MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
Yogi reviews seem pretty spot on. Lots of other reviews are all over the place with differing opinions but his feel more reliable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Also, you are confusing equipment testing and pro players training and familiarizing with a new equipment. Those are 2 diferent things.

No I'm not. They oftentimes wait that long before coming to any conclusions.

Playing hours?
You are the one misunderstood my post. You asked me how much time i said 1 week. I said 3 hours but that meant 3 hrs per day. At least use some common sense here. I will play 3 hours in one week so that is like how many minutes of play only per day?

No I'm not. They oftentimes wait that long before coming to any conclusions.

Yes you are. Checking the characteristics of a rubber is not that hard. Being able to use that rubber or blade for its maximum potential and at the same time being a good equipment for that pro player is totally different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
You are the one misunderstood my post. You asked me how much time i said 1 week. I said 3 hours but that meant 3 hrs per day. At least use some common sense here. I will play 3 hours in one week so that is like how many minutes of play only per day?

Don't misquote me. I said "How many playing hours do you typically test products before posting your reviews?". To which you replied one week. To which I asked again how many hours. Obviously nobody knows if you play every day, if you play the same amount of time every day, hence asking how many playing hours.

The same way you would judge a rubber's durability after playing hours, not days elapsed, right?

On that topic, how do you judge durability if you are rotating through several different rackets all the time? Do you come back to the ones you like after finishing your week of testing with other rackets, and keep track of the hours along the way?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yes you are. Checking the characteristics of a rubber is not that hard. Being able to use that rubber or blade for its maximum potential and at the same time being a good equipment for that pro player is totally different.

Yes, as I already mentioned, I know your reviews are checks for general characteristics, because it takes more time to really see how a rubber holds up and performs in matchplay rather than drilling conditions.

You also need not tell me what I'm misunderstanding because I have talked to and seen directly from countless pro players and their sponsoring companies/equipment managers how they go through the equipment change process. Many of them would not come to any conclusions until after a good number of hours of breaking in and adapting to the new rubber.

Don't misquote me. I said "How many playing hours do you typically test products before posting your reviews?". To which you replied one week. To which I asked again how many hours. Obviously nobody knows if you play every day, if you play the same amount of time every day, hence asking how many playing hours.

The same way you would judge a rubber's durability after playing hours, not days elapsed, right?

On that topic, how do you judge durability if you are rotating through several different rackets all the time? Do you come back to the ones you like after finishing your week of testing with other rackets, and keep track of the hours along the way?
Again, i did not misquote you. My answer was clear. Why would i divide 3 hrs in week of playing and drilling? Knowing that a match of 3 out 5 matches lasts at about 20 to 30minutes and the drillings lasts longer? Did you even check my other reply? Durability xan be determined after a month
Again, as what i have said the purpose of the thread which is to check after the test have been done.

Yes, as I already mentioned, I know your reviews are checks for general characteristics, because it takes more time to really see how a rubber holds up and performs in matchplay rather than drilling conditions.

You also need not tell me what I'm misunderstanding because I have talked to and seen directly from countless pro players and their sponsoring companies/equipment managers how they go through the equipment change process. Many of them would not come to any conclusions until after a good number of hours of breaking in and adapting to the new rubber.
I will tell it in your face again. You are confusing equipment adjustment and just checking of characteristics. You are talking to pro players and companies, sure! Who do you think i talk to and have access to?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Your answer was not clear at all. I asked how many hours you use the rubber before posting your review. You replied 1 week. Is that supposed to mean 168 hours of using the rubber? 21? 3?

So I asked again, how many hours. You replied "at least 3". Then finally, on the third post, you clear up that it is 3 hours a day for 7 days = ~21 hours.

Anyways, the answer is clear now. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I will tell it in your face again. You are confusing equipment adjustment and just checking of characteristics. You are talking to pro players and companies, sure! Who do you think i talk to and have access to?

No clue. Fill me in.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
That's what I thought. You're not suddenly part of the inner circle just because you do online equipment reviews, which companies sent you essentially for cheap marketing. Not saying I am either, but the fact that you are trying to tell me who I have and have not talked to speaks volumes.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
zyu81 I think this is getting a bit unnecessary.

Yogi does good honest reviews, he does not say this is good or bad, he explains what sort of player it might suit, did it work well for this way to play, I think his reviews are generally accurate.

And it is a good staring point for a discussion.

That is enough for most of us on here!

No one makes you read them!

Reactions: quanghuysk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I think they are a fine starting point for discussion too. I've seen some things that I generally agree with and some I do not. Reading that he was going to post a review of Dignics a week after he got it made me ask the question of how many hours he uses a rubber before reviewing it - honest question, yes? Not my fault that he misread what was pretty clearly written (how many HOURS do you play with a rubber with before reviewing it) and then I was surprised by the low number he gave me. After that was cleared up, I said that 3 hours a day for a week seems like a satisfactory amount of time, then he started telling me that I'm misunderstanding my own direct experiences that I shared as a point of reference, and then implied that I am lying about having had those experiences. So who's posts are unnecessary?

