MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
Well in all seriousness. I can easily tell what a rubber can or cannot do within an hour. The moment i tried BTY rubbers i know for a fact that esn are trash. There's absolutely nothing ESN can do while bty counter part cannot while there's lots of BTY can do while esn cannot.

The only other rubber I consider playing is probably h3 prov/nat. H3 can do something BTY and another rubber simply cannot do.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
haven't tried the D09C, although i would like very much to try it because I had been using SpinArt for so many years.
But I've shifted to T80 (BH) 2 months ago, and I feel I play very well with it, better than ever on BH. So why change ?

I'm still a stupid gullible Butterfly fan boy anyway.

PS1. I've posted a video in the Daily Chat thread where i play BH/BH drill with my coach Hidetoshi OYA, who is using T80 on both sides, and is also a stupid gullible Butterfly fanboy.

PS2 i've had in the past a few messages moderated for what seems very inoffensive comment (trying to make some puns, jokes - although some sleazy ones)
I don't understand why the title of this thread itself isn't being moderated. With the moderator being involved in this thread , it seems like an endorsement of it

Last edited:
May 2018
haven't tried the D09C, although i would like very much to try it because I had been using SpinArt for so many years.
But I've shifted to T80 (BH) 2 months ago, and I feel I play very well with it, better than ever on BH. So why change ?

PS1. I've posted a video in the Daily Chat thread where i play BH/BH drill with my coach Hidetoshi OYA, who is using T80 on both sides, and is also a stupid gullible Butterfly fanboy.

PS2 i've had in the past a few messages moderated for what seems very inoffensive comment (trying to make some puns, jokes - although some sleazy ones)
I don't understand why the title of this thread itself isn't being moderated. With the moderator being involved in this thread , it seems like an endorsement of it

stick with bty and focus on your skill you will def save money. Try out esn trashes and EJ will waste your time and money and stagnate your improvement.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Dignics 09c - a rubber for stupid gullible Butterfly Fan Boys!!

Interesting. I actually agree with you. But I was in the hospital when this thread started. Which is why I have been very low key on the forum. But, I do think the title of the thread is a bit rude and obnoxious. And it does imply that so many top pros who use Butterfly equipment despite being sponsored by companies other than Butterfly must not know what they are doing.

But, with this thread, there is a reason why I have asked Dan and Giang to read everything and decide what to do with the thread.

Maybe they will agree with you as well that the premise of the title is not so okay and maybe the OP is sort of offensive as well.

But that is separate from the thing that actually got me to the thread. Which was an interaction between two members. In most threads, things won’t be moderated simply for content. In most threads a lot could be acceptable but not bad behavior between two forum members.

And jokes in poor taste are not really a problem. But jokes that are a bit sleazy that get reported by another TTDaily member, that becomes harder to ignore, especially when the member offended happens to belong to the gender offended in the sleazy joke. But I don't know what the context or circumstance of the sleazy jokes were.

If someone hit the report button on the OP and reported it as offensive, all members of the Moderation team would be notified and we would have to decide if the offending post should be removed. So, feel free to report it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: quanghuysk
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
delete 1.jpg

eat me.jpg

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Carl, Dan and Giang,

I sincerely hope no one was truly offended by the thread title!!

I use Butterfly rubbers and have done for several years. The thread title was supposed to be cheeky and provocative, not offensive, well only in a loving way. I am sarcastic often and can be on the edge a bit with my humour.

But if the thread had been called 'Is dignics too expensive' would it have drawn the same reaction, rather than close the thread can I please adjust the title as I hate censorship, as I am sure we all do.

My hope was to get lots of reviews and comments about Dignics 09c as there does not seem to be much actual reviewing of the rubber.

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
For the record I actually edited the word 'stupid' out of the thread title same day as I posted, but for some reason this edit has not been published!!

The other thing is if we were in a room together or at a ttclub and I called you a stupid gulliable butterfly fanboy and smiled with a cheeky grin, you would understand I was having a bit of a laugh and joke.

Last edited:
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hey MOG, I’m not offended, but neither pleased.

I think what you describe as a well-intended, tongue in cheek provocation to get the fireworks started might as well simply be called out as trolling. Yes, it works, and many took the bait.

