Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I think that while doing a lot of loud choing can give the player some benefits in a way that makes the player more pumped up and also release all the tension and nervous feeling but at the same time if you overdo it like Harimoto does, it can have an adverse effect of wearing himself down with all the throat-damaging screaming and losing a lot of energy doing it.

Then at the end of the match in the 7th game after all this loud chooing, he has used up all of his energy, while the opponent is already so used to it. Whereas Lin Yun Ju stays calm and relaxed and it enables him to conserve all that energy stored in him and not let it all out to the point it becomes usurped and emptied out like Harimoto does.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I think that while doing a lot of loud choing can give the player some benefits in a way that makes the player more pumped up and also release all the tension and nervous feeling but at the same time if you overdo it like Harimoto does, it can have an adverse effect of wearing himself down with all the throat-damaging screaming and losing a lot of energy doing it.Then at the end of the match in the 7th game after all this loud chooing, he has used up all of his energy, while the opponent is already so used to it. Whereas Lin Yun Ju stays calm and relaxed and it enables him to conserve all that energy stored in him and not let it all out to the point it becomes usurped and emptied out like Harimoto does.

btw it seems to me Harimoto was warned during the match because he was being too loud. he discussed a bit with the referee. He was affected because he lost the next 3 points, with his mind absent. i think it was at 5-2 in the 5th (he won it anyway).He had a similar warning , was it in Doha ? or in WC last december ?it might have affected him as well later in the match. He kept chooing but made it with lower volume

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

he was not to loud. the referee warned him to not scream towards the opponent. Harimoto argued that he was CHOing towards his coach and said he was sorry. after that he turned around to cho. But you are right that he played worse the next couple of points

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

he was not to loud. the referee warned him to not scream towards the opponent. Harimoto argued that he was CHOing towards his coach and said he was sorry. after that he turned around to cho. But you are right that he played worse the next couple of points

I've seen him choing towards his coach in many matches. If you want to see choing at the opponent, watch the CM-DHK match from game 3 on. CM is choing and staring at her opponent on nearly every point she won.

This user has no status.
Who is the idiot commentator in the Dima vs Hugo match ☹

No idea but it sure is annoying for anyone that knows anything about table tennis. It sounds like it's the first time he's watched it. Describing Calderano's serve as the 'high ball wiggle the bat serve'...really not adding anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
sad that its not the quality 1/4 final we hoped for. Dima was not there the first 2 1/2 sets and as Hugo realised that his is gonna win he totally lost it and Dima got into it.