In any event, we can leave it at 21 hours to test a rubber being an appropriate amount of time to make conclusions. And 3 is not.

And is calling a rubber something for "STUPID GULLIBLE FANBOYS" necessary?

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I could give you a pretty decent opinion on a rubber after 1 hour if it was with someone I regularly played with.
It is only to get a feel for it.
Any player that has used lots of blades and rubbers and is a reasonable standard should feel differences pretty quickly IMO.

Surely the trick is to always use the same ball/balls, always be at the same venue, always be against the same players and take account of the weather. Make it as scientific as possible!!

I think they are a fine starting point for discussion too. I've seen some things that I generally agree with and some I do not. Reading that he was going to post a review of Dignics a week after he got it made me ask the question of how many hours he uses a rubber before reviewing it - honest question, yes? Not my fault that he misread what was pretty clearly written (how many HOURS do you play with a rubber with before reviewing it) and then I was surprised by the low number he gave me. After that was cleared up, I said that 3 hours a day for a week seems like a satisfactory amount of time, then he started telling me that I'm misunderstanding my own direct experiences that I shared as a point of reference, and then implied that I am lying about having had those experiences. So who's posts are unnecessary?

In any event, we can leave it at 21 hours to test a rubber being an appropriate amount of time to make conclusions. And 3 is not.

Reactions: lasta

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
going back to the topic --

Today I bought a sheet of d09c used on another forum for $37. Does that make me a Bty fanboy?

If it does they will make me turn in my official Nittaku fanboy club membership card I got for buying three acoustic carbons and eight sheets of g1.

lolz

Reactions: yoass and MOG
That's what I thought. You're not suddenly part of the inner circle just because you do online equipment reviews, which companies sent you essentially for cheap marketing. Not saying I am either, but the fact that you are trying to tell me who I have and have not talked to speaks volumes.
If you are assuming that i am only limited to talking to the marketing department and have no access to testing material with other relevant info before an equipment comes out then you did not get that sarcastic joke remark about donald trump. I will just simplify it for you because admittedly you it was m fault to assume that you understand that i was talking about 3hrs per day per in a week. All these years i have spent with tt companies, i have developed good and mutual relationships with them that i have access to some info not readily available to the public. Heck, i even know which esn rubbers have a unique technology that is present only for 1 company and all others area generation behind. My point aside, you misundertood my point again. I only said sure you talk to players and companiesin which i further implied that if you talk to compankes and pro players, who do you think i talk to? Again, check the context of what i was trying to say. By the way, this cheap marketing that you describe have helped players by having a bird's eye view on a equipment. That is for players who do not have access to borrowing equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
If you are assuming that i am only limited to talking to the marketing department and have no access to testing material with other relevant info before an equipment comes out then you did not get that sarcastic joke remark about donald trump. I will just simplify it for you because admittedly you it was m fault to assume that you understand that i was talking about 3hrs per day per in a week. All these years i have spent with tt companies, i have developed good and mutual relationships with them that i have access to some info not readily available to the public. Heck, i even know which esn rubbers have a unique technology that is present only for 1 company and all others area generation behind. My point aside, you misundertood my point again. I only said sure you talk to players and companiesin which i further implied that if you talk to compankes and pro players, who do you think i talk to? Again, check the context of what i was trying to say. By the way, this cheap marketing that you describe have helped players by having a bird's eye view on a equipment. That is for players who do not have access to borrowing equipment.

I do agree and have already stated that your reviews are generally good for getting general characteristics or first impressions. At times it can take a long time to start to truly appreciate characteristics (or realize drawbacks) of equipment that may not jump out to people in the first few hours which is what I was trying to speak to. That said, again, I think 21 hours is somewhat sufficient especially if you have a standardized testing procedure which you have developed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have closed this thread for a few hours so that cooler heads can prevail. I may delete some unnecessary posts.

Here is the evolution of the discussion:

How many playing hours do you typically test products before posting your reviews?

Playing hours?

At least 3. Though due to covid it is reduced. Depends also on the rubber, there are rubbers that need break in period and rubbers that only need 3 days of playing.

3 hours isn't a very long time to get a good idea of the ins and outs of a rubber or blade.

Then go ahead and make a review of your own and do it 8 hrs a day. What does not work for you does not necessarily does the same for me. If you know what you are looking for in a test plus having the experience of testing equipment for 9 years will give you insight and it will not be hard. I stopped counting at 100 to 150 kinds of rubbers and blades each.

I would say this last post is a bit defensive. And I am not sure anything after this is very useful.

I read Yogi's answer of: "at least 3 hours." as meaning that during one week he uses a rubber for at least 3 hours total before he reviews. Because the question of how many hours was asked specifically more than once.

However if by 3 hours he means 21 hours (3 hours x 7 days), then it is easy to see how Yogi may have known what he meant and other people may have misunderstood what he meant because what he wrote was "3 hours".

That being said, no more discussion is needed on the subject. Yogi's reviews are very useful and help people who are of the general category of forum members and those reviews have helped a lot of people make more educated choices about equipment.

So, lets just leave that discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.