Is marijuana and psychedelics legal too take and compete internationally

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Internationally? No.

But if you find yourself around this part of the woods, I'll have a few puffs and games with ya.

Reactions: ArturS
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I reckon if I ever combined psychedelics with the fine game of table tennis there is a fair chance that I'd have one of those 'Wow man! I've wasted far too much of my life watching a small plastic ball bounce when there's so much amazing beauty outside in the world' type moments followed by me giving away my bat to the nearest EJ and going skinny-dipping in the stream behind our club.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I reckon if I ever combined psychedelics with the fine game of table tennis there is a fair chance that I'd have one of those 'Wow man! I've wasted far too much of my life watching a small plastic ball bounce when there's so much amazing beauty outside in the world' type moments followed by me giving away my bat to the nearest EJ and going skinny-dipping in the stream behind our club.

Good on ye buddy. Why would we want to make "connections" with a little white ball when we can connect to the whole universe ?
But then again : "the whole universe might well be in this very little white ball" :D

I used to be a poet and a philosopher - but now I am just a bum ;)

Reactions: SofaChamp
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I'm trying to imagine playing a serious match on acid.

Performance would suffer!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
SofaChamp, Where do you live again?

I don't think I said...

But if you're on your way to spike my diet Pink Lucozade in hope of getting a free bat out it, it won't be worth the bus fare up from Bristol. But if you're looking for a nice club with a scenic stream behind it suitable for skinny-dipping, Edinburgh could be a possible destination.

Reactions: Tinykin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The Netherlands have a tolerant approach to the drug abuse of soft drugs
Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
I doubt that the use of narcotic drugs can significantly affect the result in table tennis. Except to increase concentration and reaction. In general, drug use is a sign of an athlete's (just a person's) dissatisfaction with his or her life - there is a desire to have this pleasure artificially.

Rho

This user has no status.

Rho

This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The Netherlands have a tolerant approach to the drug abuse of soft drugs
Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden

I was just wondering if Dutch consider alcohol and tobacco to be soft drugs also ? :p

I ask because I wondered if are you allowed to be drunk and play a table tennis match in a proper tournament ?

If yes , how drunk ? I heard some players play better the more they drink but few others play much worse even if they take a sip of alcohol.

It also looks like some players will be drastically affected by even second hand exposure to speed glue or boosters, while maybe few others who play much better if they sniff a lot of glue before a match (not necessarily reglue the rubber itself)

I knew a player who played much better if he sniffed some cocaine. He actually measured his league performance on this. Couple of times he could could not find his drug dealer and came sober & his results were much worse. Of course I am of course not recommending this anyone

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
In our state, marijuana and CBD products are legalized, but I have not seen anyone pass the tests yet. All my friends who smoke weed and take CBD oil(including me) have never passed the tests, so I think that they are created only to create the appearance of strictness of the law and thus try to limit people to use this kind of product. I try to buy a quality product, which I need very little. Reliable and legalized is where I buy CBD for myself

Not the best place for advertising.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Some places have this stance and that stance. (Legal to possess and use in a certain quantity on the local/state level)

I work in federal govt and even though my state, county and city has made MJ legal with conditions... many cities have Mary-Jane DISPENSARIES that are deemed ESSENTIAL and are OPEN during the Pandemic ( at 0600 AM !!! with sign toting employees pointing out location of dispensary - so essential govt workers might conveniently purchase on way to work I guess ) ... but the fed govt drug tests employees and if you have THC in your sample you are quickly un-employed.

So it will depend on how the local, state, national, and here, international authorities work it out. There will be differences.

Another left coast state has decriminalized even "Hard" drugs to a large degree recently and there is a lot of discussion over it.

There is an arguement from an economist I really respect where he basically says that the hard druggies ought be free to drug up and their actions will catch up with them real soon and "problem" is over witht he natural consequence of drug abuse (dead horse). That makes sense on one level in that so many monetary and human capital resources are spent on a problem that plays itself out soon... but I disagree with the application of that on the ground in the current situations we have.

The problem with left coast druggies is the local and state govt support them in many ways and they are more apt to keep the gravy rolling... and these druggies do a LOT of damage to society in general with crime and unsanitary living... so there may be the pressure in hte public to stop that... which would be something I would support... except that there are many on left coast who believe it is perfectly acceptable to drug up, urinate, deficate, camp right there permanently and live dirty, and live loud right in front of peoples' living spaces and public spaces like resuraunts and stores. Does anyone like paying $10 USD for one beer and look out the window and see those activities? Not really, but there are a LOT of people who support the rights of druggies to do that stuff and do some wild things like protests and lawsuits when police try to clear that stuff out.

Situations are not as simple to establish and control in the manner one side or other wants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.