Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
French soccer team, nobody wanted to play in Tokyo, they had to fetch veteran players in Mexico, and some very unexperienced young players to make a "team"... totally laughable

I think most countries these days have a problem with that , especially with soccer, that most of the best , and highest payed players are working abroad.
The players might also more feel a loyalty to their clubs, who after all pay them well and are their bosses, than a country.
National pride might play a secondary role.
Is this a bad thing ?????
Personally I think that the sooner we can develop a mindset , globally speaking, of "we", rather than "us and them" , the closer to a peaceful planet we come.

I do not care if Malong or Chen Meng are from China , Switzerland or Mesopotamia, to me they are human beings and great TT-players 😁

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

I think most countries these days have a problem with that , especially with soccer, that most of the best , and highest payed players are working abroad.
The players might also more feel a loyalty to their clubs, who after all pay them well and are their bosses, than a country.
National pride might play a secondary role.
Is this a bad thing ?????
Personally I think that the sooner we can develop a mindset , globally speaking, of "we", rather than "us and them" , the closer to a peaceful planet we come.

I do not care if Malong or Chen Meng are from China , Switzerland or Mesopotamia, to me they are human beings and great TT-players 😁

For the French team and big European and South American squads and 95% of their supporters the priority for these team are....
1. World Cup
2. Euro or Copa America
3. Qualifers

Olympics is not high on priority list, the remaining 5% that think the games is a priority are clueless.... Players have a very full on schedule and recovery is a non stop process so minor events are non essential. Their fans know this. They still display national pride, however they show it to the events that matter the most hence why they will concerve their energy to when it counts, that includes their club teams.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
French soccer team, nobody wanted to play in Tokyo, they had to fetch veteran players in Mexico, and some very unexperienced young players to make a "team"... totally laughable

Actually the men's football tournament in the Olympics is an under 23 tournament (3 overaged players allowed). This is because FIFA and the continental football associations don't want the Olympics to have the same status and compete with the World Cup and the continental championships. France's squad is quite decent and the other big football countries actually have really good squads considering the age restrictions. Gignac, the player playing in Mexico is actually around France's fifth or sixth best striker which is amazing considering his age and that France is probably the strongest football nation right now on paper (their NT coach is not good though).

Reactions: MaLin2.0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

Actually the men's football tournament in the Olympics is an under 23 tournament (3 overaged players allowed). This is because FIFA and the continental football associations don't want the Olympics to have the same status and compete with the World Cup and the continental championships. France's squad is quite decent and the other big football countries actually have really good squads considering the age restrictions. Gignac, the player playing in Mexico is actually around France's fifth or sixth best striker which is amazing considering his age and that France is probably the strongest football nation right now on paper (their NT coach is not good though).

So many young gun players under 23....
Kaylin Mbappe, Haaland, Phil Foden, Jadon Sanchho, Richarlison, Pedri, Fati, Marcus Rashford, Trent Alexander-Arnold, list just continues....

Even without that rule, national teams wouldn't wanting to be sending big name players to these events.....

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
CNT: Find us in 1 minute!

CNT: Moar screen time!

CNT: Mention us!

CNT: Listen to us!

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Jan 2018
JOC: The Olympics is continuously evolving...

Pre-2020: Packed stadiums.
Post-2020: Empty stadiums.
Table tennis: Tell me about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Am I correct in thinking there will be no spectators at the table tennis tournament since the venue's in Tokyo? Wonder what effect it'll have in terms of psychology for Harimoto/Ito, maybe they won't feel quite as pressured

On the other hand, one of their best results was at the 2018 Japan Open. Mima Ito beat CXT and WMY to win the WS title. Harimoto beat the likes of Ma Long and ZJK to win the MS title. There's added pressure but also added energy from the home crowd.

Jan 2018
Last edited:
Jan 2018

What did he do?

CCY(5th seed) claimed he could beat ZJK(2nd seed) in that poor state and believed his odds were good if he could get a good draw away from ML(1st seed). Heck, he even said ZJK could crash out before he could even meet him.

Reality? He crashed out in the 1st round of main draw(3rd round, R32) at the hands of Aruna(27th seed), whereas ZJK remained unbeaten against foreign teams in MS and MT.

Moral of the story?

Stay low, stay frosty.
Just because I've gotten weaker doesn't mean you've gotten stronger, right?
- Accelerator -

https://www.sohu.com/a/290883028_114977
I'd rather overestimate the opponent than the opposite.
Underestimating the opponent is IMO the most asinine.
- Liu Guoliang -

Last edited:
  • Haha
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
CCY(5th seed) claimed he could beat ZJK(2nd seed) in that poor state and believed his odds were good if he could get a good draw away from ML(1st seed). Heck, he even said ZJK could crash out before he could even meet him.

Reality? He crashed out in the 1st round of main draw(3rd round, R32) at the hands of Aruna(27th seed), whereas ZJK remained unbeaten against foreign teams in MS and MT.

Moral of the story?

Stay low, stay frosty.

https://www.sohu.com/a/290883028_114977

If CCY is on same section of the draw of Harimoto & they meet say round of 32, things might get interesting.... That's one high seed he stands some chance in few weeks

Jan 2018