MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Well i used these cleaners on tenergy and my tenergy's always last very well, i also used them on hurricane with no problems at all.

Rubbers are always better when they are new, so new rubbers, use cleaner, dont let them get wet or moist from humidity and buy new rubbers regularly.

Assuming you want to be a spinny good player, pros do not use a rubber for 6 months!!
So why should we if we want to play our best and spin as much as we are able at our lower level.

It is expensive, but i do not drink much or do drugs, so i spend my money on tt if i have some left!!

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Well i used these cleaners on tenergy and my tenergy's always last very well, i also used them on hurricane with no problems at all. [...]
I believe you completetly missed my point. You say the one you use has some type of alcohol in it, and a quick google search shows that you should not expose rubber with alcohol due to multiple factors.

I've never used cleaners, and my rubbers always last long. Both our rubbers last long; I don't use cleaner, but you do. How would you ever know if the cleaner is actually doing something?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,

I have a couple of sheets, red which is maybe 4 months old, this has mainly been used on BH side and has dulled where finger position is for various serves, doesn’t seem to have effected performance. Black sheet is about a month old, haven’t noticed any change yet, I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

couple of photos attached, black sheet looks better than in photo.

Attachments

• EBA52109-68BB-412F-81E8-04EC6B6C8DDF.jpg
    EBA52109-68BB-412F-81E8-04EC6B6C8DDF.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 016A64DF-0017-45D4-829E-8F1601FAA2B5.jpg
    016A64DF-0017-45D4-829E-8F1601FAA2B5.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But water puts water into the rubber, so then the rubbers lose grip, dont forget the rubbers are still porous. I use joola cleaner which I think has some alcohol or something in it. Much better than that foam rubbish!

Also use a chamois type sponge too!!

IMO you should never clean a rubber with water, not unless you blow dry with a hair dryer after!!

MOG, a dot of water on my hand, and I wipe the rubber, it is dry in under a minute because there is so little water in the first place.

A damp sponge (NOT A WET SPONGE) the same thing happens. The rubber is dry in under a minute. And I do not put my racket away wet. That is foolish. I let it sit for quite a while after I clean the rubber while I put other things away. I leave my racket standing upright while I pack my bag. And then I put the racket away. There is no way the water sinks into the rubber and stays in the rubber. With oils, you have to leave them on a long time for them to sink into the rubber. The water is not on for long enough to sink in. And there is not enough of it to sink in.

So, either your idea is silly, or how much water you thought you might use to clean the rubbers is. LOL.

No need for any cleaners. I don't care if someone really wants to use them. That is their business if they want to pay to have the rubber wear out faster. But I definitely know my way of cleaning my rubbers is going to cause the least damage to the rubber of all options.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl that's fine, I had a vision of you using gallons of water to clean your rubber!!

Anyway more importantly, do you just use a drop of water to clean your balls or do you use some soap??

:eek:

I clean my ballz with goat milk and honey and sometimes I add frankincense and myrrh. :) No harsh detergents for the family jewels. :)

Reactions: lasta
Status
Not open for further replies.