Back to Forum
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1160
  1. SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 831 1,287
    SFF_lib's Avatar
    SFF_lib is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,287 831
    #141
    Anyone know any links of live TT matches? From what I know mix double starts first on 24/07.

  2. lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 251 710
    L
    lodro is online now
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Senior TTD Member 710 251
    #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    French soccer team, nobody wanted to play in Tokyo, they had to fetch veteran players in Mexico, and some very unexperienced young players to make a "team"... totally laughable

    I think most countries these days have a problem with that , especially with soccer, that most of the best , and highest payed players are working abroad.
    The players might also more feel a loyalty to their clubs, who after all pay them well and are their bosses, than a country.
    National pride might play a secondary role.
    Is this a bad thing ?????
    Personally I think that the sooner we can develop a mindset , globally speaking, of "we", rather than "us and them" , the closer to a peaceful planet we come.

    I do not care if Malong or Chen Meng are from China , Switzerland or Mesopotamia, to me they are human beings and great TT-players 😁

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  3. MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 290 434
    M
    MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 434 290

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2019
    Australia
    434
    290
    1100
    Read 0 Reviews
    #143
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro

    I think most countries these days have a problem with that , especially with soccer, that most of the best , and highest payed players are working abroad.
    The players might also more feel a loyalty to their clubs, who after all pay them well and are their bosses, than a country.
    National pride might play a secondary role.
    Is this a bad thing ?????
    Personally I think that the sooner we can develop a mindset , globally speaking, of "we", rather than "us and them" , the closer to a peaceful planet we come.

    I do not care if Malong or Chen Meng are from China , Switzerland or Mesopotamia, to me they are human beings and great TT-players 😁

    For the French team and big European and South American squads and 95% of their supporters the priority for these team are....
    1. World Cup
    2. Euro or Copa America
    3. Qualifers

    Olympics is not high on priority list, the remaining 5% that think the games is a priority are clueless.... Players have a very full on schedule and recovery is a non stop process so minor events are non essential. Their fans know this. They still display national pride, however they show it to the events that matter the most hence why they will concerve their energy to when it counts, that includes their club teams.


  4. nicedream is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 9
    N
    nicedream is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 9 5

    User Info Menu


    May 2020
    Sweden
    9
    5
    72
    Read 0 Reviews
    #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi
    French soccer team, nobody wanted to play in Tokyo, they had to fetch veteran players in Mexico, and some very unexperienced young players to make a "team"... totally laughable

    Actually the men's football tournament in the Olympics is an under 23 tournament (3 overaged players allowed). This is because FIFA and the continental football associations don't want the Olympics to have the same status and compete with the World Cup and the continental championships. France's squad is quite decent and the other big football countries actually have really good squads considering the age restrictions. Gignac, the player playing in Mexico is actually around France's fifth or sixth best striker which is amazing considering his age and that France is probably the strongest football nation right now on paper (their NT coach is not good though).

    The Following User Likes nicedream's Post:

    MaLin2.0


  5. MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 290 434
    M
    MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 434 290

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2019
    Australia
    434
    290
    1100
    Read 0 Reviews
    #145
    Quote Originally Posted by nicedream

    Actually the men's football tournament in the Olympics is an under 23 tournament (3 overaged players allowed). This is because FIFA and the continental football associations don't want the Olympics to have the same status and compete with the World Cup and the continental championships. France's squad is quite decent and the other big football countries actually have really good squads considering the age restrictions. Gignac, the player playing in Mexico is actually around France's fifth or sixth best striker which is amazing considering his age and that France is probably the strongest football nation right now on paper (their NT coach is not good though).

    So many young gun players under 23....
    Kaylin Mbappe, Haaland, Phil Foden, Jadon Sanchho, Richarlison, Pedri, Fati, Marcus Rashford, Trent Alexander-Arnold, list just continues....

    Even without that rule, national teams wouldn't wanting to be sending big name players to these events.....


  6. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #146
    CNT: Find us in 1 minute!


    CNT: Moar screen time!


    CNT: Mention us!


    CNT: Listen to us!

    The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

    MaLin2.0

    Last edited by zeio; 07-15-2021 at 08:11 PM.

  7. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #147
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/sport...354866006.html
    Touching 40, India's TT great Sharath Kamal hits peak ahead of Tokyo Olympics

    Two days before his departure for the Tokyo Games, world number 32 Sharath Kamal finds himself at the peak of his game.
    https://twitter.com/maitreyabhakal/s...545344?lang=en
    If you want something said, ask India.
    If you want something done, ask China.

    - Maitreya Bhakal -

    The Following 2 Users Like zeio's Post:

    MaLin2.0 and Vlad Celler


  8. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #148
    This below is more like it. Don't just talk about yourself, but also your opponents. As if you're the only one peaking.

    https://thebridge.in/table-tennis/to...e-tennis-22774

    https://top10wishesquotes.com/famous...om-mao-zedong/
    Despise the enemy strategically,
    but take him seriously tactically.

    - Mao Zedong -
    Don't make the mistake Chuang Chih-Yuan did.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/toarumajuts...ghrn/shitpost/
    Last edited by zeio; 07-16-2021 at 11:03 AM.

  9. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #149
    JOC: The Olympics is continuously evolving...

