Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
People whine that Adam is "unprofessional" all the time, until someone "professional" enters the booth and people immediately start whining that they are dull and boring. Also no one among the pro commentators is as up to date with the scene and the athletes as Adam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
People whine that Adam is "unprofessional" all the time, until someone "professional" enters the booth and people immediately start whining that they are dull and boring. Also no one among the pro commentators is as up to date with the scene and the athletes as Adam.

Adam is great for the sport. I was watching with a friend who doesn't understand table tennis at all and they were enjoying every second of it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

She isn't going to win in November. I think one of her teammates will get her, likely Wang Manyu.

1930_1_450.jpg

CXT: Aren't you forgetting me? I'm the latest CM nemesis. Oh wait, I might not even get a slot. Bummer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

Adam is great for the sport. I was watching with a friend who doesn't understand table tennis at all and they were enjoying every second of it

Who else are you going find in any sport that spends as much time and energy getting to know the players, coaches, .... even the umpires? Nowadays, you have multimillion dollar sideline reporters in more popular sports that don't put in 1/10 the effort that he does. He lives and breathes table tennis. Adam is who he is... quirks and all. He's knowledgeable, engaging, and absolutely great for the sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm hoping that Chen will win this match.
This is probably her last chance to play in the Olympics, she's 27.
On the other hand, Sun is younger she is 20 and she has at least one more if not 2 Olympics to play in the future.
On the men's side, I'm rooting for Ma Long to make history and to become the first double grand slam winner

I get the belief and Sun is a special talent, but the lesson of Zhu Yuling, Liu Shiwen and the pandemic is that don't act too much like there is something other than the present.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Anyone knows where to catch the archive of the semifinals?

I watched it from NHK but the stream is so lagging that it ruins the experience for me.

I missed 5 games from ML vs Dima and I am very curious how the match moves in that way

assuming you use VPN, here's ML - Dima in awesome quality (skip the first 30-40 minutes, match started late), requires German IP

Last edited:
Reactions: pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I don't recall hearing this before the Olympics, but I noticed that in this Olympics, LYJ sometimes does a pre-receive vocalization.... Something like 'chay' right before receiving serve. Maybe he no longer wants to be the 'silent' assassin. In any case, his receive is phenomenal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
What's interesting is that there's always a chiquita guy on the tour, but they all seem to drift away from using it on every receive as they mature. FZD used to be one, but now favors touch play. I dunno why it happens but it does. Maybe as you get studied by the opponents, they find the serves you can't flick (or flick predictably, giving away counters); or maybe as you get better at pushing it becomes a better play percentage wise; or maybe it's just psychological and the OFF+ mentality of the young changes towards ALL+ with experience

Last edited:
That has to be the best table tennis match I have seen at the Olympics since 2010 for sure if not all time.

Indeed, epic match, especially from Lin with his incredible BH, but don't forget the match Gionis P. vs Jeoung Y. Two of the best matches in this Olympic Games.

Both Women's semis were duds. Both Men's semis were matches for the ages. Amazing tension throughout both matches. Great tactics, execution, and nerves by all 4 players. It's a shame anyone lost either match.

For me, Tokyo Olympics have totally delivered.

ML does look visibly past his prime. I'm predicting FZD 4-1 or 4-2 over ML.

For sure, more 4-0 then 4-1. ML didn't play very well this OG.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I haven't been able to watch the matches...by the comments it seems ML is not in his best form like he showed in Grand Finals last year.
But he almost always gives a hard time to FZD, so there is still a chance. I hope ML can make history once again!

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
What's interesting is that there's always a chiquita guy on the tour, but they all seem to drift away from using it on every receive as they mature. FZD used to be one, but now favors touch play. I dunno why it happens but it does. Maybe as you get studied by the opponents, they find the serves you can't flick (or flick predictably, giving away counters); or maybe as you get better at pushing it becomes a better play percentage wise; or maybe it's just psychological and the OFF+ mentality of the young changes towards ALL+ with experience
The reason behind the change for FZD, from 7 years ago.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...-mls-technique-inferior-to-zjk-and-fzd#844809

Reactions: Atas Newton
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Prediction time

Lets do our predictions for today's matches:

Lin Jun-Yu vs Dimitrij Ovtcharov
Fan Zhendong vs Ma Long

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Why do u guys think Ma long has dropped off so much since the last time him and fzd played (that i know of)? Surely he was already well past prime then, so what have u guys seen thus far that makes u think fzd's so far ahead of ML now?