Tokyo 2020 | 2020/7/24-8/9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

I think Boll/Franziska had to win to have a chance. Even if Boll beats Ma Long, I don't see Franziska winning over FZD to see the last match.

Well, Franziska has beaten FZD before (yeah I know it was a slump, but he has). And the real thing is that Dima has to win this match.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Harimoto: Tokyo 2020 MS bronze medalist? He didn't get past me!
FZD: Tokyo 2020 MS silver medalist > Tokyo 2020 MS bronze medalist

Jan 2018
Is it just me or has one of the biggest benefit of covid19 for TT been the elimination of that disgusting table sweat wiping habit with the palm at the net?
ITTF: Not my problem.
COVID-19: Vigilante mode activated.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018

So what do we say about two-time Olympics singles gold medalist vs Olympics singles never-been-better-than-quarter-finalist?

Harimoto/LYJ/Jorgic/Pitchford/Pucar: He didn't play me!

Jan 2018

He would have beaten them anyways. He beats whoever is in front of him - that's the story and I am sticking to it.

ML: I thought the same until I ran into WH 3 times in a row.

More on this later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
whew its over . Congrats to MA Long and China.
congrats to all those who fought well and to the other medalists.

Watched too much TT. Don't want to watch anything for a while, probably till WTTC in November in Texas, if they are held. it would be an even more significant event, but i wonder how many olympians will not wait for this event and retire immediately.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Timo Boll was the last guy to beat Ma Long in international team competition. Probably over a decade ago now. Says a lot.

Stef at mytt graciously corrected my statement (since the World Team Cup is a team competition) by posting this video which happened a few months later:

Jan 2018

Ma Long has beaten all those players, except maybe Pitchford, but I am not in the mood to check. Ultimately, Ma Long always has a lucky draw when he wins and an unlucky one when he loses - he creates his own luck. Maybe Dima should be thankful that Japan sent Niwa and not Mizutani?

It's ML who complained about his misfortune of drawing WH 3 times in a row in the WTTC. He even talked about his slight edge in H2H over WH after 2012. Yet deep down, he didn't believe he could beat him even after taking 2 games back. WTTC 2013 is the worst-ever and most regretful loss in his career. The WTTC 2013 and World Cup 2014 weigh so much to him. All in his own words in 2017.

I have no idea why folks are so hung up on the term GOAT when the very players avoid it. FZD acknowledges ML is undoubtedly the best in the history of this era. ML says he's glad to be regarded as one of the best players. He also says Waldner is a legend, has turned table tennis into an art, and his comprehension of table tennis is worth pursuing when asked if he can surpass him yet.
As I've posted 2 times already. ML's the most decorated. That's the most generous you'll have it from me. But GOAT? Greatest of his time at best.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Was that Melissa Tapper from AUS sitting among the Chinese congregation? 🤔

Whoever it was had to move out of frame once the cameras cut to China winning 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews

I have no idea why folks are so hung up on the term GOAT when the very players avoid it.

No players in any sports are competing for the GOAT name. It is the fans of the sports want to do it. It is a simple concept and if you don't understand it then don't participate in the discussion. Simple, huh?