MOG's D09c Thread: Now Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is it normal Dignics 09 Black wears out quicker than Tenergy 05?I play Dignics 09 on FH and tenergy 05 red on BH .tenergy looks like new and Dignics has white stains after 2 weeks.

Does those stains remain after cleaning?

And can you take photos of that.

And this is after how many playing hours?

Likely this is something on the rubber rather than something that represents wear of the rubber.

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
i played 14 hours,photos Are after cleaning.is it shit Rubber?does anybody have the the same problem? Is it nonsense fairytale about dignics longevity?

IMG_20200814_200327.jpgIMG_20200814_200333.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i played 14 hours,photos Are after cleaning.is it shit Rubber?

View attachment 21883View attachment 21884

It looks like there is white stuff all around the lettering as well. It is hard to say what is going on but they don't look like rubbers that are the same age for multiple reasons that don't have to do with wear. I thought most people said D09c lasted longer than Tenergy.

But, in the 14 hours of training, did you give an equal amount of time to FH and BH? Or did you use one side more than the other?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Those white marks are normal for tacky rubbers. Get them all the time on H3. They're more visible on black due to the high contrast.

Reactions: Tango K
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
i played 14 hours,photos Are after cleaning.is it shit Rubber?does anybody have the the same problem? Is it nonsense fairytale about dignics longevity?

View attachment 21883View attachment 21884

Hi,

I have a couple of sheets, red which is maybe 4 months old, this has mainly been used on BH side and has dulled where finger position is for various serves, doesn’t seem to have effected performance. Black sheet is about a month old, haven’t noticed any change yet, I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thank you.i was wondering if it Is because of tackiness or not

In the end, the big issue is how it plays, not what it looks like. And if it still grabs the ball and if the topsheet is still elastic and if the sponge still is elastic, then it should continue to play well.

All accounts from players who are decently high that I have heard, say that Dignics rubbers last considerably longer than Tenergy rubbers. I could be wrong since I have not played them. But that is what I seem to remember hearing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Butterfly says you should take special care of Dignics09C with a protective sheet sold with the rubber. You should put it back after use after cleaning the rubber else it would quickly decay

I find the protector sheet a bit much but I am a bit too low rated to care about taking care of the rubber delicately. Just cleaning it with water and storing it in a case has kept it tacky enough for me.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
When i clean my rubbers i just put the paper that comes in the new packet over them, i think it absorbs some of the moisture, my rubbers have lasted longer since I have done this!!

When it is humid, I take my bat home and leave it out so all the moisture in the rubber can evaporate!!

The paper seems to make even more difference with tacky rubbers IMO!! I think it acts like blotting paper!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
D09c is not tacky to start with so maybe sheet matters not. Tacky rubbers pick up dust during practice, I wipe on sweaty shirt to clean, wipe on shorts to dry, works good. After practice cover with protection sheet {SRSLY why not it cost $1} and put in case.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Regardless of what Butterfly says about how to clean your rubbers (beginner racket maintenance), that is just marketing. Cleaners, detergents, they cause the rubber molecules in your rubber to oxidize faster. This causes them to become less grippy and less elastic more quickly. It also causes the rubber to wear faster. Butterfly has a vested interest in you using a product that gets you to buy your next rubber sooner.

Water on a sponge does every bit as good a job at cleaning your rubber as that goofy foam does. Honestly, it does a better job and does not cause the rubber to oxidize as fast as the foam cleaner does. And it is free.

I said a sponge. I used to use a sponge. These days, I honestly put a dot of water on my hand and wipe my rubbers with my damp hand. To me, that works really just as well as the sponge. But it means I don't have to carry a sponge around. :)

Why pay to use a product that causes your rubber to wear out faster?

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
But water puts water into the rubber, so then the rubbers lose grip, dont forget the rubbers are still porous. I use joola cleaner which I think has some alcohol or something in it. Much better than that foam rubbish!

Also use a chamois type sponge too!!

IMO you should never clean a rubber with water, not unless you blow dry with a hair dryer after!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
[...] Much better than that foam rubbish! [...]
You have no idea what is in the BT cleaner, or Joola cleaner; but still type this? Imo, you should never use any cleaners, heard by a lot of people that these cleaners are bullshit. You have no idea what is in it, and how it reacts to rubbers, wood etc.

Edit: I just found a website, wikihow, stating that you should not expose rubbers too often with alcohol, cause it may cause it to break down more quickly than normal. Which is exactly my point, you have no idea what is in the cleaners and how it reacts to rubber, which makes it not safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.