It’s not a tactic I would consider a beneficial one, in the end.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'm all for free speech.

If two grown men wants to duke it out over a piece of rubber, let the show go on!

BTW, Veblen goods have very strong psychological backing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm all for free speech.

If two grown men wants to duke it out over a piece of rubber, let the show go on!

BTW, Veblen goods have very strong psychological backing.

If they do that in private messages, that is up to them. If it is on the forum and totally not related to the thread it is in, then that is a call for the people who want to make the site safe for people who use the site. So, it is fine for us to disagree on that. And I have a feeling that without some of the moderation that goes on, there would be fewer of the members who are valuable to the forum.

But, arguments do sometimes happen. I have had more than my share over the years. :) It is just, better when they get diffused and things don't escalate. I have moderated arguments that went to death threats. Should those be left in the name of free speech? I don't really think so.

A heated discussion that is on topic is not the same as something where the emotions overtake reason. We want people to enjoy and have fun on the forum.

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
I am a gullible fanboy of Butterfly products....and Darker......and Stiga

This thread just shows how much the nuances of language are not easily or correctly understood in an international setting.
I never for a second thought that the headline was insulting as I understood the context immediately. Maybe it's because I have seen so many of the OP's posts over the years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
To be honest, as someone who has purchased quite a few sheets of Dignics 09c, I initially thought the title was in poor taste. But I got over it since I knew the context was mostly supposed to be humorous and the OP has been trolling like this for years. And I also know that rubbers like this are not necessarily for everyone because of price or skill level, though I would argue that neither should prevent you from using the rubber because it plays well for a really long time.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This thread just shows how much the nuances of language are not easily or correctly understood in an international setting.
I never for a second thought that the headline was insulting as I understood the context immediately. Maybe it's because I have seen so many of the OP's posts over the years.

UK Banner?

Not the tongue, nor the phrase
Banner has to face

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
NL,

I am just trying not to EJ and buy some, I have been a reformed EJ for a long time now. I tried Nittaku Blue Pro Turbo last year and really was trying to see if Dignics 09c is an improvement on this rubber!
I do genuinely think it is way overpriced though!!

To be honest, as someone who has purchased quite a few sheets of Dignics 09c, I initially thought the title was in poor taste. But I got over it since I knew the context was mostly supposed to be humorous and the OP has been trolling like this for years. And I also know that rubbers like this are not necessarily for everyone because of price or skill level, though I would argue that neither should prevent you from using the rubber because it plays well for a really long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I have been a reformed EJ for a long time now.

Resurrecting this thread!!

So I think I might have changed my mind again. When I posted this thread to start with I was mostly playing with Joola Flash and Xuashaofa poly balls.

I have been really struggling with ABS balls, especially at slower venues. So today I tried Max on the same blade and same venue and it seemed much more suited to the plastic ball. I prefer the Joola Flash, but it is silly to keep using it when no one else does.

So I have a handmade blade coming from AFROBRO this week, think I will slap max on the fh and see how it goes. And sadly if you can't beat them join them, I gotta join the plastic ball gang now and move with the times.

Other thing is I was often using 1.9mm on flexier 5 ply woos, now I use a nearly stiff 7 ply wood so need more help from the rubber.

Next Level, would be interested on your thoughts on this matter!!

NDH

how stiff is the Harimto, what do you think it would be like with Sp on bh?

your not allowed to tell me not to be an EJ!

No but joola flash are poly . I am not saying they are better really just so different.

I will need a faster blade for ABS balls and I might need to go back to max rubbers on my fh!!

Next Level

Is Dignics 09c really that good? How does it compare with Nittaku Pro Turbo Blue and or Pro Orange and other tacky stuff from the annuls?

Hopefully the custom baby AfroBro is making me will sort the plastic crap out!!

my blade is an OFF 7 ply wood so decently quick, however with the ball and humidity it was horrendous, so so slow and no spin.
It is definitely time to either switch permanently to plastic balls and buy a turbo nutter off+ carbon blade or get two blades.
The difference is not even slight, it is humongous!

A few posts of yours from the last week. You sure about that boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.