Blade Test
      Forehand Rubber Vo>102
      Backhand Rubber Need to see

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LF faster and harder blade than Innerforce AL

Hello guys,
      Since a few months I'm training a new Playstyle, from two winged Looping(mainly FH) to Short Pips on FH.
      The last 2 years I played a Innerforce AL (first edition) with Fastarc G1 on FH and Fastarc C1 on BH.
      Since training the SP (Victas Vo<102) on FH, I needed to adapt a lot and am still doing so. But now I have some issues with the new playstyle, Smashing and Driving with the Pips is good, but blocking to fast Topspins is hard. On the BHside, since I twiddle the Blade to make my FH services, I see, that the services aren't as good with the C1 than with the G1, longer an less Spin. First Topspin on BS is still very good, but the faster TS Followup is quite hard, it misses Power, no matter how fast I accelerate with my Hand. Blocking on BH is another difficutly, too often the Ball misses the edge of the Table by less than a cm. Now with the new Playstyle, I need to block more often and I need to use the BH Topspin more (especially as follow-up or Smashspin). I thought of changing the C1 for a G1 or Vega X, but I think that the Problem is more on the Innerforce AL, which is a fantastic Blade, but it is too soft for the new play and the catapult is killing the Blocks.
      The main inspiration for my game is Mattias Falck, while I will never achieve his level of play, which I am aware , the way he plays is what I am training for, close to the table, Spin on BH and Speed on FH, combined with good driving and blocking.

So by consequence I decided to change for a harder and faster blade. A few Alternatives I already looked at: Andro Treiber CI or CO, Gewo Force ARC, Butterfly Viscaria, among others but these are my favorites right now.
      So I am asking for your advice, what would you recommend. Pricewise, a Viscaria is the most I will pay, no way that I buy a Blade more expensive. 130€ is already too expensive in my eyes, but there you go...

Thx in advance

2. Top | #2
      This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden
      Equipment:
      Blade Der Materialspezialist Wizard
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-P
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Grass D.TecS

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 706 Times in 430 Posts
      Have you looked at the new Flack blade? Haven't tried it but he supposedly uses it.

https://www.yasaka.se/products/falck-carbon/

3. Top | #3
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Germany

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 67 Times in 35 Posts
      Of course I have never seen you playing, but I had similar problems with the C-1 and still like the G-1. Therefore your plan to use the G-1 on backhand seems to be a good idea, but I would use it in 1,8 mm (thick).

On the forehand-side you could still use the G-1 if you change the blade. Otherwise the Tibhar Gurus Prime (2,9 mm) could be an option, because the feeling is not far away from the G-1, but a bit faster and a bit lower through.

If you want to change the wood, I recommend the first version of the Innerforce ALC. The construction is the same as on your IF AL, but with acylate-carbon instead of arylate. If you are interested in such an old Innerforce ALC, feel free to contact me with PM.

4. Top | #4
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Luxembourg

Equipment:
      Blade Test
      Forehand Rubber Vo>102

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Yes I had a look, but 190€ is exaggerated... Could be the same as the new Donic Carbon Blade. I also looked at the Ma Lin Carbon he played before, at 55€ that is actually big pro for that blade
      Thx for your insight at the C1 G1 thing. I still wonder because of the catapult once I play a harder blade? I'd say i need a bit more to compensate with a harder blade?

I will stick with SP on FH, it is a question of (shoulder)health, but Aurus Prime is a nice Cover, played it when it came out, but then I had to withdraw because of some injuries.
      I already tested the ALC once, as well as ZLF or ZLC, but that was years ago and they don't fit in my price Range, I refuse to pay that much, especially for Butterfly

