Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019

How about this plot twist:

FZD to ML: I am feelin charitable tonight, I'll take the silver. I want to have another Grand Slam winner in our camp. This is my parting retirement gift to you.

ML to FZD: Thanks a million brother. Let's get the Team Gold together, shall we?

Wake up. You're dreaming. If they both get to the finals, there's zero chance FZD willingly gives away a gold medal. This is what they dream about as kids.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
SYS has everything to dominate the game in the future: great FH, great stability, plays with thought and has a killer mentality..

This user has no status.
Mima has done good enough. Playing style and competition record favor SYS than Mima. More importantly, Mima needed to prepare for MD and Single, she had higher chance to get gold in MD than Single, so she had to adjust her physical condition to be the best on day 1.

The final between CM and SYS is crucial to CM. This competition within China National Team is coldly cruel. I think CM'd rather see Mima than SYS in final personally. If CM cannot prove her No 1 position in CNT, she will have to step aside for younger players. I don't like this part of competition, but this is competition.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
This match was so different to what their previous encounters were. Sha Sha had ZERO inside out cross court FH winners, Mima Ito had ZERO FH smash winners, let that sink in. Their trademark shots absolutely nullified, 90% of the rallies were decided by the first 3 shots, and what feels like 50% of the rallies were all about the serve. Fascinating match, one for tacticians to study for years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
ITO couldn't resist pouring some tears during the post match interview. I can understand her, she's trained all her life for this match and she lost a very brutal 0-4, SYS put her so much pressure she never managed to play her best and enter one of her transes where she starts smiling and play god-level.

Looking at ITO's facial expression during the warm-up, i was very hopeful it was her day, but she lost G1 11-3 missing nearly everything. but at least it looked she was the one losing, not SYS winning. in G2 she got a very good start, with an extra bit of luck, up 7-1, and one miss, and another one , plus winners from SYS. and she's forced to the time out at 9-7.

I don't know if its a good idea to show your opponent you're that nervous so early in the game, even if snatching G2 was vital to survive. I think the TO further boosted SYS confidence, especially she managed to turn a miracle FH save into a winner, to come back 9-8 , and then played formidable points to get G2.

From there, even there were some fulgurance from ITO, she wasn't consistent and it was SYS totally in control.

Like all JP fans I'm very disappointed, not only at the fact that Mima lost, but that she wasn't even able to challenge her opponent seriously.

She'll have no problem getting the bronze, but she'll not be happy about it, that was the minimum. I don't even know if YU Mengyu can play tonight because she injured herself in G4 against CHEN Meng. The match was interrupted for 5 minutes. She bravely finished the match, but obviously it was still hurting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I think SYS is going to win gold. She's in great form right now and played near flawlessly against Mima. Despite winning 4-0 vs. YMY, CM still had some exploitable weaknesses. She could not handle YMY's fast, long serve. There were also a few times when the rally got faster, the older YMY got the upper hand I think much to CM's surprise. That will probably increase in frequency with the younger SYS who seems to be able to handle any speed.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LSW: I lost to THIS Ito?
SYS: Yes, this PUNY Ito.
Ito: 9:3 again?(she lost to Solja in WT SF after leading 9:3 in the 5th)
https://imgur.com/a/vqY6JoG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
LSW: I lost to THIS Ito?
SYS: Yes, this PUNY Ito.
Ito: 9:3 again?(she lost to Solja in WT SF after leading 9:3 in the 5th)
https://imgur.com/a/vqY6JoG
Mizutani: Obviously it's because of me that we won the XD Gold.

C3XC4A2IVZJ4JEQZZ25GBUOL4M.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
what a fantastic semifinal between FZD and LYJ

LYJ came back from 7-10 in G3 , got a game point, but ended up losing it. Instead of collapsing, he won a tight G4 at deuce again 15-13 !

very high level. LYJ has less power than FZD but his wrist speed generates enormous spin both on FH and BH which enables him to fight back