I Can't Deal With ABS Ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
God bless that you don't use tacky hard rubbers. If you swear at using grippy stuff in humid environment you have never experienced tacky slippage... FYI they turn into antispin when humidity is too high, they suck especially when there is high humidity low temperature (because they harden af).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Feel like tacky rubber should have the advantage.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Did the brand of balls start with "J" and the ball name start with either "F" (and appropriate first letter) or "P" ?? ...which is the first letter of POS...

Those two are not the only crappy performing balls, a brand starting with B with forst letters of "G" and just about any letter in the last several years also qualifies, as do dozens others.

It seems only the latest gen ABS balls bounce and hit worth anything... not as easy to spin, but you can still spin it... but DAMN... so much EASIER to hit through and attack an attack than before...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
TTD member erm, who is also a pastor, played with both Joola balls... and any tourney using that ball he almost does not want to play in that tourney... but BTY really took the cake with the G40... abosolutely HORRID sound on bounce... like it is big time broken... and even without humidity, that ball is slicker than an eel right out of water... yet the ball looks spectacular in loop to loop rallies away from table.

We went to a tourney using that G40 ball... let's say erm almost wanted to go off and cuss like a sailor, but refused to do that...

OPPORTUNITY.

Come gift time, one day, when erm came in the club... I had bought a 3 pack of Nittaku Premium balls, which 99 percent of players locally INSIST on using or else! Well, I put the three new NP 3* balls into my bat bag... and dropped in three new BTY G40+ balls into the Nittaku Premium 3* box... wrapped it up and gifted to erm... erm went ot table and proceded to take out one of the balls, hit to partner and IMMEDIATELY caught the return ball and took a long look. HE shook his head and shook his fist at me hehe. Well, that dude is 150 kg soldi grown man... don't take thta lightly, I took my chances.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
MOG, you would LOVE playing in Korea in Jul/Aug/Sep... absolutely BRUTAL heat and humidity... and electricity costs a lot of money, so clubs have one small ductless A/C unit... and that drops humidity down from 95% to 88%... then everyone sweats... and it goes right back up to 95%+

You try to play a spin based game trying to graze ball, you gunna really suck there. That is one reason why Koreans love to bang the ball and drive a lot... weather and club conditions are a factor...

Reactions: MOG
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
TTD member erm, who is also a pastor, played with both Joola balls... and any tourney using that ball he almost does not want to play in that tourney... but BTY really took the cake with the G40... abosolutely HORRID sound on bounce... like it is big time broken... and even without humidity, that ball is slicker than an eel right out of water... yet the ball looks spectacular in loop to loop rallies away from table.

We went to a tourney using that G40 ball... let's say erm almost wanted to go off and cuss like a sailor, but refused to do that...

OPPORTUNITY.

Come gift time, one day, when erm came in the club... I had bought a 3 pack of Nittaku Premium balls, which 99 percent of players locally INSIST on using or else! Well, I put the three new NP 3* balls into my bat bag... and dropped in three new BTY G40+ balls into the Nittaku Premium 3* box... wrapped it up and gifted to erm... erm went ot table and proceded to take out one of the balls, hit to partner and IMMEDIATELY caught the return ball and took a long look. HE shook his head and shook his fist at me hehe. Well, that dude is 150 kg soldi grown man... don't take thta lightly, I took my chances.

Nittaku 40+ Premium 3* balls have just gotta be the best I’ve used, if you can manage to keep in good condition, I mean use a lot, they seem to get better with age.
i bought a 3 pack 1 1/2 yrs ago, lost one in a TV cabinet practicing feel and spin control in the living room!!!!
The other 2 have been used extensively for practice and they just seem to have got smoother over time and spin capability has increased!!!! They now reside with 72 Donic and 72 ish Joola practice balls being used with my robot.
granted the practice balls ain’t the same quality, but you sure know it when the Nittaku’s come flying at you!!!
same with serve practice they just spin better and more consistently.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
NP 3* balls are actually a bit smaller than other balls (they are at low end of tolerance) and they figured out the ABS formulation a lot earlier than DHS did...

