review and comparison; bluesponge hurricane 3 vs dignics 09c vs 37 degree hurricane 3

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
We gain limited info from personal reviews and until you actually try the product yourself .......

What I would say is that the higher level player you are, then the review would be more relevant to you if carried out by a similar level or better player.

For myself I would like to see a non playing scientific person posting rubber reviews, products tested in the same unbiased way, accompanied by reviews from various level players.

Preston TTC were doing stuff like this and it was really interesting to see the views of different level players reviewing & comparing Rubbers at the same time and giving basic opinions like I preferred rubber ‘B’ for blocking over rubber ‘A’ They also did some basic tests with a robot firing balls at the blade/rubber and imposed the different flight paths over each other. That sort of stuff.

So for me, I watch the reviews and take it all in, only when I actually use it myself can I make a personal judgement on a product. If I post a review it’s based on my experience with the product, and should be regarded as that.

Also how likely is it that I can get my hands on 37 degree H3 ????? So this review is all I have to go on regardless of who and what standard the person is.
The most interesting result from the review was when she wasn’t even playing shots!!!! The bounce / throw test holding a static bat and firing the ball at it from the robot.

So this review had a bit of everything and I feel was a good review based on what I saw.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
When she was under 18, she participated in national competitions. She was the champion of her prefecture.

I almost always lose to her although i beated her several times. [i think i've improved so next time i believe i can do better !]

My usual teammates which are a bit stronger than me [one i can almost never beat, and one i can beat in a good day], beat her easily usually.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have to blame his shoes/floor, seems to be sliding a bit, not enough grip. Can't get no support to push off with the legs.

I found it painful to watch how dead-weight his legs are, totally dragging along like they are blowing in the wind and providing no stability for the loop. :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I just don't understand the notion some people follow that someone has to be at a certain playing level themselves to be able to ascertain/determine what level someone else is at. That is nonsense. Do I have to be close to Maradonas or Zidanes level to understand what made them great? Or any other sports genius for that matter, like MJ? Nope.

This is the internet so everyone has an opinion. If you were to insightfully discuss Maradona or Zidane, it would be hard to do so without having trained or understood football at a high level. It's very easy to be impressed by beautiful things - to teach others to create such things or to insightfully discuss why it is beautiful isn't always as easy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I found it painful to watch how dead-weight his legs are, totally dragging along like they are blowing in the wind and providing no stability for the loop. :(

Yeah - it felt like poor imitation of Schlager style cell ball looping. I have damaged knees so I wouldn't say my technique is better, but he can definitely get a lot more out of his legs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If you don't like the coaching example, then what about commentators? Should an NHL commentator possess a slapshot over 80 mph or hit all 4 targets in the all star tests to be OK:d to work as an NHL commentator? Should a football commentator be able to dribble past Bonucci and score or tackle Messi mid dribble and win ball possession? :D I'm just kidding around of course but you understand where I'm getting at. We're pretty much in agreement ;)

There are two kinds of commentators - expert commentary and entertaining color commentators. Very often, the expert commentators are people familiar with the NHL or hockey at a particular level. And usually, the color commentators, unless they have a reputation for good comedy, always are careful to know their place when criticizing the players. They usually defer to the experts to for knowledge about what is going on.

In any case, most of my issue was not with bobpuls observation, but with how he phrased it. And the dismissive way in which he phrased the forehand as *weak* and the way he made it a universal statement about typical female forehands made me wonder what his angle was.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NextLevel said:
That's entirely fair. I probably should just have pointed out the sexism and left it at that.

Nah, C'Mon, NL expressed why he felt like he did and only mentioned that it was POSSIBLE... that... I would say thiat is minimum enough expression of OPINION to avoid the artillery shelling I gave the second dude who commented, then I later praised dude.

NL is showing openess to criticism or opposing viewpoints, it is noble citizenship, needed in society.

Reactions: quanghuysk
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Interesting... Japanese lady wearing a Korean National jersey...

Right now in Korea, almost everyone is in hte middle of the Boycot Japan movement (suppose this is because Japan govt is too smirky dismissive in saying sorry 100+ yrs late for taking over Korea about 100yrs ago and ruling it brutally, by destroying all natural resources and making everyone speak Japanese, or else... Guess old grudges do not die so easily.

So this is interesting.

What is more interesting is I still see Korean online TT stores sell Japanese TT gears... and I still see Korean Amateur playrs on Korean TT forums go Ga-Ga Goo-Goo over the BTY blades and new rubbers... so there is a limit to the effectiveness of the movement.

I suppose Koreans see this vid of a japanese Lady wearing their national jersey in a TT vid and not like it so much... unlikely this vid will go viral in Korea.

Despite all that, KTTA is sponsored by TSP(under Victas since 9/2017) and Panasonic(and Butterfly and Nittaku up until 11/2017). I wonder how many people in Korea know and feel about the former acronym of TSP and its Japanese name? And why is Panasonic not displayed on the official website?

TFW4W6e.jpg

OT9g6Nw.jpg

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Next Level

Is Dignics 09c really that good? How does it compare with Nittaku Pro Turbo Blue and or Pro Orange and other tacky stuff from the annuls?

I just tried D09c and really liked it coming from Tenergy 05 Hard. I can't speak for players with cost considerations or inferior technique (or superior technique either). I assume it is a rubber most people can play with though it is slower than Tenergy because it has some tack.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
zeio said:
Despite all that, KTTA is sponsored by TSP (under Victas since 9/2017) and Panasonic (and Butterfly and Nittaku up until 11/2017). I wonder how many people in Korea know and feel about the former acronym of TSP and its Japanese name? And why is Panasonic not displayed on the official website?

These are valid questions.

My earlier post was contrasting the nationalistic sentiment nationwide with Korean Amateur TT plays being Korean, feeling just as nationalistic, wanting to boycot Japan, (and likely do in a number of product areas) but in TT, will buy up all the Japanese TT gears they can get thier paws on and go crazy talking about it in person at the clubs and online on the Korean forums (just like fanboyz do on TTD and other forums)... all all the while, these Koreans are being very hypocritical behaving like this.

Freedom of choice is golden, a natl govt should not dictate who buys what (NOT freedom of choice)... and an association of "press" should not be pushing a narriative to tell people to not buy something (NOT freedom of choice)... now if collectively, a nation feels a certain way and decides collectively to not buy somethings... then that is freedom of choice.

My point is that Koreans playing TT have double standards. Also, some Korean websites that sell TT gear proudly display the BOYCOY JAPAN movement on their website... and continue to offer Japanese TT gear... and people continue to buy it like all that stuff is exempt or something... and those things are the best-seller. Just laughable. They should be consistent... but people do not have that in their nature, so i shouldn't wonder at it.

Koreans feel really good buying the most expensive stuff, as they think it is an indication of the highest quality. This is not always true... but try convincing Koreans about that. The 2 top Korean brands, Xiom and Nexy... they were not accepted by the Koreans IN KOREA until a full TEN YEARS AFTER they started making quality gears. Xiom took a LONG time to be accepted, even if it was well accepted everywhere but Korea. Nexy, even tougher... they practically had to buy the top pro teams and several prominent TT pros to get acceptance of their brand... even if their webstor was the no.1 online seller of TT gear.