    Pre-2020: Packed stadiums.
    Post-2020: Empty stadiums.
    Table tennis: Tell me about it.

    The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

    MaLin2.0


  10. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #150
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Seeding.

    https://www.ittf.com/olympic-rankings/
    TOKYO 2020 | OLYMPIC QUALIFICATION RANKING 2021/07


    https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uplo...n-20210617.pdf
    Official seeding released.

    https://www.ittf.com/2021/07/16/fan-...-2020-seeding/

    The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

    MaLin2.0


  11. driversbeat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 439 442
    driversbeat's Avatar
    driversbeat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 442 439
    #151
    Team DPRK not going to Tokyo? I assume that their entire team pulled out. Replaced by France who were runners up at the selection trials

  12. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #152

  13. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #153
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Don't make the mistake Chuang Chih-Yuan did.
    Not setting any death flag this time. 😉

  14. MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 290 434
    M
    MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 434 290

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2019
    Australia
    434
    290
    1100
    Read 0 Reviews
    #154
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    Not setting any death flag this time. 😉

    What did he do?


  15. Atas Newton is offline
    says CHOLE!
     
    Senior TTD Member 1,172 964
    Atas Newton's Avatar
    Atas Newton is offline
    says CHOLE!
     
    Senior TTD Member 964 1,172
    #155
    Am I correct in thinking there will be no spectators at the table tennis tournament since the venue's in Tokyo? Wonder what effect it'll have in terms of psychology for Harimoto/Ito, maybe they won't feel quite as pressured

    The Following User Likes Atas Newton's Post:

    Vlad Celler

    the commentator lists Grand Slam winners, calls JOW John Oev Wellner, LGL Louis Goodland (not kidding)

  16. pongfugrasshopper is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 434 309
    pongfugrasshopper's Avatar
    pongfugrasshopper is online now
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 309 434

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2019
    United States
    309
    434
    840
    Read 0 Reviews
    #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Atas Newton
    Am I correct in thinking there will be no spectators at the table tennis tournament since the venue's in Tokyo? Wonder what effect it'll have in terms of psychology for Harimoto/Ito, maybe they won't feel quite as pressured

    On the other hand, one of their best results was at the 2018 Japan Open. Mima Ito beat CXT and WMY to win the WS title. Harimoto beat the likes of Ma Long and ZJK to win the MS title. There's added pressure but also added energy from the home crowd.

    The Following 2 Users Like pongfugrasshopper's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi and Vlad Celler


  17. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #157
    Yes, no spectators for table tennis. The events will take place at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, right next to the Japan National Stadium, where the opening, closing ceremonies, and Track & Field events will take place.

    The circle in the image from the article below is the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium. The Kokugakuin High School will serve as the "base" for JNT, just 7 minutes away by foot.

    https://hochi.news/articles/20190705-OHT1T50250.html
    Last edited by zeio; 07-17-2021 at 10:56 AM.

  18. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #158
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLin2.0

    What did he do?

    CCY(5th seed) claimed he could beat ZJK(2nd seed) in that poor state and believed his odds were good if he could get a good draw away from ML(1st seed). Heck, he even said ZJK could crash out before he could even meet him.

    Reality? He crashed out in the 1st round of main draw(3rd round, R32) at the hands of Aruna(27th seed), whereas ZJK remained unbeaten against foreign teams in MS and MT.

    Moral of the story?

    Stay low, stay frosty.
    Just because I've gotten weaker doesn't mean you've gotten stronger, right?
    - Accelerator -
    https://www.sohu.com/a/290883028_114977
    I'd rather overestimate the opponent than the opposite.
    Underestimating the opponent is IMO the most asinine.
    - Liu Guoliang -

    The Following User Likes zeio's Post:

    MaLin2.0

    Last edited by zeio; 07-17-2021 at 11:43 AM.

  19. MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 290 434
    M
    MaLin2.0 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 434 290

    User Info Menu


    Dec 2019
    Australia
    434
    290
    1100
    Read 0 Reviews
    #159
    Quote Originally Posted by zeio
    CCY(5th seed) claimed he could beat ZJK(2nd seed) in that poor state and believed his odds were good if he could get a good draw away from ML(1st seed). Heck, he even said ZJK could crash out before he could even meet him.

    Reality? He crashed out in the 1st round of main draw(3rd round, R32) at the hands of Aruna(27th seed), whereas ZJK remained unbeaten against foreign teams in MS and MT.

    Moral of the story?

    Stay low, stay frosty.


    https://www.sohu.com/a/290883028_114977

    If CCY is on same section of the draw of Harimoto & they meet say round of 32, things might get interesting.... That's one high seed he stands some chance in few weeks


  20. zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 8,039 5,826
    Z
    zeio is offline
    says 快、準、狠、變、轉
     
    This user has been banned. 5,826 8,039

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2018
    PNG
    5,826
    8,039
    21309
    Read 0 Reviews
    #160
    https://www.dw.com/en/tokyo-olympics...mpression=true
    "Table tennis is the number one sport in China. They put a lot of money into the sport, and they have the best coaches who understand the game. But I think it is possible to pull a surprise in Tokyo. My target is to win a medal, and I hope to be lucky," Aruna said.

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.