I see it, if Dima can beat FZD (big ask I know), then I think he can possibly beat XX as well. That leaves Timo vs Long and Franz vs FZD. There is a small possibility I think.

I think Boll/Franziska had to win to have a chance. Even if Boll beats Ma Long, I don't see Franziska winning over FZD to see the last match.