Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I can't believe he actually did it. I expected Ma Long to just chill after his knee operation, instead he comes back and wins WTTC and Olympics, madness. That 'chole' after he won the 3rd game was scary.

Poor, poor Fan Zhendong. "Why couldn't I be born like 5 years later and not compete with this guy" is what I'd be thinking if I were him

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Most of the "Ma Long is not the GOAT" arguments before this were largely trolling or emotional or based on the belief he is competing in a significantly weaker era. By the numbers, there really is no argument. But he took Dima's best and that is the best Europe had to offer no doubt. The two Olympic golds shouldn't change anyone's minds because he was already the man.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am so elated that The Dragon Dictator Captain Long reach Double Grand Slam status

But I am confused how and why FZD became a little timid in that 6th game

Didn't become timid - took more risks and didn't convert. After someone has beaten you so badly so often, it becomes a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Most of the "Ma Long is not the GOAT" arguments before this were largely trolling or emotional or based on the belief he is competing in a significantly weaker era. By the numbers, there really is no argument. But he took Dima's best and that is the best Europe had to offer no doubt. The two Olympic golds shouldn't change anyone's minds because he was already the man.

I've run into a few, especially older swedes that understandably have held that belief, with those arguments, emotion and I guess nostalgia. But this has put the nail in the coffin where it's hardly even possible to use those arguments, this achievement is too visible and too great.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
It wouldn't surprise me that after the Olympics are over that Ma Long retires. I mean there's literally nothing left to prove. If he wants to, I just see him at some point taking over Liu Guoliang's place because the man is pure TT genius.

This user has no status.
It wouldn't surprise me that after the Olympics are over that Ma Long retires. I mean there's literally nothing left to prove. If he wants to, I just see him at some point taking over Liu Guoliang's place because the man is pure TT genius.

While the CNT has a lot of their old guys as coaches, it's not always the very best becomes good coaches. We will see of course.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
As we can see, Silent Assassin is not so silent. No one would fault him for doing it in a bronze medal match. Not every time he plays his pet teddy bear in competition.
Before Tokyo 2020:
Is Lin Yun-Ju's silence disrespectful to the opponent?

After Tokyo 2020 MS SF and bronze medal match:
Is Lin Yun-Ju's meow disrespectful to the opponent?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Before Tokyo 2020:
Is Lin Yun-Ju's silence disrespectful to the opponent?

After Tokyo 2020 MS SF and bronze medal match:
Is Lin Yun-Ju's meow disrespectful to the opponent?

I kid you not, the first time I head a noise, I was like where is that coming from - it can't be Dima...

• Haha
Reactions: zeio