5. Top | #5
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Great Britain

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by 1988.lux-yk View Post
      Hello guys,
      Since a few months I'm training a new Playstyle, from two winged Looping(mainly FH) to Short Pips on FH.
      The last 2 years I played a Innerforce AL (first edition) with Fastarc G1 on FH and Fastarc C1 on BH.
      Since training the SP (Victas Vo<102) on FH, I needed to adapt a lot and am still doing so. But now I have some issues with the new playstyle, Smashing and Driving with the Pips is good, but blocking to fast Topspins is hard. On the BHside, since I twiddle the Blade to make my FH services, I see, that the services aren't as good with the C1 than with the G1, longer an less Spin. First Topspin on BS is still very good, but the faster TS Followup is quite hard, it misses Power, no matter how fast I accelerate with my Hand. Blocking on BH is another difficutly, too often the Ball misses the edge of the Table by less than a cm. Now with the new Playstyle, I need to block more often and I need to use the BH Topspin more (especially as follow-up or Smashspin). I thought of changing the C1 for a G1 or Vega X, but I think that the Problem is more on the Innerforce AL, which is a fantastic Blade, but it is too soft for the new play and the catapult is killing the Blocks.
      The main inspiration for my game is Mattias Falck, while I will never achieve his level of play, which I am aware , the way he plays is what I am training for, close to the table, Spin on BH and Speed on FH, combined with good driving and blocking.

So by consequence I decided to change for a harder and faster blade. A few Alternatives I already looked at: Andro Treiber CI or CO, Gewo Force ARC, Butterfly Viscaria, among others but these are my favorites right now.
      So I am asking for your advice, what would you recommend. Pricewise, a Viscaria is the most I will pay, no way that I buy a Blade more expensive. 130€ is already too expensive in my eyes, but there you go...

Thx in advance
      Gewo force arc !you might want to try ? l have 2 for sale 30 euros each seems cheap they are 95 euros new . the handle was anatomic but l found it too thin at the neck so l beefed it up with glued veneers , you [or l can] file it down to any shape and dimensions from flare to an to st

6. Top | #6
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      I find G-1 quite tricky to use on the BH side. C-1 is much more forgiving. I’ve been going back and forth between Rakza 7 and MX-P since I ditched G-1 and I find that MX-P pretty much sits in between Rakza 7 and G-1.

7. Top | #7
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Sweden

Equipment:
      Blade DHS W968
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National
      Backhand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO National (Blue Sponge)

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1,121 Times in 626 Posts
      Can you really put a price on happiness?

8. Top | #8
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Test
      Forehand Rubber Vo>102

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Thx for the offer, but a friend at my club owns the blade and lends it to me for Testing Reasons. Can you add an argument other than you like to sell ?

Yes I think just that with G1 on BH, but I could try since I still have the old ones somewhere. MX-P or S is something I am considering, played it a few years ago, before Aurus Prime. Other Rubbers would be Vega X, Rakza Z, DNA Pro M.

Put a Price on Happiness? Define just that Happiness to which your are referencing?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

9. Top | #9
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      DNA Pro M was a disaster for me. Like a crappy version of R47 that I also hate with a passion.

I know of quite a few players that tried DNA when it came out but pretty much everyone has switched back to Mantra or Tenergy 05.

10. Top | #10
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nate Cedar Straight
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,949 Times in 5,220 Posts
      We ALL face the same realities of we are not elite rich... or are common folk who have sacrificed, then worked hard enough long enough for decades to save some funds for stuff like this later in our lives...

... if we want expensive TT gears, then there is gunna be a trade-off.

How much do you want that TT gear?

You gunna donate blood plasma 10x to get one?

If you do not want to trade off so many things, then GET SKILLS (education/experience in a pro field), WORK HARD (harder than ANYONE) and SAVE (which may meen NOT buying TT gears)...

...then decades later, you might be able to afford those kinds of things you want...

... but we all WANT IT... RIGHT NOW, don't we?

Ask your soon to be socialst govt for the funds at no cost to you... why not have someone else who worked hard, earned the money, then had govt steel money from them unwillingly to give to someone in your situation...

...because it isn't fair that some succeed and some do not, right??
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

11. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

lasta (4 Days Ago)

12. Top | #11
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Test
      Forehand Rubber Vo>102

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte View Post
      We ALL face the same realities [...] right??
      I'm sorry, but you are clearly off-topic. If you did not understand the initial Question, I can rephrase it.

13. Top | #12
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Test
      Forehand Rubber Vo>102

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Got a 81g Force ARC to test. Will see how that goes, might give a major insight. But unfortunately I don't think Training will be possible till next week.