Now DHS has caught up with their latest gen ABS balls... the problem is you gotta search a long time to sort out all the eggs. Seems DHS only makes a quality ball for the other brands that contract DHS to make ABS balls, they pay for and get their quality if they paid enough.

Nexy's ABS ball a few years ago... their 2* bi color practice ball was better... but that practice ball was better than 90% of abs balls on the market at the time...

Now Nexy's ABS ball will stand up against NP 3* or anyone's quality ball.

The NP 3* balls, they wear out and get SHINY... very difficult to see that ball after it is a few weeks old and not broken... if your NP 3* balls are not getting broken, you are not around people who can hit. Even Div 4 Korean amateur J-Pen players would destroy those balls. No way a 3 pack lasts a week over there around those boyz... and a couple Div 1 female old school J-Penners I know...

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
NP 3* balls are actually a bit smaller than other balls (they are at low end of tolerance) and they figured out the ABS formulation a lot earlier than DHS did...

Now DHS has caught up with their latest gen ABS balls... the problem is you gotta search a long time to sort out all the eggs. Seems DHS only makes a quality ball for the other brands that contract DHS to make ABS balls, they pay for and get their quality if they paid enough.

Nexy's ABS ball a few years ago... their 2* bi color practice ball was better... but that practice ball was better than 90% of abs balls on the market at the time...

Now Nexy's ABS ball will stand up against NP 3* or anyone's quality ball.

The NP 3* balls, they wear out and get SHINY... very difficult to see that ball after it is a few weeks old and not broken... if your NP 3* balls are not getting broken, you are not around people who can hit. Even Div 4 Korean amateur J-Pen players would destroy those balls. No way a 3 pack lasts a week over there around those boyz... and a couple Div 1 female old school J-Penners I know...

yeah, I don’t play at that level, so no one I’ve played with hits that hard, they have taken a pounding though, from a lot of use, miss hits, hitting pretty hard objects like corners of walls, metal garage doors, edges of tables etc I’m pleasantly surprised they are still ok.;)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Thinking about it, in Korea, coach would start out MOG in Mens Div 5, then move him to Div 4 after enemy coaches complain... then he would likely have a long stay in that division. Too many ringers hang out in Div 3 + 4... so they can make the club glory in the handicap TEAM event.

Reactions: MOG
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
At least I would have a coach!!

If one does not have a coach in Korea, they are wrong, purposely anti-social, or just do not have a life. Amateur TT clubs EVERYWHERE run by ex-pros or ex-elite amateurs.

If one is single in Korea and does not have a GF/BF, then we really know they are anti-social hard to the core. All it takes is to go out with the fellows (or gals) for chicken and beer a few times, make a coule friends, then mention your situation. Your situation will NOT remain that long for sure.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Genuine DJ 40+ Balls from the olympic batch.

Since TOKYO Olympics 2020 got now cancelled, DHS manufacturer allowed the Olympic batch of D40+ to be sold on general market. The balls are now available from Aliexpress at decent price. The product will make a great memorability of the Missed Olympics. SUPERB QUALITY WARRANTED.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
yeah, I don’t play at that level, so no one I’ve played with hits that hard, they have taken a pounding though, from a lot of use, miss hits, hitting pretty hard objects like corners of walls, metal garage doors, edges of tables etc I’m pleasantly surprised they are still ok.;)

You play DHSH3NBS in a garage?

This user has no status.
Genuine DJ 40+ Balls from the olympic batch.

Since TOKYO Olympics 2020 got now cancelled, DHS manufacturer allowed the Olympic batch of D40+ to be sold on general market. The balls are now available from Aliexpress at decent price. The product will make a great memorability of the Missed Olympics. SUPERB QUALITY WARRANTED.
Do these balls have the Olympic logo? If no how do we know they are Olympic balls? Where can I buy them?

Last edited: