Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Poor Ito.
She was not even happy for the bronze.
Yes bronze was the minimum for her standards, given there were only 2 chinese players and she beats regularly easily all the other players. except Kasumi perhaps, but she lost in the National Championships more because of her underestimating Ishikawa and taking it a bit too easy.

Ito was crying during her post-match interview and it wasn't tears of joy. She was open about her disappointment.

This user has no status.
I'm hoping that Chen will win this match.
This is probably her last chance to play in the Olympics, she's 27.
On the other hand, Sun is younger she is 20 and she has at least one more if not 2 Olympics to play in the future.
On the men's side, I'm rooting for Ma Long to make history and to become the first double grand slam winner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That was so close for both chinese men wow, I did not expect this. Ovtcharov usually has no chance against Ma Long, this is surprising. And LIN Yun-Ju is huge, a pity he lost. But he is the biggest threat for them in the next years imho. (Harimoto stagnated unfortunately with no real progress and isn't good enough)

They had to rush their approach to developing him. The footwork and forehand issues are still real - that will be his battle for the next 2-3 years. But he has skills that are unteachable on defense, but he needs to be able to impose his game and not just counter. That's part of his game that is missing that makes him vulnerable vs the lower ranked players who are playing with higher risk.